Elodin speaks the name of snot and flings the foul projectile back at RubixCube.

"Just leave me alone!"

He takes a bite of the bookie, and his teeth crack. Suddenly a glowing green light is sucked from the bookie and his teeth grow back as metal spikes.

"I AM THE LORD RULER AND NAMER OF ADONALSIUM! FEAR ME!"

He suddenly drops a metal bookie sheet on the ground and Pushes on it, sending him through the ornate skylight.

" All will fear me! I know the name of snot!"

Looks like you want some... company.

"Ruin! How did you get here?"

Seriously man, do you know how many spikes you have?

"And I'm gonna get more! One for each surge as well!"

That's a lot of teeth.

" Don't be ridiculous. I'll put them on my ears. And my fingers! They will be very small."

Don't forget about me!

"Who are you?"

I'm your Hoidspren.

"Oh. Are you a spike?"

No.

"Dangit."

Books before friends.

17th Shard before the real world.

Release dates before birthdays

I will make fun of the unmakefunnable

I shall be frustrating when people hate me for it

I will not reuse jokes on pain of being dunked in a highstorm.

The quipsmiths will rise again!

The heavy wooden doors burst open and a man with a blue Seon floating slightly behind him strode in. The first thing that Brightness Mistrunner noticed however, was the singed mistcloak upon his back.

"M'lady," he said, dropping down to a knee. He was quiet for a moment with his head bowed.

"I have traveled upon theory threads that disappoint," he began softly. "I have seen shallow thinking commented on Brightlord Sanderson's books. I have seen unnappreciated fantasy series' that deserve more."

Over his shoulder, Edo pulsed a faint blue in agreement.

"I wish for more in this place of great nerdy intellect." He continued. "I wish to help that wish. I wish for you to help me wish that wish to come true."

He stood up and placed his right fist on his chest and recited:

"I will speculate even if there is nothing to speculate upon.

I will ask the questions which have not been asked.

I will connect that which has not been connected."

He raised his head and looked at her. "I wish to join the Theoryweavers."

Books before friends.

17th Shard before the real world.

Release dates before birthdays

I will make fun of the unmakefunnable

I shall be frustrating when people hate me for it

I will not reuse jokes on pain of being dunked in a highstorm.

The quipsmiths will rise again!

The heavy wooden doors burst open and a man with a blue Seon floating slightly behind him strode in. The first thing that Brightness Mistrunner noticed however, was the singed mistcloak upon his back.

"M'lady," he said, dropping down to a knee. He was quiet for a moment with his head bowed.

"I have traveled upon theory threads that disappoint," he began softly. "I have seen shallow thinking commented on Brightlord Sanderson's books. I have seen unnappreciated fantasy series' that deserve more."

Over his shoulder, Edo pulsed a faint blue in agreement.

"I wish for more in this place of great nerdy intellect." He continued. "I wish to help that wish. I wish for you to help me wish that wish to come true."

He stood up and placed his right fist on his chest and recited:

"I will speculate even if there is nothing to speculate upon.

I will ask the questions which have not been asked.

I will connect that which has not been connected."

He raised his head and looked at her. "I wish to join the Theoryweavers."

Mistrunner takes a few seconds too long to skid out of the kitchen, holding a pan of strange-looking bookies with an oven mitt that says "definitely not fire." She stares at the newcomers, then remembers that she has a job. "So sorry. I was finishing some ship bookies. I- it was a request," she explains. "You're both accepted, words of- gracious- wisdom- I'm sorry, I'm terrible at this." She is still staring at the very serious, slightly singed man. "You have a Seon? What's its name? Can I ask it about Sel? Can it tell stories? How old is it?" Mistrunner rushes up towards him, and after very narrowly missing an end table she ends up staring at Edo. "By the way, would you like a bookie?" she asks absentmindedly, attention focused on the Seon's glowing Aon.

The new quipsmith, Raklan, runs out the door, sensing something. In the shadows, he sees a form twisting away. Sticking his hand out as he runs, his homorspren turns into mist and condenses into a shining, silvery... chicken bone? OK, Raklan thought. They were going to talk about his weapons very soon. But no matter, a chicken bone was just as deadly. He ran after the form, Shardbone in hand, and ran down a Dark Alley...

Edited by adamlewis

The man in the mistcloak looked confused for a second. "A Seon?" His eyebrows furrowed. "You mean my Spren?" He glanced up at it and it shifted into the form of a bucket. Then a flapping banner. And then into a smaller blue orb with wings and that flew around his head, saying, "HEY! LISTEN!"

He grimaced as Mistrunner raised an eyebrow.

"Valinean's a little... wound up at the moment," he said. The blue orb- Valinean- shifted into the form of a young man reclining on the shoulder of the mistcloak and sighed.

"Nobody gets my jokes," he mourned.

"You said something about ship cookies?" The man asked, pointedly ignoring his spren. "I'll take the 'Vividin' ones," he said, snatching it off the plate and then he shoved it into his mouth.

"Mah nham's-" he started, swallowed, then finished with an awkward half bow, "Peorin."

"See," Valinean began, hovering for a moment in the reclined position as Peorin bowed. "We used to be apart of the Dustbringers order, but Rin here has allergies."

"That's why we came here," Peorin added. "Plus, no one in the entirety of the Cosmere hasn't heard of your delicious cookies!" He wolfed down a few more.

Edited by TheSurvivorOfFlames

Amrynn jerked his head up, seeing the newcomer and hearing a familiar sound.

"Navi?" He said, walking over to Peorin. "Ah, friend, I do indeed get your jokes and I think you'd find quite a few around here that do as well, we just tend to be quieter folk." Amrynn was still wearing his green tunic and chain mail that he'd neglected to change out of. Fi fluttered over with him, circling Valinean in curiosity.

"Amrynn, what's this? Do you know it?" The spren asked.

Amrynn ignored her. "This is my spren, Fi. I think you'll get along here just fine."

Edited by Amrynn

• 2 weeks later...

"So..." Peorin began. "Do we have a thread to place all of our theories in?"

He snapped his fingers out to his side a bit as a nervous tic and people suddenly gasped as his hands burst into brilliant blue flames.

"Because it seems that this really just deteriorated into a thread of peculiar tasting baked goods and falling on-" he paused as he noticed Amrynn gaping at his hands. "What? Have you guys never summoned your Spren as fire before?"

"It's kind of like singing from your hands," Lin explained, changing back to his original form.

Edited by TheSurvivorOfFlames

I am Dragon314, Spren, One of the Ten fools who cannot figure out how to get upvoted, and I wish to join the Knights Awkward.

Books before friends,17th shard before the real world, Release dates before birthdays.

I will ship the unshippable.

Kalavin.

"Hello and welcome! I am the one known as Al! I haven't been here in a while, but I would like to take this moment to...

*psst* spoke Al's trusted blade AdviceBringer, *perhaps you should say something nice to the newcomer, instead of just blathering on. It is impolite to blather without proper compliments*

"Oh. You're right AdviceBringer. You have a very nice profile pic there Dragon314!"

Edited by Alomantisist

• 2 weeks later...

"MIstrunner, did you finish the Kalavin bookies? I want one!"

"Yes!" Mistrunner says excitedly. "They're right here next to the Sodium bookies. They taste a bit bitter and might make you cry, but they're really, really good." Realizing that something she said may need clarification, she adds "Sodium is Sadeas/Odium. I really don't know what I was thinking. I should probably burn those."

"Yes!" Mistrunner says excitedly. "They're right here next to the Sodium bookies. They taste a bit bitter and might make you cry, but they're really, really good." Realizing that something she said may need clarification, she adds "Sodium is Sadeas/Odium. I really don't know what I was thinking. I should probably burn those."

"Sodium bookies?" A horrified look goes across Nashan's face. "Sadeas and Odium? I doubt burning them would be enough! We'll probably have to find or make a black hole to get rid of those."

"Sodium bookies?" A horrified look goes across Nashan's face. "Sadeas and Odium? I doubt burning them would be enough! We'll probably have to find or make a black hole to get rid of those."

Ripple, who has been way too deep in her book, suddenly looks up. "Sodium bookies? Those sure sound Na-sty. Hope they're not too salty." Her barely-contained laughter is visible on her face.

Ripple, who has been way too deep in her book, suddenly looks up. "Sodium bookies? Those sure sound Na-sty. Hope they're not too salty." Her barely-contained laughter is visible on her face.

Nashan facepalms so hard his hand goes through his face and comes out his head. He taps some gold, and then does it again.