Is Collaborate correct in saying that he has no limit on his power, or is he simply not aware of it yet?

I never put one on him, there's obviously the practical limit of the number of people alive to follow him but no there's no limit built into his power. Luckily he's about to die so we don't need to worry about an Epic with the strength of 10,000 people.

Nah, I was just wondering if she had a flamboyant cape or something else that I should bring up in my post. :P

In other news, today I learned that Neil Patrick Harris guest-starred in a Batman cartoon... and now I have an idea for an Epic. :mellow:

I actually saw that episode with my younger brother a year or two ago. It was awesome! We really do need that. Voidus, I wouldn't be surprised if you already had an Epic like this. :P

Ah yes. Of course. :P

So what else needs to happen before Portland skips to tomorrow? I need to get through the Dominion/MEE fight and start the MoNA attack. Is that pretty much it?

Finishing up the attack in TT did it for me. All I have left is Altermind sending Flashpoint to the arms dealer. So if any of you have any more ideas for that, let me know soon.

Finishing up the attack in TT did it for me. All I have left is Altermind sending Flashpoint to the arms dealer. So if any of you have any more ideas for that, let me know soon.

The only "idea" I have is an image of Flashpoint waltzing into the arms dealer's lair (headquarters? hideout?) with Fall Out Boy's "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" playing in the background. And I think that's chiefly because the first line of that song is "I am an arms dealer." 

So, yeah. Not helpful. :mellow: 

I actually saw that episode with my younger brother a year or two ago. It was awesome! We really do need that. Voidus, I wouldn't be surprised if you already had an Epic like this. :P

Would it surprise anyone to hear I have several? :P

Jiggilicious was actually one of the first Epics I made outside of actual characters, she can make people sing and dance.

The only "idea" I have is an image of Flashpoint waltzing into the arms dealer's lair (headquarters? hideout?) with Fall Out Boy's "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" playing in the background. And I think that's chiefly because the first line of that song is "I am an arms dealer." 

So, yeah. Not helpful. :mellow:

Haha, well, if Glamour were there, then this could be real. But Flashpoint doesn't make a habit of listening to music while on important business. He's too busy making sure he doesn't get ambushed and killed.  

Would it surprise anyone to hear I have several? :P

Jiggilicious was actually one of the first Epics I made outside of actual characters, she can make people sing and dance.

Not really. :P

Oh, I do remember her on the list of unclaimed Epics.

Haha, well, if Glamour were there, then this could be real. But Flashpoint doesn't make a habit of listening to music while on important business. He's too busy making sure he doesn't get ambushed and killed.  

Not really. :P

Oh, I do remember her on the list of unclaimed Epics.

Synesthesia is still around...  :ph34r:  :P

and now Internet is an Epic in my mind.

That would be an interesting Epic actually....

Name: Internet/Interweb/Webnet

Primary Power: Can establish connections with anyone he/she has not had physical contact with. Some personal item from the target is necessary to establish the connection- a photo, a piece of clothing, a lock of hair, etc. The connection can also be formed through someone Internet is already connected with- the first connector just needs to focus on someone they know personally and Internet can form a connection with the second person. Physical contact with Internet severs the connection, and once severed it cannot be remade.

Internet can communicate telepathically with anyone they are connected with, and can upload and download large amounts of information from every connected person, against their will if desired, although this is more difficult. This information is never emotional- it is purely fact-based. The information is also memory-based- only memories or information gained from memories can be accessed. 

For example, say I read that shark's have no bone, only cartilage. Internet could connect with me and download that information- either the memory of me reading that, or the fact itself, but not my thoughts or opinions of that, nor my thoughts at the time. Purely objective facts, rendered free of emotion.

Secondary Power: Enhanced mental capacity: Internet has very strong processing power, in order to sort, catalogue, comprehend and use all the information that he/she has downloaded. This power does not extend to anyone connected with Internet unless he/she wills it to.

Passive: Thick Skin: Internet has invulnerable skin. It can bend, but will not bruise or break. Unlike Steelheart, this does not extend past skin level. So a strong hit will not damage his/her skin at all, but might break bones or cause internal damage.

I figure Intenet would be a background, hidden Epic, in the service of a more powerful one. He/she would stay hidden at HQ, forming connections and gathering more and more information that he/she can use to help their master. Has an obsessive drive to gather information, for its own sake, whether or not it is useful or relevant.

Guys, I just realized something. Calamity is going to be the first time Brandon actually finishes a series. The first Mistborn trilogy comes close but the series is actually still growing from his original outline and there are some one-shots without sequels but this is a first. I'm suddenly even more excited for the book. :lol: .

Guys, I just realized something. Calamity is going to be the first time Brandon actually finishes a series. The first Mistborn trilogy comes close but the series is actually still growing from his original outline and there are some one-shots without sequels but this is a first. I'm suddenly even more excited for the book. :lol: .

I still hope he does spinoffs, though. The Reckonersverse is an awesome world, and I'm sure it will remain so even with the "fundamental setting changes" Calamity will bring.

I still hope he does spinoffs, though. The Reckonersverse is an awesome world, and I'm sure it will remain so even with the "fundamental setting changes" Calamity will bring.

Spinoffs could always take place before the actual series, though. Like Fortuity's whacky adventures. (and when I say whacky I mean them being about people whacking Fortuity on the head. :P )

Spinoffs could always take place before the actual series, though. Like Fortuity's whacky adventures. (and when I say whacky I mean them being about people whacking Fortuity on the head. :P )

Before Steelheart....

Before the Reckoners....

Before David decided assassinating him was the best way to spend a Saturday night....

...he was Newcago's version of a classic arcade game.

WHACK-A-FORTUITY

Coming this summer to theaters and IMAX.

Have you given your Fortuity head trauma today?

Oh, indeed. Any other author could have made a living off of the Reckonerverse alone--Brandon Sanderson's so awesome, what would be considered the crowning work of any other writer is just a single trilogy amid a sea of other great novels, and it's not even universally considered to be one of the better ones.

I definitely hope for spinoffs, even if they're just bonus shorts like Mitosis.

OK, so I hope nobody minds if I try to work out a small power issue I'm having with Redlight. I have it listed in her profile that she can stop people from moving, but not prevent them from using their powers. Earlier today I was trying to figure out the exact mechanics of what she does, and came to two different possibilities:

1. She jams motor signals, preventing conscious, muscular movement but leaving mobility powers unaffected.
  2. She genuinely prevents any movement at all, essentially freezing people in place and instantly doing away with all their momentum, like MV. This power could even circumvent normal laws of physics, such as by suspending a falling man in the air with no support. Most Epic powers would be unaffected, but it would block any attempts at motion. So if she froze Obliteration he'd be able to drain heat but not teleport, and if she froze Impact she'd be able to impart momentum to objects she's touching but wouldn't be able to move herself.

Personally I prefer the second option for its versatility and overall coolness (though in the interests of full disclosure, I also like the fact that it makes it more difficult for a teleporter to kill every commander in The Dalles in a matter of seconds. :ph34r:) I feel that this coupled with her range of about twenty feet would make her useful but not overpowered, and the fact that her abilities have not been seen in the RP as of yet gives me a little leeway with redefining them, but I'd like to hear feedback about this idea. I don't want anyone to feel I'm cheating or bending the rules at all, so by all means, raise any objections you can think of.

Before Steelheart....

Before the Reckoners....

Before David decided assassinating him was the best way to spend a Saturday night....

...he was Newcago's version of a classic arcade game.

WHACK-A-FORTUITY

Coming this summer to theaters and IMAX.

Have you given your Fortuity head trauma today?

And that is the story behind his weakness. :P Other assassination the Reckoners made would also be good spinoff material.

Oh, indeed. Any other author could have made a living off of the Reckonerverse alone--Brandon Sanderson's so awesome, what would be considered the crowning work of any other writer is just a single trilogy amid a sea of other great novels, and it's not even universally considered to be one of the better ones.

I definitely hope for spinoffs, even if they're just bonus shorts like Mitosis.

OK, so I hope nobody minds if I try to work out a small power issue I'm having with Redlight. I have it listed in her profile that she can stop people from moving, but not prevent them from using their powers. Earlier today I was trying to figure out the exact mechanics of what she does, and came to two different possibilities:

1. She jams motor signals, preventing conscious, muscular movement but leaving mobility powers unaffected.
  2. She genuinely prevents any movement at all, essentially freezing people in place and instantly doing away with all their momentum, like MV. This power could even circumvent normal laws of physics, such as by suspending a falling man in the air with no support. Most Epic powers would be unaffected, but it would block any attempts at motion. So if she froze Obliteration he'd be able to drain heat but not teleport, and if she froze Impact she'd be able to impart momentum to objects she's touching but wouldn't be able to move herself.

Personally I prefer the second option for its versatility and overall coolness (though in the interests of full disclosure, I also like the fact that it makes it more difficult for a teleporter to kill every commander in The Dalles in a matter of seconds. :ph34r:) I feel that this coupled with her range of about twenty feet would make her useful but not overpowered, and the fact that her abilities have not been seen in the RP as of yet gives me a little leeway with redefining them, but I'd like to hear feedback about this idea. I don't want anyone to feel I'm cheating or bending the rules at all, so by all means, raise any objections you can think of.

I wish the Sanderbots really would exsist, then we could program one soley for the Reckoner setting. -_-

So quantum locking to a specific location? Sure works for me but I think that would also mean such a person would be invulnerable ala Steelheart given that you couldn't for example move their skin to cut it, giving her quite the defensive capability.

Personally I'd love to see the hit on Redleaf where Prof jumped out of a helicopter. :ph34r:

See, let's force him to make one for every Epic he ever mentioned even minor mentions like Insulation and the Pink Pinkness. :P

So quantum locking to a specific location? Sure works for me but I think that would also mean such a person would be invulnerable ala Steelheart given that you couldn't for example move their skin to cut it, giving her quite the defensive capability.

See, let's force him to make one for every Epic he ever mentioned even minor mentions like Insulation and the Pink Pinkness. :P

I hadn't considered that, but I like it. It also means she couldn't shoot and kill someone that she's frozen, meaning that she could contain someone like Shiny Sparkle but not assassinate her. I'm not sure whether or not to let her freeze herself as well, though I'm leaning against it.

The Pink Pinkness released as a novelette?

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

You mean we'd get Curveball's Emotionally Scarring Backstory? I'm okay with that. :P

And the reveal of Backbreaker being the guy that wrote the original story with Bane. :P

(Plus, the Obliteration chronicles, we totally need those. :ph34r: )

I hadn't considered that, but I like it. It also means she couldn't shoot and kill someone that she's frozen, meaning that she could contain someone like Shiny Sparkle but not assassinate her. I'm not sure whether or not to let her freeze herself as well, though I'm leaning against it.

The Pink Pinkness released as a novelette?

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Assuming those people have movement powers, yes. Otherwise, she could just release her powers to late for anyone else to doge the bullet. Then there's also the matter of breathing. Given that they shouldn't be able to use their lungs their metabolism would have to be frozen as well, making their consiousness one of the common breaks from reality once magical powers are involved.

Freezing herself would make her very durable, though not quite High Epic levels, given the power isn't tied to a danger sense.