Discussion Topic

Silus - Shard of Flame

@Eerongal Looks like you've got some time to kill before Ambro and JL get to the Crook, did you have anything in particular for him to do or should I give you something?  I can have you work on the lead-in to what I have in mind for getting the group together.  (Hint: it involves the mob.  Fun times.)

Nothin' in particular. I dont mind helping to get the ball rolling for the lead-in. Just hit me up with what you'd like to happen and when and we'll be good.

@cuaiir I've posted something for you to start with in the Story Topic.  There's a monster attacking the village, but don't go describing it just yet.  I'll do that myself, I hope you like it.  Go ahead and get started, describe the village and things, just not the monster.

@Eerongal Let's have you get in a fight with some mob thugs and go from there, yeah?  I'll start you off.

EDIT: Alright, got you something.  Check it out.

I kind-of have an idea for that.

In the backstory, Ambro gets an item from the bandit which is like a taser;  Ambro was planning on selling it in Bridgetown, but believed that farmers wouldn't have use for it and therefore not buy it.  Since Crook is a artifact black market, perhaps Ambro gos there to sell it?

• 2 weeks later...

Coolio. Here's the first one. More to come as they pop into my head.

Scribbler (name up for change)

Source: my imagination, inspired by art classes and Shallan in The Way of Kings. Name, of course, jacked from the Man himself, B.S.

Description: Has an array of different pencils, all black but varying in graphite hardness. Harder graphite makes sharper, lighter lines; softer graphite makes blurry, dark lines. Also possesses a sketchbook which is as long as his off-side forearm (for right-handed folks, it

One of the things about this world is that the currency doesn't make a whole lot of sense, not really being consistent from place to place.  Different kinds of money have melded into each other's systems and migrated.  A general area around a town will tend to use the same currency, though.  Bridge Town and the Crook have similar currencies since they're so close together and the towns between and around them use it too.  A gold fiver would be the equivalent of about twenty bucks in our world.  A silver fiver is half that and a copper half of that.  A fiver is five dollars (duh), which is a mismatching of terms over time since I'm pretty sure a fiver is something different in other countries.  Culture has gone kind of crazy here. XP

cuaiir has finished the first battle of the RP!  Congratulations on taking down a tigerplane transformer!

This took a lot longer than I expected, but here it is. Ladies and Gents, may I present to you, the Cartoonist.

Name: Up for debate. Seriously, open to suggestions on this one. Going with Cartoonist, but that seems a bit awkward

Source: my imagination. Inspired by Pok

Perhaps Iriscriptor.  It means something like rainbow writer.

Question though, could a Scribbler and a Cartoonist draw on the same sketchpad?

I'm going to go with yes and no. Like most Form weaponry, the sketchbook is something that comes with the Form. So different Spheremorphs will have different sketchpads. BUT, if a Spheremorph has both a Scribbler and a Cartoonist Formsphere, they would use the same sketchbook. However, while in the Cartoonist Form they can't use the Scribbler's reality-altering abilities, and while in Scribbler they can't summon Cartoonist creatures.

Iriscriptor-it's a pretty name, but i'm not sure the writing component fits with the abilities. And now you sparked another Form. Heh, this could be interesting...

Another idea i had was something like Gold Chemist, but for others. I think it could be an evolution of both Chemist and White Mage so it would look something like this:

White Mage -> Form X

Chemist (Gold) -> Form X

I think this is a bit of a gimp to the White Mage portion unless it also works for the Spheremorph as well. so you could store anyone's health in gold, and use it as needed on whomever. contact would be a must....

Really the only reason I put this on here before it's fully fleshed out is so Silus can tell me whether or not it's legit.