Funniest Scenes in Stormlight Archive (so far)

Tetriona

Inadar looked at pattern, who dimpled the floor near Shallan. “I do not like this thing. Spren should not speak. It may be of them, a Voidbringer.”

“I am not a Voidspren,” Pattern said.

“Brightness Shallan—”

“He’s not a Voidspren,” Shallan said absently.

“We should study it,” Inadara said. “How long did you say it has been following you?”

A heavy footstep sounded on the floor, Renarin stepping forward. Shallan would have preferred to keep Pattern secret, but when the winds had started picking up, he’d started buzzing loudly. There was no avoiding it now that he’d drawn the scholars’ attention. Renarin leaned down. He seemed fascinated by Pattern. 

He wasn’t the only one. “It is likely involved,” Inadara said. “You should not dismiss one of my theories so quickly. I still think it might be related to the Voidbringers.”

“Know you nothing of Patterns, old human?” Pattern said, huffing. When had he picked up how to huff? “Voidbringers have no pattern. Besides, I have read of them in your lore. They speak of spindly arms like bone, and horrific faces. I should think, if you wish to find one, the mirror might be a location where you can begin your search.”

Balat - Love is like a music symphony...

Shallan - So, if you finish early, your audience is disappointed?

To go with this, I think the entire section had to do with Balat claiming what love is, and Shallan giving a counter-answer to "prove" it wrong.  I really liked it.

The conversation between Jasnah and Hoid at the end of WoR is my favorite one.

She studied him. Then the sword burst to mist, vaporizing. She lowered her arm. “I don’t have time for you. A storm is coming, a terrible storm. It will bring the Voidbringers to—”

“Already here.”
“Damnation. We need to find Urithiru and—”
“Already found.”
She hesitated. “The Knights—”
“Refounded,” Wit said. “In part by your apprentice who, I might add, is exactly seventy-seven percent more agreeable than you are. I took a poll.”
Edited by Errdil

So... I can honestly say that there have been many parts in the Stormlight Archive that have made me burst out laughing very loudly, (thus resulting in my family looking at me like I'd lost my mind...) The one scene that stands out in my mind is the part where Shallan and Tyn encounter Kaladin on the road for the first time. :lol:

"I offend!............Boots!!"

What line/scene has made you laugh the hardest so far and what character do you think is the funniest???

This is not exact of course, but my favorite is Lopen down in the chasms.

My other hand, the one that was eaten long ago by some beast?  It is making a rude gesture at you right now.  I am telling you so you can prepare to be insulted.  

Like I said, not exact, but that one had me in stitches.

Edited by Wolven

Doesn't seem to be mentioned yet so I'll go for Kaladin medically assessing Renarin

"Yes, yes. Is it idiopathic or symptomatic?"

"Uh..."

I enjoy the understated humour as opposed to more obvious 'punchline' humour

{As a sidenote I was completely blanking on the word 'epilepsy' as I was trying to find the section on my kindle, I knew what it was and how it's used but the shape of the word was escaping me completely (I'm the same with names). Luckily I'm sat next to my PS4 and booting it up brings up the annoying epilepsy warning, so thankyou PS4 for quickly clearing up a random mental fog.}

Also most things relating to Lift, including a previous epigraph refering the edgedancers as 'the most articulate and refined of the Radiants"

Any conversation between Kaladin and Syl

Kaladin: you're starting to sound a lot like my mother.

Syl: captivating? amazing, wtty, meaningful?

Kaladin: repetitive

Syl: captivating? amazing, witty,meaningful?

Kaladin: very funny

Also,the entire scene where bridge four attempts horse back riding

Yes, because... yes.

And that chapter was the best. :D

"The Almighty save a man when his female relative collude about his future," Adolin said with a sigh." Sure it's all right for Jasnah to run about into her middle years without a spouse, but if I reach my twenty third birthday without a bride, it's like I'm some kind of menace. Sexist of her don't you think?"

"Well she wanted me to get married too," Shallan said. "So, I wouldn't call her sexist. Merely ... Jasnah-ist? She paused. "Jasnahgynistic. No, drat. It would have to be Misjasnahistic, and that doesn't work nearly as well, does it?" (WoR, ch 49)

"Expense?" Wit cut in. "Sadeas, I don't believe you've ever paid me a sphere. Though no, please don't offer. I can't take your money, as I know how many others you must pay to get what you wish of them"

Sadeas flushed, but kept his temper. "A whore joke, Wit? Is that the best you can manage?"

"I point out truths when I see them, Brightlord Sadeas. Each man has his place. Mine is to make insults. Yours is to be in-sluts."

So much love for Hoid

"Expense?" Wit cut in. "Sadeas, I don't believe you've ever paid me a sphere. Though no, please don't offer. I can't take your money, as I know how many others you must pay to get what you wish of them"
Sadeas flushed, but kept his temper. "A whore joke, Wit? Is that the best you can manage?"
"I point out truths when I see them, Brightlord Sadeas. Each man has his place. Mine is to make insults. Yours is to be in-sluts."

So much love for Hoid

This is great you are getting this one out! I re-read parts of WoK recently and I stumbled on it. I recall having a conversation with another forumer onto the virtue of the ligheyes, claiming it seemed illogical to never hear about any of them having mistresses (bar Sebarial whom is not married), but this quote destroys it all.

Sadeas goes to the whore houses.

I love it when Wit is just casually handing out insults at the party while sitting on his stool, especially the one about (paraphrased) "Lord *somebody*, proving the limits of human stupidity? How very empirical of you!"

I really enjoyed all of the veiled compliments that were actually insults.

Everything Hoid/Wit, but as axcellence said, Shallan's comebacks on the description of love had me in envious awe. If Brandon manages to keep this up throughout the whole of SA, i may just die from being unable to draw breath as my mouth will permanently frozen from laughing too much

And some stuff gets a reaction from me that is like "did he really just say that?!" because it is funny and mildly offensive to some characters at the same time.

Also when Wit is greeting the newcomers at one of the King's parties, and said something about Lord so-and-so's stupidity, then says, "oh, Lord so-and-so (can't remember the name), I didn't see you there!  I didn't mean to insult your stupidity; it is quite honorable and worthy of praise."

Be prepared for a long one. I just really needed to find and quote this.

"Brightness Marakal! What a disaster that hairstyle is; how brave of you to show that to the world. Brightlord Marakal, I wish you'd have warned us you were going to attend; I'd have forgone supper. I do hate being sick after a full meal. Brightlord Cadilar! How good to see you. Your face reminds me of someone very dear to me."

"Really?" wizened Cadilar said, hesitating.

"Yes," Wit said, waving him on, "my horse. Ah Brightlord Neteb, you smell unique today. Did you attack a wet whitespine, or did one just sneeze on you? Lady Alami! No, please, don't speak-- it's much easier to maintain my illusions regarding your intelligence that way. And Brightlord Dalinar." Wit nodded to Dalinar as he passed. "Ah, my dear Brightlord Taselin. Still engaged in your experiment to prove a maximum threshold of human idiocidy? Good for you! Very empirical of you."

. . .

"I wouldnt see you dead by their knives; I see a fine man in you."

"Yes," Wit said, scanning the platform, "he tasted quite delicious."

. . .

"Ah, Brightlord Habatab! How thoughtful of you to wear a red shirt with a sunburn like that! If you continue to make my job easy, I fear my mind shall grow as dull as Brightlord Tumul's! Oh Brightlord Tumul! How unexpected to see you standing there! I didn't mean to insult your stupidity. Really, it's quite spectacular and worthy of much praise. Lord Yonatan and Lady Meirav, I'll forgo an insult in account of your recent wedding, though I do find your hat quite impressive, Yonatan. I trust it is convenient to wear on your head something that doubles as a tent at night. Ah, and is that Lady NAVANI behind you? How long have you been back in the Plains and how did I not notice the smell?"

Dalinar froze. WHAT?

"Obviously your own stench over powered mine, Wit," a warm feminine voice said. "Has no one done my son a service and assassinated you yet?"

"No, no assassins yet," Wit said, amused. I guess I've got too much chull sass of my own"

i particularly enjoyed the bit in the chasms where Kaladin and Shallan are trading 'insults' and this exchange follows:

"That grunt meant," he said, "that at least if the waters come, it will wash away some of your stench."

"Ha! Mildly amusing, but no points to you. I already established that you're the malodorous one. Reuse of jokes is strictly forbidden on pain of getting dunked in a high storm."