Mistrunner is torn. She cannot navigate this complex storm of musicals that she loves all of. Which does she sing? What does she do?

She feels a little late to the party. But wait-

There is only one choice. The mashup.

"WAIT FOR IT!

WAIT FOR IT!

I AM THE ONE THING IN LIFE I CAN CONTROOOOOOOL

I AM INIMITABLE, I AM AN ORIGINALLLL

I AM NOT FALLING BEHIND OR RUNNING LAAAAAATE

I AM NOT STANDING STILL, I AM LYING IN WAAAAAAAAAIT (wait, wait, wait)!"

She then dramatically leaps up and sings, "SO IF YOU CARE TO FIND ME, LOOK TO THE WESTERN SKY! AS SOMEONE TOLD ME LATELY, EVERYONE DESERVES A CHANCE TO FLY! Even if there's only- ONE DAY MOOOOOOOORE!"

She then keels over, having used more air than was in her lungs.

Mistrunner whispers "Nashan doesn't hesitate, he exhibits no restraint. He takes and he takes and he takes and he... keeps... winning... anyway..." Out of breath, she collapses and Jasper lets out a sigh of relief. "Is this over, then?" he asks hopefully.

Jaime braces herself to enter the room, she repeats the words in her head again and again to ensure no mistakes.  She peers into the room and sees Mistrunner sitting in the corner with her nose in a book.  With an attempt at gracefulness, she begins to cross the room with her head held high saying, "I present myself to you, Mistrunner, in the hopes of being accepted into the the great order of the Knights..." Her grace is shattered as her feet get tangled in her skirts and she stumbles to the floor at Mistrunner's feet.  Jaime's cheeks begin to redden, still sprawled on the floor she blurts out, 

"Books before friends.

17th Shard before the real world.

Release dates before birthdays."

And proceeds to faint from her embarrassment.

"Shoot" he shrieks, and runs into a wall.

Al's sword Advice Bringer came slightly out of its scabbard in the crash. "I told you to check your spelling... why do you never listen to me you water flesh thing?"

"Shut up Advice Bringer." Al says from the floor.

Edited by Alomantisist

Jaime giggles, she's relieved to not be the only one on the floor. She notices something.. Potatoey.. about Al, and feels at home for the first time in a long time. "MY PEOPLE!" She exclaims impulsively, and instantly returns to her red-cheeked embarrassed state.

Kynedath stands from his armchair near the wall, and walks over to Jaime. Reaching down to offer a hand back up, he says, "I see that you have only come to the knights awkward so far. Would you like me to show you around more of the shard?"

Sunbird breaks off her participation in the musical-fest to give Jaime a quick hug from behind. "Oh, I love when new people arrive!" she exclaims, grasping Jaime's hand (the one Kynedath isn't holding) and pumping it up and down enthusiastically several times. After several seconds, she realizes she has been shaking hands too long and awkwardly clasps hers behind her back. "Uh, don't mind me..." She then begins singing "Still Alive" softly to herself.

Mistrunner looks up from her book to see the room in chaos, covered in bookie crumbs, and possibly on fire.

In other words, a normal day at the Knights Awkward HQ.

"I can't believe this started as a quiet, peaceful place to read," Mistrunner mumbled, getting up and tripping over her purple blanket. "Welcome Jaime to the keep of the Knights Awkward. Bookies are on that table over there. Ship bookies are on the end table by Nashan. Sodium bookies are the worst mistake I've made in my life." She frowns. "Did I forget something? I think I forgot someth- OH! Your Words are accepted, welcome to the Order of the Knights Awkward!" Mistrunner stuffs a bookie into her face to cover her embarrassment. Unfortunately, it was a Ruin bookie. "Gaah!"

Jasper facepalms and flies up into the rafters for some quiet.