Cosmere City: Worldbuilding thread

Thanks Turos! ^-^

In terms of leaving the planet, my idea was that in Shadesmar (Since seas would be land in one plane of existence and vica versa on the other), a black hole in the physical realm would be a white hole in Shadesmar (ie: expelling mass instead of in-taking it). This would make escaping the planet relatively easy assuming you had an appropriate vessel to protect you.

Because members of the 17 shard had reached Roshar without the use of surgebinding (since the knights radiants hadn't returned at that point) [http://coppermind.net/wiki/Seventeenth_Shard], we can conclude that there are other ways of entering Shadesmar without surgebinding- which leaves you with a lot of options on how ships can travel too and fro, for this story at least, if you need it.

As for trade ships entering the planet, a few sparkers could easily calculate the right angle and momentum their spaceship needs to approach the void without being torn apart and reaching the planet safely.

Does that work for your plans? :3

btw, does cosmere city have a name? Does the planet have a name? :B

The planets name is Cathen.

Bad Guy Team:

CCOT (Cosmere City Offense Team)

Okay.

Thanks Turos! ^-^

In terms of leaving the planet, my idea was that in Shadesmar (Since seas would be land in one plane of existence and vica versa on the other), a black hole in the physical realm would be a white hole in Shadesmar (ie: expelling mass instead of in-taking it). This would make escaping the planet relatively easy assuming you had an appropriate vessel to protect you.

Because members of the 17 shard had reached Roshar without the use of surgebinding (since the knights radiants hadn't returned at that point) [http://coppermind.net/wiki/Seventeenth_Shard], we can conclude that there are other ways of entering Shadesmar without surgebinding- which leaves you with a lot of options on how ships can travel too and fro, for this story at least, if you need it.

As for trade ships entering the planet, a few sparkers could easily calculate the right angle and momentum their spaceship needs to approach the void without being torn apart and reaching the planet safely.

Does that work for your plans? :3

I like that. Upvote.

Oooohoohoohoo! *shivers*

I like the dark, yet breath-taking scene you have created. Nicely done, Unodus. Its reminds me of playing Jak and Daxter, all colorful and mischeivous, and then playing the sequel video game: Jak II, a darker shadow with sad hints of good memories lost forever. Now I just need a dark eco peacemaker and some metalheads to waste. ;)

I have one concern. The time-dilation and super nova would put a damper on inter-world travel, at least by ships, right? Would this mean nobody can leave the planet now? I suppose none of us are probably planning to leave. As far as arriving, one of my characters arrive by merchant space ship from Scadrial. Maybe there's a way to jump through a narrow section of space without danger.

I still love this idea, though.

As far as the plot goes, my characters are waiting to hear the big plan from Charden.

Great. I can post something.

Yes. Her aluminum feruchemy and gold allomancy got spiked into her by the other spiked, but she figured out the rest. (her Allomantic copper and Feruchemical iron were natural.) Thinking about bringing in Kae (he's a reformed Inquisitor and Jeskeri Cultist)

Okay. Ven needs to escape to distract the CCDT. Cleo, could you rescue him. Maybe, along the way, Ven could give you a hint where Arcus is. (Remember, he's stealing the beads to prevent Arcus from getting them.)

As for why you're rescuing him? I don't know.

If he hasn't escaped in 24 hours, I'll create a new character and free him. (I've been thinking I might create a new character for a while, now, as it gives me oppurtunity to be a bit more... useful).

I hope nobody minds, but I'm going to make a new character, too. A Dustbringer Knight Radiant named Rend. I'm not aware of any canon examples of the surge of Division, but I'll assume it can make complex molecules divide into basic elements. Add the surge of Abrasion and things can heat up ;) ;) BOOM!

Right. I'd better write about this new character of mine.

His name is Lorn. He is a Seeker (which could create some interesting conflict with Cleo), and is highly skilled with weapons. He's not evil, but he has a strong distrust of police, due to an event in his past, where Inquisitors back on Scadrial killed both his parents. His father was skaa (I decided to swap it around from the norm), and he had fled to CC to escape. He grew up an orphan there.

He can be somewhat grouchy most of the time, and has a few anger management issues.

The Bard occasionally hires him for odds and ends, but neither of them trusts the other.

Edited by TheYoungBard

I thought I should mention here: Rend (played by Turos) and Lorn (played by me) are pairing up, as agreed by PM.

Not exactly how to do that, seeing as the two appear to be heading down the war path, but I'll work that out as I go along.

EDIT (didn't want to double post): I think we should set a date for the pottery exhibit, as most people will want to be there for it. I'll leave that up to Venture and Mist to decide.

Edited by TheYoungBard