Funniest Scenes in Stormlight Archive (so far)

Tetriona

The thing is I didn't actually type "chull". That's just the substitute the wiki stuck in there. <_<

Wait, we have a chull censor system?

Testing. Bad chull.

Wow it works. Nice.

Edited by natc

"I knew it. When we have this figured out, the king of all Herdaz, he will say to me, 'Lopen, you are glowing, and this is impressive. But you can also fly. For this, you may marry my daughter.'"

The chapter in WoK when Kabsal and Shallan make fun of astrology/pseudopsychology stuff is full of gold. I mean Shallan has a lot of great one-liners in general but that scene definitely stood out as having a healthy concentration of them.

Wit talking about kaladins cell : nice place you have here bridgeboy,. I considered moving in here myself on several occasions. The rent might be cheap but the price of admission is quite steep.

Kaladins then asks : how did you get in

And wit goes : well there are things called doors

Classic wit humour

• 4 weeks later...

Shallan and Kaladin's banter in the chasms, Wit's appearances at the feasts, boots, Lopen in general, "I am a stick", and others. Also, might I say, I REALLY want Shallan and Wit to have a conversation and exchange insults for at least a couple of pages, maybe even throw Lopen in there.

"I almost find myself liking him," Kaladin said, pounding his head back against the cage.

"But...after what he did..."
Kaladin shrugged. "I didn't say Tvlakv isn't a bastard. He's just a likeable bastard." He hesitated, then grimaced "Those are the worst kind. When you kill them, you end up feeling guilty for it"

Kaladin on his way to the shatterd plains, talking with anover slave about their slaver.

"Did he just call me vast?" Syl said, cocking her head to the side. "Not sure what I think of that."

"I wasn't complaining," Pattern complained.

Maybe he should learn names. Then he'd have someone to talk to in Damnation. They could reminisce about how terrible Bridge Four had been,and agree that eternal fires were much more pleasant.

"That's how I am," he said dryly. "Bringing death and lies wherever I go. Me and the Nightwatcher."

"You are to be praised for your aid of us mafah'liki," Rock said to her. "I will endure what ever you wish of me. And now that I am free, I can create a shrine fitting to you."

"A shrine?" Syl said, eyes widening. "Ooooh."

"I ain't grouchy," Teft snapped. "I just have a low threshold for stupidity."

"I will leave as soon as the story is done."

"Fine. A man went to jail. He hated it there. The end."

"Dumb luck," Wit said. "In that I'm lucky you're all so dumb."

Edited by The Honor Spren

• 2 weeks later...

"Dalinar!" a voice called.

He turned to find the utterly incongruous sight of Sebarial and his mistress sitting beneath a canopy, eating dried sellafruit off a plate held by an awkward-looking soldier.

Sebarial raised a cup of wine toward Dalinar. "Hope you don't mind," Sebarial said. "We liberated your stores. They were blowing past at the time, headed for certain doom."

Dalinar stared at them. Palona even had a novel out and was reading.

Palona flipped the page in her novel, barely paying attention. 

WoR p 1029

Best scene ever.

Kaladin figured that it took a lot to put him in a situation he’d never before seen. He’d been a slave and a surgeon, served on a battlefield and in a lighteyes’ dining room. He’d seen a lot for his twenty years. Too much, it felt at times. He had many memories he’d rather be without.

Regardless, he had not expected this day to present him with something so utterly and disconcertingly unfamiliar. “Sir?” he asked, taking a step backward. “You want me to do what?”
“Get on that horse,” Dalinar Kholin said, pointing toward an animal grazing nearby.

Has anyone mentioned this yet? The way Kaladin goes on about it, I was expecting he was asked to get vajazzled or something.

"That," Rock said, "was a very fast way to get down. Ha! But it did not include falling on face, which would be fun. So you get only soft clap." He proceeded to clap. It was indeed soft.

Rock jumped up and grabbed it, then dangled from the wall, bending legs below. His deep, bellowing laugh echoed in the chasm. “This time, he holds me!"

Sigzil made a notation on his ledger. “Good. Keep hanging on, Rock."

“For how long?” Rock asked.

“Until you fall."

“Until I…” The large Horneater frowned, hanging from the stone with both hands. “I do not like this experiment any longer."

Edited by ivoryblade

When Syl discovers sarcasm,

"That was---" he began

"Yes," she said. "That was sarcasm." She cocked her head. "I know what sarcasm is."

Then she smiled deviously. "I know what sarcasm is!"

Stormfather, Kaladin thought, looking into those gleeful little eyes. That strikes me as ominous.

"I will leave as soon as the story is done."
"Fine. A man went to jail. He hated it there. The end."

the following part of this conversation was funny:

"Ah..." Wit said. "So it's a story about a child, then."

"No, it's about --- " Kaladin cut off. Me.

Edited by yumikora