• Riingar (Renegade)

Pinch Hitters

• Wyrmhero
  • The Only Joe
  • A Smart Guy
Edited by Herowannabe

Rule Clarifications:

Hoed

When an Elantrian becomes a Hoed, he is limited to 5 words/smileys in ALL his communications- including the main thread, PMs, and the Cultist Doc. Note that using bolded/underlined/italicized/etc letters and words is allowed (in other words, I don't mind if you use secret codes to communicate as a Hoed). A Cultist Hoed still has access to the cultist doc, but is unable to use the Cultist kill action.

Even Eviler Odivs

If a Cultist is made an Odiv, that player retains his role as Cultist, but his faction is now Shu-Dereth. So he still has access to the Cultist doc and can still be selected to perform the Cultist kill action, but his goal is to see Shu-Dereth succeed by turning all surviving players into converts. Note that the Cultist kill and the Odiv conversion are both night actions, so he would only be able to perform one or the other in the same night, but not both. 

Love Triangles

If it should turn out that a player ends up with more than one lover, the following ruling is in effect: If all your lovers die then you die too. As long as you have at least one lover still alive you're fine.

UPDATE: If you are in the middle of a love triangle, and your lovers are of different factions, then all 3 of you cannot win the game together unless everyone is converted to Shu-Dereth. At some point you will have to choose between your opposing lovers!

Private Preaching

The selection of the Odiv and the Shu-Koreth conversions will all happen secretly- there will be no mention of them in the write ups. However, the converts will privately be told who all of the converts are each day, so it should be obvious to those paying attention that the Odiv had been selected once the conversions start happening twice per day. 

Cultist Conflicts 

I will leave it up to the Cultists to sort out who to make the kill each night. If I get more than one kill order for the SAME person, then the first cultist to have sent me an order will be the one who actually performs it. If I get more than one kill order targeting DIFFERENT people, then no kill will take place that night.

Night Vote Manipulations

All Vote-manipulation roles only apply to the lynch vote. In the case of any vote that takes place during the night phase, such as the Elantrian Exploration vote, there are no roles that can alter the outcome of the votes.

No-Lynch Lynches

As per most games, it takes a minimum of 2 votes to lynch a player. The whole point of the Debtor is to ensure that someone dies each lynch. In the case of say, 1 player receiving 1 vote and nobody else receiving any votes, it would still count as a tie vote, and the Debtor would die.

Lovers Quarrel

If someone tries to vote for their lover (or for any invalid target, for that matter), it will count as if that player did not cast a vote.

Write ups

The following things will be revealed in the writeups:

• If someone is saved by the Jindo Warrior
  • If someone is saved by a Korathi Pendant, and what the pendant saved them from
  • Exactly how each player dies (ie: by Cultists, lovers, pirate, etc.)
  • The identity, role, faction, and items of every player that died. (Note: Names of Seons that pass on to heirs will not be revealed)

The following things will NOT be revealed in the writeups:

• The identity+role of anyone who survives the night
  • Conversions to Shu-Dereth
  • Becoming the Odiv
  • The passing of an item to another player
  • The names of Seons of dead players 

This list will be added to as needed.

Tis a gift to be simple

Giving an item as a gift does not take an action. The "giving" takes place at the end of the phase. Thus, the receiving player will have to wait until the next phase to use the item. (ie: say Raoden somehow knew that the Cultists were going to target Sarene during this night phase. He gives her the Korathi Pendant. However, she doesn't receive it until the end of the night phase, so it arrives too late to save her.)

Choosing someone to be the heir of your Seon does not count as an action either, and may be changed at any time. The change takes place immediately.

A flock without a Shepherd

If the Gyorn and the Odiv are both dead, Shu-Dereth cannot win the game. Even if all the remaining players are converts.

No need for Nightlock

If the lovers are the last two people still alive in the game, they win, even if they are from opposing factions.

Edited by Herowannabe

Diren, a scholar who is a lover of history and of the arts is happy to be invited to the King's Court. He is fascinated with the secrets of the past, and finds many of the developments of the recent years fascinating, and slightly ironic. How easily roles reverse and change! 

I'm in! I'm excited for my first Sanderson elimination. 

EDIT- Also, what happens if the Odiv is one of the Lovers? Or if the Gyorn is chosen to be one of the lovers?

Diren, a scholar who is a lover of history and of the arts is happy to be invited to the King's Court. He is fascinated with the secrets of the past, and finds many of the developments of the recent years fascinating, and slightly ironic. How easily roles reverse and change! 

I'm in! I'm excited for my first Sanderson elimination. 

EDIT- Also, what happens if the Odiv is one of the Lovers? Or if the Gyorn is chosen to be one of the lovers?

Welcome! I'm honored to have an admin sign up for my game!

In answer to your question, it's the same for either one of them. The Lovers win condition supersedes any others- they are just trying to survive to the end of the game. The only situation in which the Gyorn and/or Odiv are still alive at the end of the game is if they convert everyone and Shu-Dereth wins. So in this case, the love-struck Gyorn/Odiv would want to convert their fellow lover, then try to keep both of them alive until everyone else has been converted.

IS JOINING!

Will go with Edrab Leah for the moment.

Edrab is a famous author from another land. That is, he's famous in another land as being an author. He's yet to write any books while on Sel, as he's been suffering from a case of Writer's Block. He's been looking for inspiration, and so is hanging around to see if anything interesting happens.

Edited by Haelbarde

I'll sign up as Kae, a worldhopping (recovering) Inquisitor. But don't expect me to be super active for the first few cycles.

--

Kae entered the halls, an illusion covering his spikes. He still loomed over everyone else.

"Lord Kae!" A messenger ran through the halls, panting. "I bring a message for you."

"Yes?" Kae perked up. Had Cleo gotten news of his survival? When he had gotten (almost) killed in the battle of the worlds, she had escaped with her Shardblade. He had gotten killed, but only deposited on the Observer's Platform. He saw her tears as she fled, thinking he was dead. It had hurt so much to see her like that. "Who is it from?"

"There is no return adress." The messenger dropped the letter in his hand. It was writen in Scadrial writing. Kae looked at the messenger again.

"I know you..."

"Yes!" The messenger cackled and ran away. Hoid? Kae remembered trying to find Hoid. Nearly gotten killed, then.

Kae opened the letter.

Dear Kae,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. Cleo spoke well of you. Before she died, proclaiming innocence as they discovered the spikes in her body. You should be proud for converting one to our ways.

From, the Spiked

Kae felt like he was going to vomit. Cleo, dead? Worse. Cleo, a Spiked? She should know better than to get herself mucked up in such buisness! A tear streaked down his face.

"I..." Kae wanted to flee off the planet. Proud? PROUD? He was angry. He'd go back and he'd-

No. Kae didn't know where the Twinborn Village was. And it wouldn't be safe. I'll take it out on whoever dares mess with me here. Kae thought. Somebody has to pay.

Vindaw, an innkeeper from just outside Kae, is joining the game.  Most people think he looks vaguely familiar to them (they always think he looks like someone they know, but can't figure out who), but when asked about his origins, he always claims to be from an obscure corner of Teod. He also has an odd tattoo at the base of his neck, which is partially hidden by his shoulder-length hair.  

In reality, he's a Forger who escaped from the Rose Empire, and he soul-stamps his appearance specifically to achieve that "vaguely familiar" look so people will trust him.  He has parlayed this into his moderately-successful inn about a half-day's travel from the Royal Palace, and now he's hoping to gain a royal charter to boost his business even further.

Edited by vineyarddawg

Since I see Hero lurking, this is as good a time as any to ask my question.

Will the game PMs for each player include both GMs? Also, are there particular categories of action that each GM will handle?

Since I see Hero lurking, this is as good a time as any to ask my question.

Will the game PMs for each player include both GMs? Also, are there particular categories of action that each GM will handle?

How dare you interrupt my lurking!  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Yes, any game PMs must include at least one GM, preferably both.

Right now it looks as if Tulir will be handling the Main thread writeups, and I'll be handling the Elantris writeups. We will work together as best as we can to record all the actions and tally votes and etc. Hopefully that way we can cover each other and avoid making any mistakes.

Maisao tries to live up to his name of honor and intelligence. He is a soldier anad a scholar both.

Mailliw, Mailliw, Mailliw. You're falling apart. What happened to the days of being the first to sign up, my friend? I was quite startled to see Zas, of all people, in YOUR spot.

Edit: And thanks, Hero. I've never played a game with two GMs, so I'm dubious, to say the least.

Edited by Kipper

Mailliw, Mailliw, Mailliw. You're falling apart. What happened to the days of being the first to sign up, my friend? I was quite startled to see Zas, of all people, in YOUR spot.

Edit: And thanks, Hero. I've never played a game with two GMs, so I'm dubious, to say the least.

Haha, I'm not always first. Especially if a new game is posted while I sleep. :P

The game sounds great!  Sign me up as Dow.  An old farmer with a bad back who thinks his way is always the right way, but is always wrong.

Also I have a couple questions about the rules:

Does the Shu-Korath Priest get told if they scan Gyorn or Odiv that their target is a convert? Basically does Gyorn or Odiv count as a convert for the game's purposes?

Does Gyorn/Odiv get told that their convert failed if he/she targets the Shu-Korath Priest?

Does Gyorn also have a chance of getting a role?

If I have a poison someone using the poison vial and they have a Seon.  Does that player lose their Seon ability while sick?

If a Cult Member gets turned into a Elantrain or even Hoid can they still communicate freely in their spy doc?  If so is the Hoid still restricted to those 5 words in the spy doc.

Edited by dowanx