On 12/3/2018 at 3:36 PM, Mistrunner said:

Alright, so it's been a while, but I'm back now. What's going on?

@Mistrunner

Basically, the gist is:

After the forum had died, a guy named Le Sigh (me) had appeared. He was a member of the Fanshendi race, a species of beings kept under slavery by the humans. The Fanshendi god, Forium, had sent Le Sigh, champion of the Fanshendi, on a quest to defeat and destroy the Knights Awkward. He had Bonded with a Voidspren, which gave him Surgebinding (Bookbinding?) abilities as well as the usage of an Awkwardblade (so his powers were profane, @Ookla the [your choice], not holy). He walked in and made a huge dramatic speech, which was greeted with a bunch of silence broken by a guy talking about slavery and waffles. This surprised Le Sigh, as he had expected more people. He attempted to interrogate Jeirid. Chaos ensued, including ignorance of being on fire, non-violence god-modding, the tactical usage of sodium bookies and a whole bunch of people not even related to the topic of the Knights Awkward (I think they were Librarians - they called themselves the "Stickquisitors"). In any case, Silva / Ookla the [your choice] turned Le Sigh's Awkwardblade into a stick, which annulled his (Surge/Book)binding abilities. He then weeped as the Stickquisition disappeared into thin air.

Afterwards, we spoke with the "Stickquisition" members and they said it was alright if we just uncanonized all of that stuff. However, getting everyone - emphasis on "everyone" - to edit all their stuff and delete it or mark it as "non-canon" would be pretty difficult.

In other words; the forum went to the pisser.

I don't think we need to mark anything as anything, really. It's a forum thread, not a Sanderson book, and we don't exactly have much in the way of established canon to begin with. :P We can just handwave something about alternate universes splitting off and move on.

(Can't believe this exists... I freaking love this)

Daydam entered the room, reading a book with a young girl in black in the cover. He seemed to barely notice the people in the place until he lowered the book to speak, his voice coming out firm, its low tone giving him an air of self-confidence he certainly didn't feel.

"All the way from the forgotten kingdom of Argentina, I, Daydam, maker of mate and tereré, would be glad to join the Knights Awkward. Wether I'm accepted or not, I swear to live by the ideals of the Rolesmiths.

Books before friends. 17th Shard before the real world. Release dates before birthdays.

I will bind others with fictional narratives."

Edited by Daydam

Dapper, (Or the being soon known as Dapper) entered the room, with a stack of large tomes in his hands. 

"I come from the arcane farland by those who live there as the westernfront. I am here to swear the oaths. 

Books before friends 

Release dates before birthdays

17th Shard before real life.

I will bind others together with fictional narratives"

Actually, looking at it now I think I like @Mistrunner's idea better. Splitting the universe in two could offer all sorts of interesting ideas for stuff, especially if we cross streams. We'd probably have to make a separate forum for that, though, otherwise it would get confusing. Maybe "KA: Alpha Universe" and "KA: Beta Universe". I'll try to explain it more in my following post.

Guest Star: Anna, my Alleyverse OC! (She's only staying temporarily, however.)

@Ookla the Benefactor @Daydam @Ookla the Skeptical @Ookla the [REDACTED] @Ookla the [your choice] @The Forumlurker @Ookla @Ookla the Lord of Light @Callsign: Jato @Ookla the Seon Are

Amid all the fire, explosions and other turmoil, a young woman in her early twenties appears with a pop, a whoosh and a thoom. She has long strawberry blonde hair, emerald green eyes and a haunted look to her. She looks around at all the madness that is unfolding before her.

Beside her, a small semi-flat sphere of shifting white and black energies floats up. "Well, this universe has gone to sod, hasn't it?"

The young woman nods slowly. "Indeed it has. I can see the very threads of reality unwinding and loosening."

"Then now is your time to strike," a small voice whispers. Another thing floats up next to her. It appears as a cross between a lint ball and a cotton tuft. "With reality loose, you can use your abilities to recreate it to your own ima-"

"No," the woman says. "My surges are of Transportation but more importantly Progression. I do not create, only restore. And that is what I am going to do."

"But wouldn't changing these events contradict that?" the tuft retorted.

The woman gave the tuft a small smile. "Under usual circumstances, yes. However, I have found a loophole; I can create not one but two universes. One will follow the events as they have been for up to the Stickquisition. But the second universe, that will be restored to correctness. Both ones will be stable, because they will be intertwined, able to shift between one or another. Both are restored, though in different ways."

The ball of white-and-black - a type of spren known as, though not by anyone except for the woman and lint ball, a Timespren - seemed to make a clapping sound, despite its lack of hands. It pulsed in intensity as it spoke. "A wonderful plan, Anna! I will aid you as much as I can - even with the universe unraveling, all three realms of this universe reject our presence, so doing this will be a bit of a struggle."

The red-haired woman, Anna, nodded her head thoughtfully. "That is a good point, Turner. It will be a risk, albeit a risk we must take. Prepare yourself."

"You as well, Anna."

The lint ball said nothing. Rather, it floated back into Anna's pocket, seeming discontent.

Anna spread her arms and inhaled sharply - she didn't require Stormlight anymore, though the breath had just become a bit of an impulse.

There was a terrible roaring and tearing sound, as if the sky was being rent in two, with all the air flowing outward. It lasted for but a second, but blasted everyone's ears and shocked them.

And then it was gone. None of the denizens of the Knights Awkward universes knew it, but there were now two different worlds of the Knights Awkward.

Meanwhile, Anna and her allies had disappeared without a trace. None of them had been noticed by the dwellers of the universes, and would go that way forever.

Alpha Universe (Un-retconned)

The great boom reverberated around the antechamber of the Knights Awkward. With the room already having suffered several attacks, this noise was enough to tumble most of the formerly-decadent structure in one large crash. The door, walls, ceiling, bookshelves, chandeliers - all began to cave in, starting with the fireplace. As the room came crashing down upon the pit in which Le Sigh knelt, mourning the loss of his Voidspren. He looked up to the heavens as they came barreling down towards him.

"How could we have lost?" the Fanshendi warrior asked in a hoarse whisper, choked with tears. "I was the champion of the people... I was important... how could I have lost?

"How?"

However, the warrior would never get the answer to his question, as he would be crushed and buried under so much broken masonry and cobblestone.

The collapse of the room was beginning to reach the other dwellers of the room - Silva, Inklingspren, Furamirionind, Forumlurker, Daydam and Dapper. If they did not move soon, they would soon share the fate of Le Sigh.

Beta Universe (Retconned - possibly some slight railroading involved - if you have a problem with it please contact me)

Just as Silva was about to cast her spell that would turn Le Sigh's Awkwardblade into a stick, there was a great large boom that shook the room, rattled the chandeliers, flickered the flames (and the flamespren playing in the fireplace) and knocked more than a few books off the shelves. This would also cause Silva to stumble, fizzling her spell. Thus, Le Sigh was able to cut right through the book shield of Furamirionind, exposing the Knight Awkward. "I HAVE YOU NOW, HUMAN SCUM!!!" The Fanshendi champion shouted as he began to strike Furamirionind.

However, he was interrupted as two new people entered the room and sweared to their Oaths. They immediately were swathed in Booklight.

Le Sigh screamed. "DAMMIT!!! WHY DOES IT KEEP HAPPENING?! STOP SWEARING OATHS WHEN I AM ABOUT TO KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!"

Silva teleported away. She was sure the others could also find their own ways out.

Beta Universe (Retconned)

Her spell having failed, Silva decided to try a different method and smiled sweetly at Le Sigh. "Maybe it's a sign that you shouldn't kill people. Ever think of that?"

Edited by Silva

"Um.... So it does look like it is a bad time so...... I'm just gunna sneak back out this window and forget that you wackos ever existed" Then Forumlurker just creeped away.

"Seeing as most people make their oaths in the face of certain death," Forumlurker mumbled, "It actually makes sense that there are lots of people...well...you know....foiling your plans for our certain death" Realizing that he had never actually spoken the oaths of the Forumlurkers he quickly shouted out, "Books before friends..  17th Shard before the real world..  Release dates before birthdays!" and, "I will read that which has not been read!"

1r2plq.jpg

I just couldn't resist. I couldn't.

Yet another person swore the holy oaths. "No!!! NO!!! I can't... I can't be defeated! Nothing can defeat me! I am the champion of the Fanshendi people! I must restore this world to what it was once more! I have to! I have to kill you all!!!"

However, he was not egotistical to stay here in the midst of his enemies. He quickly disengaged, drawing back to the fireplace. "Unfortunately for all of you," Le Sigh said calmly, "I have figured out a more tactical usage for my third surge."

Drawing in a breath of Booklight, some of the books crumbling to dust around him, he then breathed it back out again. The Booklight lingered and then swept to his side, forming into many different human shapes. Those mist forms quickly turned into people, and not just any people either; all of them were various characters from Brandon Sanderson's novels. The assembled Knights Awkward would see such folk as Vin and Elend, Wax and Wayne, Shallan and Adolin, Kaladin and Lopen... there were about a dozen in total, with a few repeats in the mix. All of them were slightly... off, however. Not exactly like the actual characters themselves. Perhaps it was their stony, indifferent faces as they became manifested; how their features were a teeny bit off, Wayne's nose crooked or Shallan's hair just a shade too dark or light; but mostly because of the strange, dark fire that the Knights could see burning behind their eyes.

The assembled Cosmere characters (for some odd reason there were no characters from Sanderson's books not in the Cosmere Collection) turned to the Fanshendi champion and saluted him. "Hail to Lord Forium!" They shouted at the same time, in the same deep voice.

"That's much better," Le Sigh said, grinning. "Now, go forth, my legion, and destroy the Knights Awkward ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!"

And thus, the strange not-characters began to charge at the assembled Knights with their cold, dispassionate faces.

Before he could finish saying the words, Daydam had to jump back as the room started collapsing around him. Guess this wasn't a good moment to arrive, he thought. He threw himself backwards once again in an exaggerated motion, barely dodging a piece of debris falling from above.

Well, at least we're gonna have fun.

There was no time to enjoy the newfound power. As light Booklight started streaming from his body, Daydam saw various figures forming inside the room. Was that... Vin? And Kaladin, to her side? Wait. Was that...

Was that Lopen? The Lopen, Daydam's favorite king? But no. Something was wrong in that figure's eyes. Whatever that creature was, it wasn't friendly. A shout confirmed that not two seconds later.

"Now, go forth, my legion, and destroy the Knights Awkward ONCE AND FOR ALL!"

Well, crazy Herdazian, Daydam thought, getting ready to fight, even though he hadn't been in a fight for years. Let's dance.

Of course, he couldn't dance either. Daydam's clumsiness was remarkable, and, even though he had a lot of practice with a sword, he wasn't good for bare-handed combat. This was surely going to be tough.

(Also, which kind of spren would a Rolesmith have?)

Edited by Daydam

16 hours ago, Daydam said:

(Also, which kind of spren would a Rolesmith have?)

Maybe a Scriptspren? Honestly, I don't know. I'm just using the original Stormlight Archive spren for it (Voidspren, Flamespren). I guess Inklingspren would be a spren (explaining why he looks like a human but isn't exactly a human, as he said in one of his earlier posts), and there are probably other made-up ones as well. Feel free to make one up or just take an original, I'd say.

Also, I'm not going to post for Le Sigh quite yet so other people have the chance to take their actions. So go ahead, post full steam ahead! :D

(BBD strides into room)

"Tis I, Books before Death! I am he who read Steelheart before the Cosmere, the one who forsakes all friends not nerds in order to seek enlightenment. I am the one who made his signature a book spin off of the ancient oaths of old long before discovering this sacred guild. Long have I searched for a team of elites worthy of my time. At last, I have found you. Sadly, in none of your orders can I fulfill al duties, so I say this. With this sacred Oath, I pledge myself to your cause. (BBD kneels down)

Theorys before Thoughts

Research before Interaction

Books before Death

(BBD raises his head)

Do you accept me?

Edited by BooksBeforeDeath

"Hail to Lord Forium!" the characters yelled. Soon after Le Sigh yelled, "Now, go forth, my legion, and destroy the Knights Awkward ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!" The creepy not-real charters charged. "Um....well I've never done this before.....so...." Forumlurker stammered, "do you think you could give me a chance to learn?"

Breathing in booklight, Forumlurker felt a new awkward power flow through him...he quickly turned invisible by manipulating the surge of Reclusiveness. A whispering voice could be heard saying, "Hey i just summoned my awkward blade! Um...Is it supposed to be a bookmark?" 

Either way, Forumlurker flowed through the amassed characters spreading paper cuts to all!

Beta Universe(Retconned)

Dapper was surprised, he hadn’t expected there to be a battle so soon after his joining of the Knights Awkward. It wasn’t, however, a bad surprise, as it gave him the chance to test his theories. He opened his massive tome and consulted a page, then smiled, sucking in Booklight and pressing his palms together. He drew them apart, and in a burst of booklight, another man was standing next to him. He was wearing a roughs duster, a crisp shirt, and brown trousers. He had a massive glowing Shardblade over his shoulder.

“Dwig Jigdens, one of my characters, meaning my theory was correct.”

The man moved into a fighting stance. Shardblade held in Windstance. One of the characters charged towards him, a Bridgeman. Dwig took two steps forward, jumped, and swung his Shard downward. The Bridgeman exploded into booklight.

(So basically, the characters are like Stands from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Some of them are long range, meaning they can move fairly far from their creator, about 30 feet. Others are short range, meaning they can only go a few feet away from their creator. Generally, the more powerful a character is, the more likely that they are short range.)

Great idea about how the Adherence copies work, @Dr. Dapper! I love it! Though I guess that means that Le Sigh is really powerful. Although with Adherence I'd thought you would have to use already made characters, I guess it could make sense to go the other direction and import fanmade OCs. I also sort of imagined them less like Stands and more like all those illusionary selves Shallan summoned at the end of Oathbringer, but, you know, with actual mass. Still a really cool idea tho. :D

@The Forumlurker @Silva @Mistrunner @Daydam @BooksBeforeDeath

In all of Le Sigh's existence - from the moment he was born to the day he learned to swing a sword, from the day he was wed to the day he was chosen as the champion of Forium himself, there had always been ups and downs. Something good would happen but then something bad would happen.

This is what was currently going through Le Sigh's head as he commanded his army of Sanderson warriors.

Bad: None of them were attacking Silva at the moment, because she wasn't a Knight Awkward. Good: One of the Knights - a Rolesmith, Le Sigh thought - apparently hadn't figured out how to use his Awkwardblade yet, and was fighting with his bare fists. He would go down easily.

Bad: Some guy had just sworn to the Knights Awkward. Good: He hadn't said the correct oath. He had said "Theories before Thoughts, Research before Interaction, Books before Death". However, the Oath of the Knights Awkward was "Books before friends, 17th Shard before the real world, Release dates before birthdays". Thus, he did not puff alight like all the others, but just stayed a regular human, without any powers. But, just to be careful, Le Sigh sent some of his warriors to kill him before he could correct his mistake.

Bad: The Forumlurker had used the Surge of Reclusiveness to make himself invisible, and was now shredding his way through the soldiers. And... uhh... Another Bad: The other Rolesmith, Dapper, had figured out how to summon his own warriors - though he went in the opposite direction as Le Sigh had, importing an OC rather than an OSC (Originally Sanderson's Character).

Fortunately, all these problems could be fixed, with a little work. Sucking in more Booklight - and thus disintegrating more books in the ever-lowering amount of novels in the room - he summoned even more soldiers, now bringing up the total to around 30. He sent 5 at Silva, 5 at Daydam, 5 at BooksBeforeDeath, and 15 at Dapper. Then, using the rest of his Booklight, he channeled the Surge of Metagaming to pierce through Forumlurker's invisibility. Jumping high into the sky, he channeled the Surge of Dramatic Tension. As he came crashing down, he created a shockwave that knocked Forumlurker off his feet. The building shuddered ominously once again.

As Le Sigh stood, a ray of sunlight pierced through the stained glass window to reflect on him in a forboding light. Flames leapt up around his feet as he slowly, menacingly strode towards Forumlurker and pressed a foot against his chest. His crystalline Awkwardplate gleamed with a deadly light, and he looked like Forium himself at that moment.

"You fool," Le Sigh sneered. "You cannot hide from me. I have been blessed by Lord Forium himself. Prepare to die, once and for all."

Le Sigh raised his Blade over his head, preparing to plunge it into the body of Forumlurker.

I assume that OC's are harder to summon, or something. Dapper has to read the character profiles before he can summon one.

And another thing: What if the Rolesmith is able to Ascend to an Author. It just seems like the most logical thing to happen, to me.

Dapper grimaced, staring down the army of Sanderson characters charging towards him. He would need more help and more Booklight. He reached into his pack, and pulled out a Wheel of Time hardback boxed set, sighed, and breathed in. It crumbled, and Booklight flooded into him. He turned a few pages in his tome, and quickly read the profile. He breathed out, summoning a homeless man wielding a quarterstaff. Rick, another good character.

Rick charged out into the crowd of OSC’s and began bashing them with his quarterstaff, causing them to burst into Booklight. Dapper sucked in the Light and quickly summoned the character he had just read. A Horneater wearing a Rough's outfit, and holding a shotgun. Rick changed his strategy, shoving the enemies towards the red haired lawman, who quickly dispatched them with his shotgun. Then, a Shardbearer shoved Rick out of the way, knocking him to the ground. He was wearing blue Plate.

“What, Adolin, really! It would seem the element of surprise has worn off, and the real fight begins.”

Adolin slowly made his way towards Dapper and Dwig. Dwig reacted quickly, becoming a blur, and bashing Adolin’s Plate with his Blade, causing it to crack.

Edited by Dr. Dapper
I edited it!

Daydam looked to the side, where another man had summoned a character he didn't recognize. Was that an OC? And how on the cosmere had the man done that? He had said the oaths just after Daydam himself had...

"You're like him now," a voice said. Daydam looked around, but couldn't see anyone else nearby. "You can do the same."

Does that mean...

Daydam closed his eyes for a moment, focusing all of his efforts as he took a deep breath, the book in his hand getting destroyed in the process. Booklight seemed to flow within him like a river, almost pushing him forward. He didn't exactly know how to do what the other man had done, but there was something he did know. Something he had read in books many, many times before.

Extending his hand to the side, Daydam summoned his Awkwardblade. The thin, short silvery sword appeared just a moment later. It wasn't even half as heavy as he had expected, and he found himself grinning. "You'll need more than this to beat them, Daydam," the voice said, but he ignored the comment, stepping into Windstance. Just ahead of him, the enemy leader had knocked one of the other Knights off his feet, and was getting ready to finish him. He wanted to do something to help, but found himself trapped as five soldiers joined The Lopen, getting ready to attack Daydam. "Well, time to see if I'm as good as I used to be."

Toa's eyes widened, as the characters moved toward him. Then he pulled out 2 obsidian knifes, and settled into Windstance, a form learned from long hours of studying books at home. Amaniac determined look crossed his face. "Alright then. For the Ghostbloods!" He yelled, ready to kill the enemies for his guild.

Edited by BooksBeforeDeath