Discussion Topic

Silus - Shard of Flame

No one is quite sure why the world ended, but it did.  And now a new one has been born.  Built upon the remnants of the Lost Age, a new civilization has gotten a foothold to write a new history.  Eleven city-states compete for power while small villages struggle for survival in a harsh world, but the ones who will truly shape the world in this Current Age are the Spheremorphs.

Their power is derived from the Formspheres and Morphing Grids, relics from an age gone by, that give their users a variety of abilities.  Abilities that are needed in this vicious world, who's many wilds and ruins are plagued by the presence of abominable monsters.

The cities, from the grandest of the city-states to the lowliest wandering town, rely on them to keep their citizens safe from attack.  But for every Spheremorph Defender, there are two Freelances, those who seek to increase their power by finding new spheres and killing monsters for the valuable materials needed to improve those they already have.  It is an often romanticized lifestyle, but it is not for the faint of heart.

Survival is the name of the game, but some seek to upset the order of things.  In the square of each of the city-states a sign has gone up:

A CONTEST OF EPIC PROPORTIONS

WHO WOULD CALL HIMSELF THE MOST POWERFUL?  PROVE YOUR SKILL AND FIGHT TO WIN A PRIZE FIT FOR THE MIGHTIEST KING.  ONLY THE GREATEST WILL EARN WHAT IS GIVEN.

"A tournament?  For Spheremorphs?  Ridiculous!  They're too valuable to risk on such foolishness!"  Or so the common wisdom was, but this...this was the grandest of opportunities.  What prize could it be?  Fit for a king?  But there are no kings!  Not yet.

Visions of glory dance through the minds of many men, but for some this is much more.  For some this is life.  Only time will tell what is to happen.  One Sphere may be all it takes to win, but there's no telling what could happen.

Nexus - A 17th Shard RPG

Welcome to Nexus!  If you're reading this it means you probably have some interest in joining this RP (or you're just getting rid of that blasted yellow icon :P ), so thanks!

Nexus is, at its core, an adventure RP, but it is also part crossover through the magic system and monsters.  We'll get to that in a bit.

The world of Nexus is mostly wilderness of varying sorts, crawling with all sorts of monsters.  You take the role of a Spheremorph, one of a group of powerful magic users, to take them on, whether as a Defender or Freelancer.  But there is room for all sorts of fantastic adventures to take place.  What you do is up to you!

Please take the time to read the first posts of the Story Topic so you know what's going on.  If you have questions, feel free to PM me or ask about it here in the discussion topic.  Also be sure to check the Data Topic for various sorts of character created information.

This is the Discussion Topic, where Out of Character stuff happens, like plotting, character applications, questions and announcements.  So if you have something to say, please ask it here rather than in the Story Topic.  Thanks!

We've got an awesome banner made by our very own Emeralis, so that you can display your membership for everyone to see!

bannernexus.png

[url="http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/286-nexus-a-17th-shard-rp-story-topic/"][img=http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1737/bannernexus.png][/url]

Edited by Silus - Shard of Flame

So at first i wasnt planning on applying myself and dedicating time, but this sounds interesting, so i'm game.

I'll fill out the application when i get to work, but quick question before i do:

We can create new base forms, yes? I want to think up a paladin-style base form (i.e. a martial/healing/protecting gish thing)

So at first i wasnt planning on applying myself and dedicating time, but this sounds interesting, so i'm game.

I'll fill out the application when i get to work, but quick question before i do:

We can create new base forms, yes? I want to think up a paladin-style base form (i.e. a martial/healing/protecting gish thing)

That depends on what you mean by base form.  Do you mean a Basic Form?  Then yes.  But if you're referring to your character's Baseline, then no.  You can have your Baseline emulate your Paladin Form (similar patterns and color scheme, etc.) and eventually you can make it your Baseline by finding the right item, which will take some time, but to start off, no.

That depends on what you mean by base form.  Do you mean a Basic Form?  Then yes.  But if you're referring to your character's Baseline, then no.  You can have your Baseline emulate your Paladin Form (similar patterns and color scheme, etc.) and eventually you can make it your Baseline by finding the right item, which will take some time, but to start off, no.

I'm talking like the list of things you have as "Forms" and there are some marked as "base forms" (i.e. the warrior, or misting, or chemist ones)

Unless i missed my guess, the "Baseline" is just when you're walking around and not using powers/fighting, right? It's your "everday human" form, and you don't choose one of those listed for it, right?

Actually, what DO you choose for a baseline, come to think of it?  Anything? Or is it just "everyone has a baseline that looks like your description, and is just a normal dude"

I'm talking like the list of things you have as "Forms" and there are some marked as "base forms" (i.e. the warrior, or misting, or chemist ones)

Unless i missed my guess, the "Baseline" is just when you're walking around and not using powers/fighting, right? It's your "everday human" form, and you don't choose one of those listed for it, right?

Actually, what DO you choose for a baseline, come to think of it?  Anything? Or is it just "everyone has a baseline that looks like your description, and is just a normal dude"

Yeah, pretty much.

The "Basic Form" label just means that it's a Form that hasn't evolved at all.  You could have your Paladin be a speciation of the Warrior Form if you want it to be.

Yeah, pretty much.

The "Basic Form" label just means that it's a Form that hasn't evolved at all.  You could have your Paladin be a speciation of the Warrior Form if you want it to be.

Gotcha. In so far as the "Base form"/"Evolved form" thing goes, does everyone start with just a base and gain an evolved form later? i didn't see anything about how we're starting it out.

Username: Emeralis00

Character Name: Ambrosius (Ambro for short)

Hometown: Calm Beach (now nonexistant)

Marital Status: Single

Appearance: Pale skin, half-black/half-red hair, green eyes with red rims, 6' 5", 155 lb., patches of scaly red skin.  Wears countless bands of leather made from scraps, the spheremount  is attached to a particularly wide band on the left arm.

Personality: quiet, cynical, random bouts of depression, paranoid, often imposes challenges on himself.

History: Descended from a family who believes that they caused the destruction of the last age when thier ancestors dropped the ball.  It is unknown what ball they are refering too.  Ambro's family lefted him asleep at Calm Beach and left.  This resulted in his current personality.

Forms: Atium Misting, Bladesinger, smokebraider

Form Name: Atium Misting

Form Description:Allows the user to see the immediate future and process the information for a dramatic increase in their battle effectiveness.

Form Speciation:Basic form

Form Name: Bladesinger

Form Description: wears silk for armor (only reduces damage), wields a set of long-knifes that have different tones. Each tone creates a different form of damage. (limit 3 tones)

Form Speciation: Basic form

Form Name: Smoke Braider

Form Description: a single candle that creates smoke with uncontrolled hallucinogenic qualities.  Only effects biological creatures.  User is immune.

Form Speciation: Basic Form

Roleplay Sample: The Droid's utility laser sliced a frown in Ambro's Silk armor, leaving the smell of charred flesh and silk.  Face held in composure, Ambro drew the First Tone AcidI must strike the Droid with my hand before striking with the knife *clang* "Left Hand challenge complete...as if it meant something." *SHEERRRinnggg* First Tone left its mark upon the droid's exterior power supply.  The droid let loose a cloud of static as if it was aware of its own mortality...and died.

Ambrosius looked up to find the square deserted.  " Don't you just feel the Family Loyalty.  This town is dead, Storming family..."  With a nod to himself, Ambro picked up the pack of food and his Spheremount that were now his only possessions.  "Perhaps they forgot...not likely."  There was a chuckle, a sigh, then fading footsteps.

NOTICE:  Some changes have been made to the Application form, so those looking to apply, please take note of that.  The biggest changes are the inclusion of a Morphing Grid and clarification of what sort of Forms you can have to start.  Also added are posts for Morphing Grids and Power Items and the Kandra and Inquisitor Forms, so check those out.

Emeralis, I like the profile, just add a Grid and maybe revise your Forms if you want, but what you have is good.  Note that "lefted" is not a word, something that popped up in your characters background, the word there would actually be "left".  I'm hoping to have a high standard grammatically for this RP, and the application is the beginning of that.  Also, if you could make your RP Sample longer so I can get some more insight into how the character plays, that would be great.  I really like the Forms you have, very creative.

EDIT: Also, PM me what you mean by his ancestors dropping the ball so I can see if it fits in with the backstory I already have.

New version.

Username: Emeralis00

Character Name: Ambrosius (Ambro for short)

Hometown: Calm Beach (now nonexistant)

Marital Status: Single

Appearance: Pale skin, half-black/half-red hair, green eyes with red rims, 6' 5", 155 lb., patches of scaly red skin. Thin.  Wears countless bands of leather made from scraps, the spheremount  is attached to a particularly wide band on the left arm.

Personality: quiet, cynical, random bouts of depression, paranoid, often imposes challenges on himself.  Familial grudge against Frozen Foothills.  Doesn't believe in authority.

History: Descended from a family who believes that they caused the destruction of the last age when their ancestors dropped the ball.  It is unknown what ball they are refering too.  The Great-great-grandfather of Ambrosius once stole a spheremount from the city of Frozen Foothills, and as a result the other spheremorphs cursed the entire family with patches of scaly skin.  However, every generation, one family member is born without the curse.  This member was entrusted with the spheremount, and the continuity of the family name. 

Ambrosius was born a twin.  Both Ambrosius and his twin were unmarked, so it was decided that Ambrosius, as he was born first, would inherit the Spheremount.  Yet, as they got older, Ambrosius started to develop the cursed scaly skin.  Seeing this, the family took the Spheremount from Ambrosius and gave it to the younger twin.  But Ambro would not give it up so easily.  During the night, Ambro sneaked into his brother's room and killed his brother.  nevertheless, The incident did not go unnoticed.  Ambro's family stormed into the room, and Ambrosius barely escaped by jumping into the ocean, but in escaping he lost the last formsphere in the set, the Seraph.  Believing Ambrosius to be dead, the family left Calm Beach.

Initial Grid: It is named the Serpent Grid.  It can hold four spheres in four sphere sockets; each sphere socket is in a staggered line, with connections between each socket's neighbor.  The baseline can transition to any sphere and back in fifteen seconds, but any transition between forms can only be done on connections and with twenty seconds.  The first and last socket have no connection.

example

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8445/morphinggrid.jpg

Forms: Atium Misting, Bladesinger, smoke Twist

Form Name: Atium Misting

Form Description:Allows the user to see the immediate future and process the information for a dramatic increase in their battle effectiveness.

Form Speciation:Basic form

Form Name:  Melodic Bladesinger

Form Description: wears silk for armor (only reduces damage), wields a set of long-knifes that have different tones. Each tone creates a different form of damage.  Can duel wield and throw Tones.  Each tone returns to the thrower. (limit 6 Tones)

Form Speciation: Bladesinger-> Melodic Bladesinger

Form Name: Smoke Twist

Form Description: Equipment of two candles. One candle creates smoke with uncontrolled hallucinogenic qualities.  The other causes soporific effects. Only effects biological creatures.  User is immune. (evolved from basic form Smoke Braider)

Form Speciation: Smoke Braider -> Smoke Twist

Roleplay Sample:

The Droid's utility laser sliced a frown in Ambro's Silk armor, leaving the smell of charred flesh and silk.  Face held in composure, Ambro drew the First Tone Acid.

I must strike the Droid with my hand before striking with the knife.

*clang*

"Left Hand challenge complete...as if it meant something."

*SHEERRRinnggg*

First Tone left its mark upon the droid's exterior power supply.  The droid let loose a cloud of static as if it was aware of its own mortality...and died.

Ambrosius looked up to find the square deserted.  "Don't you just feel the Family Loyalty.  This town is dead, Storming family..."  With a nod to himself, Ambro picked up the pack of food and his Spheremount that were now his only possessions.  "Perhaps they forgot...not likely."  There was a chuckle, a sigh, then fading footsteps.

Walking along the dirt path to bridge town, Ambrosius spied several figures approaching from his right.

Humanoid at least.  most-likely bandits, hopefully not meta-human but can't be sure.  Ambro began transitioning to Atium Misting.  The charge of energy ran throughout his body, but most especially around his eyes, building in strength until...blink. It was done. The atium-shadows were there even as the rather large group of humans surrounded him.

Not meta-humans at least, but suspicious.

"Ahh, he's got nuthin' on 'im."

"You got sum' disees or sumfing' orar you even human?"

Bandits.  Easily dealt with.

"Hey, you weesa talkin to ya, gimme that shiny disk you got'der and we no kill you."  The apparent leader spoke up over the babble of the bandits.  Ambro smiled, but not of humor or anticipation.

Don't cause direct wounding until the last bandit.

Ambro jumped to the left, narrowly missing the swung club as it slammed into his recently vacated location.  The bandits drew their weapons, many clubs and one or two rusty daggers, with the leader pulling out a small black sparking shape.

Ambro frowned, thinking.

What is that?

He sidestepped pushing a bandit into the knife of another.  A couple broken heads, some chopped off hands, and three more stabbings later (all through friendly fire) and the bandits began to hesitate, several turned and ran.  The leader, who was hanging back the entire time, grabbed one and hit the mook with the object.  The pitiful bandit screamed and dropped, twitching, to the ground.  However, even this fearful punishment wasn't enough to keep the remaining bandits here.  The battered bandits fled, leaving their supposed leader behind.

"Cowards...dogs!  Git back heer!" shouted the red-faced leader.

Ambro felt cold as the charge left him, taking the form of silk armor.  The Second Tone sonic, in hand.  Ambro walked up to the last foe.  Turning, the leader saw only a keening knife plunge into his chest.  Wiping off the blood, Ambrosius picked up the Tech.

Perhaps I can sell it, or use it.

Ambrosius gazed in the direction of Bridgetown.

Not much use for farmers though.

With a shrug, and barely a glance at the bodies, Ambro continued.

Emeralis, it looks good.  I like the Grid (the illustration helps, points for that), and your Forms are really creative.  A couple of notes on your RP sample.  It's very blocky, with things running into each other.  The typical form is to have quotations, thoughts and sounds have their own lines.  So your RP sample would look like this:

The Droid's utility laser sliced a frown in Ambro's Silk armor, leaving the smell of charred flesh and silk.  Face held in composure, Ambro drew the First Tone Acid.

I must strike the Droid with my hand before striking with the knife.

*clang*

"Left Hand challenge complete...as if it meant something."

*SHEERRRinnggg*

First Tone left its mark upon the droid's exterior power supply.  The droid let loose a cloud of static as if it was aware of its own mortality...and died.

Ambrosius looked up to find the square deserted.  "Don't you just feel the Family Loyalty.  This town is dead, Storming family..."  With a nod to himself, Ambro picked up the pack of food and his Spheremount that were now his only possessions.  "Perhaps they forgot...not likely."  There was a chuckle, a sigh, then fading footsteps.

Walking along the dirt path to bridge town, Ambrosius spied several figures approaching from his right.

Humanoid at least.  most-likely bandits, hopefully not meta-human but can't be sure.  Ambro began transitioning to Atium Misting.  The charge of energy ran throughout his body, but most especially around his eyes, building in strength until...blink. It was done. The atium-shadows were there even as the rather large group of humans surrounded him.

Not meta-humans at least, but suspicious.

"Ahh, he's got nuthin' on 'im."

"You got sum' disees or sumfing' orar you even human?"

Bandits.  Easily dealt with.

"Hey, you weesa talkin to ya, gimme that shiny disk you got'der and we no kill you."  The apparent leader spoke up over the babble of the bandits.  Ambro smiled, but not of humor or anticipation.

Don't cause direct wounding until the last bandit.

Ambro jumped to the left, narrowly missing the swung club as it slammed into his recently vacated location.  The bandits drew their weapons, many clubs and one or two rusty daggers, with the leader pulling out a small black sparking shape.

Ambro frowned, thinking.

What is that?

He sidestepped pushing a bandit into the knife of another.  A couple broken heads, some chopped off hands, and three more stabbings later (all through friendly fire) and the bandits began to hesitate, several turned and ran.  The leader, who was hanging back the entire time, grabbed one and hit the mook with the object.  The pitiful bandit screamed and dropped, twitching, to the ground.  However, even this fearful punishment wasn't enough to keep the remaining bandits here.  The battered bandits fled, leaving their supposed leader behind.

"Cowards...dogs!  Git back heer!" shouted the red-faced leader.

Ambro felt cold as the charge left him, taking the form of silk armor.  The Second Tone sonic, in hand.  Ambro walked up to the last foe.  Turning, the leader saw only a keening knife plunge into his chest.  Wiping off the blood, Ambrosius picked up the Tech.

Perhaps I can sell it, or use it.

Ambrosius gazed in the direction of Bridgetown.

Not much use for farmers though.

With a shrug, and barely a glance at the bodies, Ambro continued.

This makes it easier to keep track of what's going on.  I'm going to say approved, but just keep that in mind.

We have our first player!  We'll wait for a couple more before we get things started, though.  In the meantime I'll add your contributions to the proper posts in the Story Topic.  Congratulations!

Sorry, i meant to get this done yesterday, but that didn't happen. Let me know if i need to do anything else or elaborate anything!

Username: Eerongal

Character Name: Eerongal (Goin' for simplicity here, yo)

Hometown: A small village just outside of Suspension Point

Marital Status: Widower

Appearance: A tall, sturdy man with silver-grey hair pulled back into a pony tail. Wearing brown trousers, heavy boots, and a simple brown shirt underneath his bright whit breastplate. White, thick pauldrons attach his white cape adorned with a red lion. Also wearing white rebrace and heavy gauntlets. A sturdy kite shield is attached to his back, and a heavy warhammer swaying at his side. His spheremount is displayed prominently in the center of his breast plate.

Personality: A relatively quiet, solemn man who prefers deep planning to quick thought. Feels the need to protect those who cannot protect themselves, and as a general rule is suspicious of those in command. Avoids any particular affiliation with any city or settlement.

History: In his youth, lived and worked on his father's farm. Married at a young age, in his early 20's he lost his wife to bandits raids. In light of this, he led the small village in a revolt against the badits that left it shattered. Afterwards, he joined the military of lake city, where he first obtained his spheres and showing the promise of a great commander, rose quickly in rank. That is until one faithful day when he lost all those under his command due to a traitor among his superiors. Since then he has quit the military and vowed never to lead again, and instead wanders out to help the weak and downtrodden to attone for his failures.

Initial Grid: The Glorious Sunburst - Despite being a large grid, capable of accomodating a large number of spheres, 8 in all, it suffers from some drawbacks. In addition to taking a full 25 seconds to swap spheres, it also requires you to switch to your baseline form between each form, meaning it takes a full 50 seconds to switch between combat forms. Example

Forms: Champion, White Mage, Tactician

----------------------------------------

Form Name: Paladin

Form Description: The paladin appears like a valiant knight clad in steel, and seems to give off a faint light when viewed from the right angle. The paladin is an adequate front-line healer. Their greatest ability, perhaps, is the ability to go toe-to-toe with all but the best of melee, and at the same time, being able to use a touch of healing ability. The touch of healing allows a paladin to heal wounds on the touched individual, however, takes a toll on the paladin himself. When a paladin uses this, he immediately takes a wound similar to the ones healed, but about half in severity. As such, healing a truly mortal wound with this ability will cause the paladin to require several weeks of bed rest and plenty to eat. The paladin uses a overly large, heavy set war hammer as his weapon.

Form Speciation: Base Form

Form Name: Champion

Form Description: The champion appears similar to the paladin, but wears ornate armor of a burnished gold, and appears in general more regal. Champions improve upon the Paladin's abilities. Their Martial prowess receives a substantial increase, leading them to be a powerful opponent in one on one combat. In addition, their touch of healing becomes a try lay on hands, and doesn't require a sacrifice of health by the user. The champion is also very adept at protecting allies, allowing them to be able to spare their friends anguish by allowing the immediate transferal of wounds from any friends nearby (within 10 feet) to the champion. This can only be done at the moment the wound is received, and not afterwards. The Champion uses a overly large, heavy set war hammer as his weapon.

Form Speciation: Paladin -> Champion -> Knight Hospitaller

Form Name: Warrior

Form Description: The Warrior wears heavy leather clothing and light armor, carries a large sword and gives boosts to strength and stamina.  Uses a variety of elemental and status inflicting sword abilities geared towards beating an enemy down and keeping him there.

Form Speciation: Base Form

Form Name: Tactician

Form Description: Unlike the warrior, the tactician uses a more modestly sized sword, representing his role as more of a guiding hand than one who charges to the front line. The tactician is one who others on the battlefield look to for guidance. A tactician is able to notice weaknesses in his enemy and strike decisively to shut down a fight as soon as possible. In addition to the ability of a warrior, the tactician provides a circumstantial bonus to the fighting ability of allies who can see and hear him, as well as boosting their strength and stamina. The tactician always seems to have a considering look on his face, and appears dressed in the garb of one who has attained at least more military rank than your average grunt.

Form Speciation: Warrior -> Tactician -> Leader

Form Name: White Mage

Form Description:White Mages wear white, hooded robes trimmed with red, carry a short staff and receive boosted magical power and resistance.  They are THE person to go to when in pain.  Their variety of magics are constructed for keeping you in fighting shape by healing wounds, curing statuses like poisoning and blindness and reviving you from unconsciousness.  Note that this form CANNOT bring back the dead.

Form Speciation: Base form

Roleplay Sample: Thudding down heavily into his seat, Eerongal orders a stiff drink from the server with a sigh. Halfway through considering to himself about what to do next, sounds from the back of the bar catch his attention. Turning to the noise, he notices the patrons of the establisment shying away and purposely averting their gaze as two young toughs are impressing their will upon a young man.

Climbing to his feet, he makes his way towards the back of the bar all the while catching the worried gaze of the regulars. A few get to their feet and start working their way to the door. Stopping a few feet shy of the scuffle, Eerongal states in a bold voice, "Excuse me, but I would prefer that you stop that."

"Whot di' yew say, pops?" Said the tough on the right, turning with an angry look in his eye.

Pulling his cape away to reveal the heavy set hammer at his waist, he replies, "I said, i would like you leave this poor young man alone."

Eyeing the Ornately carved hammer, and catching sight of the sphere grid inlaid in the armor on his chest, the bulky man steps back and motions to his companion. Gazing at each other warily, the two youths step back and make hasty excuses before heading towards the exit.

It looks pretty darn good, Eero.  Few things though.  You didn't describe the appearance or weapon of the Champion and Tactician Forms.  Is his Baseline appearance the same as his Champion appearance, including the hammer?  Which military did he serve in and when did he obtain his Spheremount?

Emeralis, I missed it earlier, but you also forgot to say when Ambro got his Spheremount as well.

I'm adding a couple of things into the Personality section, check those out in the Story Topic.

It looks pretty darn good, Eero.  Few things though.  You didn't describe the appearance or weapon of the Champion and Tactician Forms.  Is his Baseline appearance the same as his Champion appearance, including the hammer?  Which military did he serve in and when did he obtain his Spheremount?

Emeralis, I missed it earlier, but you also forgot to say when Ambro got his Spheremount as well.

I'm adding a couple of things into the Personality section, check those out in the Story Topic.

All right, how's that look?

Looks good, Eero.  Approved.  Same for Ambro.

Atium isn't naturally occurring in this world, which is one of the Atium Misting's drawbacks to balance it against some of the other Misting types.  You only get what the Form produces naturally. While that may be a pretty large dose of Atium, it's not enough for extended combat.

EDIT: We have a lot of different types of stuff that gets put into lists at the beginning of the Story Topic.  And we'll be adding another once we get some summoning Forms.  I've been considering creating a Data Topic for these.  What do you think?  Yea or nay to a Data Topic?

EDIT: We have a lot of different types of stuff that gets put into lists at the beginning of the Story Topic.  And we'll be adding another once we get some summoning Forms.  I've been considering creating a Data Topic for these.  What do you think?  Yea or nay to a Data Topic?

sounds good to me, we should just be sure to link each topic together so that we can at least find them easily (obviously not a problem now, but in the future may be)

I have to admit I would be interested in trying this out but alas I have no RPG experience ever.... So yeah i'm quite lost and probably would need alot of help to get started.

It's not terribly tough, and i'm sure everyone here wouldn't mind working with you.

Essentially it's (obviously) play-by-post, so you kinda script what you're doing and post it up, and there's a GM sort of person who keeps things flowing/monitors it, and essentially, in this particular type it appears to be, there's no real hard and fast rules about what you do, and how to battle and such. Essentially as long as you dont pretend to be a god and always get what you want and "Win", you'll be ok. Conceed to defeat on occasion, react realistically, and just generally be courteous and you should be fine.

Well, this is the first time I've ever hosted one, mycoltbug, so we're both on new ground.

The real bones of it is that one person (in this case, me) constructs the game world and functions to keep it running.  The rest of you create the cast of main characters.  These elements come together to make a story.  Just look over the Story Topic and I doubt you'll have much trouble.  Feel free to ask questions.

So we've got one vote for the Data Topic, what you, Emeralis?

To Mycoltbug: I have played physical RPGs but not play-by-post so I guess it will be a learning experience for all of us.

To Flamry: I also believe it to be a good Idea, though I would suggest leaving the map and towns on the story topic, so that we don't need to keep switching between tabs to see where we are going.

Minor Note:  Except for weekends, I will only have access to a computer between 3:30-4:00, and 8:30-11:00.

Emeralis, that's fine.  Unless we have enough people on at once, this'll generally be a post-a-day sort of RP.  Slow, yes, but much faster paced than the Inquisition. :P

The Data Topic is up!  Information from the Story Topic has been moved there.

Also check out the brand new Summoner Formsphere.  Summons will be the third crossover aspect of Nexus after Forms and monsters.  I'm surprised we haven't got crossover Forms right off the bat.  That's fine, but the crossover elements of the story are important to the overall setting, so don't overlook them. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been thinking somewhat, Eero, and I'm thinking that the Paladin form should be an evolution of the Warrior.  Is that okay with you?

Hrm.....well, to me, the whole "elemental/status" sword powers (or channeling through your sword in general) didn't really fit with my idea of the paladin, and, to me at least, it seems weird to have an evolution lose the abilities of the base, so that was why i kept it separate and made it its own thing. That being said, if you want it to be changed thus, i can live with it.

The idea for the Warrior is that it's a basic melee combatant with a few melee based abilities thrown in to slightly refine its tactics.  It's supposed to be a base for the other melee fighters.  Also, the Paladin seems a little strong for a Basic Form.

I'm just letting you know because this would drop you from a Champion to a Paladin because the of the evolution limit.

Also, as a general thing, I'm considering raising the maximum evolution limit from a fourth level (three evolutions as stated in the Story Topic) to a fifth so that starting with one completely maxed out Form a viable option.  The drawback to this would be that you only start with one Form, and any special evolution items you get would be unusable on that Form.  It seems like a fair enough trade.

I'll update the necessary posts when I next get on, but this is the topic for announcements, so there you go.

The idea for the Warrior is that it's a basic melee combatant with a few melee based abilities thrown in to slightly refine its tactics.  It's supposed to be a base for the other melee fighters.  Also, the Paladin seems a little strong for a Basic Form.

I'm just letting you know because this would drop you from a Champion to a Paladin because the of the evolution limit.

Also, as a general thing, I'm considering raising the maximum evolution limit from a fourth level (three evolutions as stated in the Story Topic) to a fifth so that starting with one completely maxed out Form a viable option.  The drawback to this would be that you only start with one Form, and any special evolution items you get would be unusable on that Form.  It seems like a fair enough trade.

I'll update the necessary posts when I next get on, but this is the topic for announcements, so there you go.

Well, we could certainly hit the paladin with a nerf-bat, if you'd like. The idea of "dropping" the base form abilities on an evolution honestly don't appeal to me in the slightest, because to me that doesn't make sense, but at the same time, the warrior's base abilities don't jive with what i saw the paladin being, so i made it its own thing. Which part of the paladin do you think is unbalanced? They have a mediocre healing ability (damages the paladin) and the ability to melee, and that's about the extent of their abilities at base.

Also, in regards to the other bit, i have no problem with that. I honestly thought it was kinda weird that we started with more than what was considered the base maximum (and in fact, i was going to make a character who used only a single one and maxed at, but then i noticed that i would essentially be short-shifting myself, so i changed that plan)