Boom the door went as something battered it from the outside. Boom the door went as those inside cowered in fear. Crack the door went as it burst open, a shadowy figure standing in the rain. A voice boomed down the hall, "Books before friends.17th Shard before the real world. Release dates before birthdays." The figure walked down the hall, and... Tripped on nothing. "I would like to join your ranks as a Theoryweaver. My name is antgrgmn, but you can call me ant if you prefer."

Mistrunner jumps up and says, "Ant of the Antgrgmn clan, your Words have been accepted! Welcome to our ranks." For accomplishing the horribly difficult task of communicating with a new, different human being, she rewards herself with a plate of bookies.

He stopped laughing abruptly.  "I... I... I can't remember," he said, as his normal quiet self.  "Hmm.  Madness.  And apparently multiple personality disorder.  I shall have to research this."  He then, seemingly faster than one could blink, hurried over to the bookshelf, and pulled out a book that said Diseases That may not Exist on the cover and sat down to read with an almost inaudible sigh.

*Shuffles in and rasps huskily:* I seek admittance into this guild, and thus speak aloud the first of these oaths: 

Books before friends.

17th Shard before the real world.

Release dates before birthdays.

*Valiantly attempts to ignore the madman in the corner*

Carola lounges in the pile of bookies, "'sup pal! good to meet y'all"
She looks around, "MISTRUNNER," she yells, "We's gots another one!!!!"

She proceeeds to munch on a ship bookie of Kaladin and Shallan,and then one of Dalinar and Navani, "Hm. . . these are actually delicious."

44 minutes ago, RubiksCube said:

"Welcome to the... hmm.  What exactly are we?" Says Jeirid absently, still buried in research.  "'Club' seems like too much of an u-" he cut off abruptly.  "An u-...  An unawkward-" he paused to shudder "term."

Carola shivers at the word. "U-un. .  nope i can't say it"

Lavala screams in shock Why would you even Try that, Carola?

"I'm sorry." she turns to Rubiks, "I think we're probably a. . . Clan? Anti-social guild? Guild of anti-social adventurers, or somethign like that?"

"We should leave it up to mistrunner.  There are so many choices..." Jeirid expression changes and he starts talking more excitedly " we could be a category, class, grouping, set, lot batch, type, sort, kind, variety, family, crowd, party, body, band, company, gathering, congregation, assembly, collection, cluster, flock, pack, troop, gang, bunch, pile, knot, mass, clump, faction, division, selection, clique, coterie, circle, set ring, camp plot, caucus, cabal, association, club, society, league, or guild. Or we could be a-" he cut off abruptly as a hand into over his mouth.

"Sorry about that," he said as his normal self.  "There's just no telling how many personalities I have bouncing around in here.  I should do some more research," he muttered to himself, pulling out several more charts and books, with a bunch of note pages laying around everywhere, dominating most of the keep table.

"I'M HERE!" Mistrunner said, coming through the back door with an armful of strange-looking victuals. "I was out back collecting food. Did you know we had a garden? That grew steak?" She turns to face Rielle. "You are accepted into the Order of the Knights Awkward. Serve honorably and well."

Jasper descends from his perch in the rafters to whisper something to Mist. She thinks for a moment. "What synonym of group are we? I believe we were originally termed a guild, though we're mostly called an order. It sounds more professional."

Sunbird perks up at the mention of steak. "You mean like when a woman goes to a restaurant with someone of the male gender--doesn't matter if it's her boyfriend, father, brother, or what--and she orders a steak and he orders, like, a pasta dish, and when the food comes out the waiter just assumes that the steak must be for the man? That's totally awkward." She shudders and adds in a whisper, "That's why I usually go to dinner alone."

• 3 weeks later...

The doors swung open, and a pale Shin man walked in, wearing a deep dark red cloak. He swung his gaze around the hall, and his eyes settled on the ruler of this dominion, the noble Mistrunner. Immediately, he went down on one knee, bald head bowed, red cloak fluttering.

"My liege," the man said. "I am the Assassin in Burgundy. I have ridden over the Misted Mountains of Shinovar, through the Pits of Hathsin, and around the great city of Elantris, which, though fair, pales in comparison to you and your guild.

"I seek entrance to the Knights Awkward, the sacred order of a bunch of people who sit around talking about books they've read five billion times."

"Speak the oaths, Burgundy Assassin," Mistrunner called.

The Assassin in Burngundy rose from his kneel. "Books before friends. 17th Shard before the real world. Release dates before birthdays. I will speculate even if there is nothing to speculate upon."

Mistrunner nodded regally. "The words are accepted. Rise, Sir Knight.

The Assassin in Burgundy nodded his thanks. "Books before friends. It is the task to which I am now sworn."

Mistrunner pursed her lips. "Books before friends, Awkward."