Hey, @Ark1002. Could you, like, not? This RP recently suffered from intrusion from the Alleyverse and we had to patch it up afterwards. It was a lot of hard work and we really don't want it to happen again. So could you please take the Alleyverse stuff and leave with it? This is the Knights Awkward RP. It has been here for 3 years and it's going to stay the way it has been for many years to come. Please do not try to mess it up and mesh it together with the Alleyverse, for it is completely separate from that. You can still RP in this, just, you know, as a person of the Knights Awkward universe. Please discard the Ghostblood stuff if so. Thank you :).

Edit: Oh yeah, and try not to break the fourth wall. Saying stuff like "Shouldn't this be in the RP section?" is considered rude behavior where I'm from and makes the metagamer look like an chull. The one exception is the Surge of Metagaming / "Meta-tation", but even then those who use it still think of this place as a world, not a forum; really, it mostly just lets the Surgebinders see where a person is based on the words they wrote in the RP. Writing random unrelated things that aren't with the surge, like what you and some other guy named Ladrian said is annoying, rude and grinds all the action to a halt. So please refrain from doing that stuff, as well as keeping the Alleyverse separate from the Knights Awkward (separate universes brah).

Edited by Le Sigh

On 5/21/2015 at 3:42 PM, Mistrunner said:

Alleywatcher

I will offer cookies to those who have not been spiked initiated

I will sustain the knowledge of Hemalurgy because it is fun

I will seek to avoid being avoided in dark alleys

Are you confused entirely? I wasn't even the one to say Ghostbloods... so, if you want to play the moderator of something you aren't in charge of, at least know what you're talking about.

In Foumlurker’s last moments, looking up at the awkward blade that was soon to impale his face, he heard a voice.

You can do that too you know. Accessing the surge of Metagaming is possible for a Forumlurker of a certain ideal...

“I know the words,” Forumlurker whispered in anguish, “but I can’t speak them, doesn’t speaking here count?”

You will know what is right... 

With those words of conformation Forumlurker once again shouted out an ideal of the Forumlurkers, “I WILL STAY SILENT AMONG MANY WORDS!!”

Inhaling a stream of booklight, Forumlurker smiled and reached forth his hand pulling a chunk of un-retconned universe stuff into his world.

A boulder appeared right above Le Sigh’s head.

Wouldn’t it make more sense canonically for Le Sigh’s shardblade to be a Brandonblade (Honorblade)?

Also, how does Le Sigh get three surges?!?!?!

Edited by The Forumlurker
Adding more out of universe stuff

@Ark1002 Oh right, sorry. The Ghostbloods thing was from @BooksBeforeDeath - who, no offense to him, couldn't seem to be bothered to know the correct oath to recite.

Actually, on second thought... the Ghostbloods were in the Stormlight Archive, right? Yeah I think so. On second thought I guess that there could be Ghostbloods in this world, so that's fine.

However, I'm fairly certain I know what I'm talking about when I'm speaking of about the "fourth-wall-breaking" stuff. That stuff needs to be edited. The Hemalurgic spike thing was from back when there wasn't exactly a plot for this, just people swearing the Oaths and chatting and such. The whole "Le Sigh" battle thing is pretty new. Although since this is a parody universe I'm not really sure if the Hemalurgy laws would be the same... idk. Just please don't break the fourth wall, it's annoying, only do it with the Surge of Metagaming and even then nothing really major.

Finally (yes ik im kinda rambling here. sorry) you can't really just walk in and say, as you said: (see ur quote below this one). The way it's worked is that a person has to come before the Knights Awkward and make themselves heard to them, swearing to them and the Ideals. You can't just go in and say you've already done it, that defeats the whole purpose of everything! So just edit that one post and you will be all clear. Thank you kindly for bearing with my insistence. :) 

@The Forumlurker, who ever said it was an Honorblade? It's a spren silly :P 

Also he gets three Surges because he's not a Knight Awkward, he's the Champion of Forium, granted with the powers of Antibookbinding (the opposite Investiture of Bookbinding, which is used by the Knights). Also, I've learned from many years of Dungeons and Dragons that it is a horrible idea to put the Big Bad on the same power level as the player characters. Especially if there are, like, 50 of them, as there are now.

Also going to be doubleposting because for some reason it won't let me write out of the Quote box. Sux :( 

On 12/15/2018 at 4:57 PM, Ark1002 said:

"'Ello. I'm an Alleywatcher. I swore all the ideals." - this latter part is naughty. bad bad. no.

Alpha Universe (Un-retconned)

The giant palace of the Knights Awkward was collapsing in on itself. The remaining Knights Awkward had already fled. The champion had been defeated.

The only person left was Daydam, attempting to dodge the various boulders in exaggerated motions. A ginormous boulder was about to crush him. But suddenly, there was a pop, and it disappeared.

Beta Universe (Retconned)

“I WILL STAY SILENT AMONG MANY WORDS!!”

Le Sigh sneered as Forumlurker shouted out his Oath. "Fool. Nothing can save you from Forium's wrath. You shall be vanquished, and your friends soon after you." He began to plunge his blade forward.

At that moment, a ginormous boulder appeared above the champion's head.

The boulder bore down on the warrior, crushing him where he stood. There was a horrible rending sound, like the tearing of metal sheets. Le Sigh's Awkwardblade was knocked out of his hands, dissipating into mist.

All of a sudden, a great many changes occurred around the various assembled Knights Awkward. The room looked less menacing and brighter, cheerier - at least, as cheery and bright a room covered in fire, craters and the ash of disintegrated books could be. All of the assembled Sanderson characters dissipated as well. In the center of the room, right by the Forumlurker's feet, was a giant boulder of masonry, perhaps 40 feet high. Under it, just peeking out from it's edges, were two hands and two feet, as well as an assortment of lilac crystal shards.

Le Sigh, scourge of the Knights Awkward, was...

... possibly dead. It was kind of hard to tell. He'd survived an explosion that had torn a great crater into the floor, so why not this? At the moment, however, his status was undetermined.

But in any case, he had been defeated, and the battle was finally over.

Edited by Le Sigh
gave it a satisfying ending :)

Silva yawned. She considered telling Le Sigh off for double-posting, but decided to let it be. For now. Since double-posting was a heinous thing indeed.

Anyways, she dropped her forcefield and started pouring mental power into attempting to telekinetically moving the boulder off of Le Sigh. But being one person, it was too big a task to accomplish on her own. Silva did keep trying, because while she might not love the bloke, the poor fellow didn't deserve to remain squashed. No one did. So she kept at it, ignoring the fact she was using non-Sanderson magic.

Beta Universe

Oops, did I just kill her...

What do you think....I mean, really sometimes Forumlurker!

I think I can fix it...

That is one of the most wonderful ideas I have ever heard!

Thank you!

that was sarcasm...

Oh..well too bad!

Re-channeling the surge of Meta-tation Forumlurker forced the boulder back into the second universe, for some reason it was much more difficult compared to last time. Then walked up to Le Sigh and said...

Alpha Universe

Daydam stood there wondering what just happened. He was about to be crushed, then the hand of Brandon delivered him! It was a glorious day! After praising Sanderson’s name....a boulder appeared! Not above him, like last time, but exactly where he was. He felt his body rip away from existence.

Back to the Beta Universe!

...Are you dead? Before seeing someone, Daydam, fall onto him!

Daydam and Forumlurker lurker both scream at the same exact time

I'll keep the Alleywatcher part, it's in the beginning and I'm not changing it, but I do need to figure out how to swear the ideals. I didn't know that part.

And yes, the Ghostbloods are in world as well.

Though this should still be in the RP section.

• 2 weeks later...

@The Forumlurker: Blame @Ark1002. He's the guy who's life goal is apparently to make everything difficult for us >:(

Basically, what I've gathered is that he comes across this RP and wants to "make it right". First he wants to move it to another section. What was also annoying was that he (and some other guy) tried to bring in some meta stuff (as in, meta content not created using the Surge of Meta-tation). I also don't like his holier-than-thou attitude - he talked to me like I was below him, which was not cool. So basically, just an all-around annoying guy.

did try and contact @Mistrunner to try and thwart him, but she doesn't seem to have taken any action. I just hope she does or who knows what will happen to the Knights Awkward?

3 minutes ago, Le Sigh said:

He's the guy who's life goal is apparently to make everything difficult for us...his holier-than-thou attitude

I'm not Happy about it but that's still a little rude...besides can't we post in the meantime?

19 hours ago, The Forumlurker said:

I'm not Happy about it but that's still a little rude...besides can't we post in the meantime?

Ok I guess that's fair enough. But still, it pushes my buttons when people bring meta content into a roleplay, and it REALLY pushes my buttons if they then get all huff-and-puff.

I guess we could, but I'm not sure if we should wait to see what Ark has to say before doing it. He's kind of a prick but he seems to be a big person on the sight, so it would be unwise to cross him.

Though I guess I've already crossed him, which makes me unwise :P

Ark? He's okay. I have no clue where he gets all those upvotes, though.

Beta Universe (Retconed) 

Dapper reached into his pack and pulled out a beat up notebook, which he consulted for a second before looking at the fight between Adolin and Dwig. He commanded Dwig to allow Adolin past. The Shardbearer walked up to Dapper, blade held warily. Dapper breathed in, feeling his pack get lighter. He jumped forward, yanked Adolin's helmet off, and placed his hands on the man's temples. He breathed out, somehow pushing Booklight into Adolin. 

Adolin's eyes cleared, and he looked normal again. He turned around and put his helmet back on, settling into Windstance and facing the horde before him. Dapper fell back, a smile on his face. His theory had been correct.

@Dr. Dapper Just so you know, when Le Sigh was killed/KO'd all of the Sanderson characters disappeared. Although Adolin can stay, because now he's under your control.

Le Sigh was not prompted to talk when the boulder disappeared, or even when a second Daydam fell onto the Forumlurker. Shards of lilac crystal, masonry and bone pierced his skin, and there was an ever-growing puddle of orange ooze beneath his body. It was a very citrus-like orange color, and oddly carbonated; if one of the assembled Knights tried to taste it, it would've tasted a lot like very fizzy orange soda, straight from the bottle. Of course, as all Knights know, orange soda is a deadly instrument of the fell god Forium, and probably wouldn't taste it.

Despite all the injuries shown on Le Sigh, his chest was slowly rising and falling rhythmically. So he was just unconscious, not dead. While Le Sigh's helmet was broken, his long locks of golden hair obscured his face.

10 hours ago, Le Sigh said:

I guess we could, but I'm not sure if we should wait to see what Ark has to say before doing it. He's kind of a prick but he seems to be a big person on the sight, so it would be unwise to cross him.

*laughs* Ark is just Ark. No need to ever be scared of him. (No offense, Ark, but it's true :P)

7 hours ago, DapperDoc said:

I have no clue where he gets all those upvotes, though.

I know, right?

Guess he's alive. Silva thought, dumping a bucket of water on his head.

For those wondering why I've been so silent on this thread, it's mostly cause of how it's kinda derailed? I don't really know what's going on anymore to be honest. The guild was originally made as a place to make friends and chat and all that with some light, silly rp as the means by which that could happen, and that's obviously not what it is anymore. I'm not saying that it's bad now, but right now it really isn't something I want to participate in.

I'm still following the thread, so I am reading all the posts, but mostly just to make sure you kids are all getting along. Also, while I'm on that note: please get along. Try not to make big changes without consulting everybody else (which kinda started this whole mess and is what is making people mad), and keep it friendly in here. Remember, this is a wholesome thread. The atmosphere has been getting toxic and I don't like it.

Also, I don't know the rules about this sort of thing, but if you want to get intense with your rp and all that maybe it would be a good idea to make a separate thread in the roleplaying section. If you're gonna be doing all this double universe and involved plotline stuff that might be scaring away casual members, that might be an option for y'all. Somebody should probably check with a mod first cause I'm not sure if that's a thing you can do, but my point stands. This thread's gotten a little scary for the non-serious poster/newcomer. :P

Edit: Just wanted to add that the whole concept and community of the KA is something I'm very proud of bringing together, and something I really would like to enjoy participating in again. I want to feel the same warmth from the community here that I used to. I don't think that's a complete impossibility, but I am very sad that I've started to feel disconnected from it all. I know I'm rambling a bit, but hopefully y'all understand what I'm trying to say.

Edited by Mistrunner

10 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

Edit: Just wanted to add that the whole concept and community of the KA is something I'm very proud of bringing together, and something I really would like to enjoy participating in again. I want to feel the same warmth from the community here that I used to. I don't think that's a complete impossibility, but I am very sad that I've started to feel disconnected from it all. I know I'm rambling a bit, but hopefully y'all understand what I'm trying to say.

OOC: Don't worry, the main villain has been defeated, so the happiness will come again :) You guys can do whatever you want with Le Sigh but in the end he has been vanquished, Forium has been thwarted and that's the end of the first book (lol jk) But yeah I'm fine if we all go back to being a fun place to hang out and maaaaaaaaaybe just RP a little bit. Also, I'd also like to point out that the Alpha Universe isn't a problem, mainly because the Knights Awkward all died and there's no story except for Alpha Forium going on to destroy the human race. So all the action will be in the Beta Universe, unless someone wants to do some alternate universe travelling and stop Alpha Forium - which could actually be another big plot if we chose to undertake it. Just an idea though.

9 hours ago, DapperDoc said:

For absolutely no reason whatsoever I did a ton of worldbuilding for this universe. I had quite a few bad (and sometimes funny) ideas that I wanted to try and maybejustalittletinybit use in this world. 

OOC: Yeah that's fine too. I kind of did as well; I actually kind of classified some of the various surges, invented a copy of the Shards and Parshendi, and actually gave this thread a big plot! But all plots come to an end, and now we can have a golden age of ideas and fun on this site! (Assuming Ark doesn't send it all to where the sun doesn't shine.) But enough OOC out of me. Time to wrap up this plot.

Le Sigh awoke to a bucket of water being splashed onto his head.

The Fanshendi champion groaned, raising a shattered gauntlet to cover his eyes from the sunlight streaking through the (mostly shattered) stained glass windows. He attempted to stand up, but promptly fell back down.

"Ow," he said lamely.

Then he looked around. Despite the light, there was still a spot of gloom that struck his face exactly so nobody could make out his facial features. He looked each and every one of the assembled, war-weary Knights Awkward in the eye.

And then he began to laugh. It began in a low chuckle and grew to first a hearty laugh, and then a maniacal cackle. He roared with nigh-insane glee, slapping his knee, rolling around on the ground.

And all the while, he was saying, "Fools! You fools! You don't know what you have gotten yourselves into! You all will die! Forium will come! He will come! Ahahahahaha!!!"

And he would continue to cackle and roar until one of the Knights would decide what to do with him.

“Sorry to break it to you Le Sigh, but I searched the Coppermind and all of Arcanium and came up with this,” and by combining his two surges he formed something that could only be created with intense searching, time, effort, and meta-gaming, a WOB...

Questioner:

Will Lord Forium return through his champion Le Sigh to destroy the human race?

Brandon Sanderson:

Sorry to break it to you but no, unfortunately Forium was shattered by Odium right after the shattering of Adonalsium, everything else about the warrior Le Sigh is RAFO.