She'll definitely be assigned a constant guard, be it a few well-trusted Guardsmen or an Epic.

Alright, then Edgerunner and Scribbler would need a bit more effort to get the private time, like throwing the actual Dalles/Oregon sexy callender on the ground in front of them. :P

Will we start 12 with the topic of sexy callenders? :ph34r:

Alright, then Edgerunner and Scribbler would need a bit more effort to get the private time, like throwing the actual Dalles/Oregon sexy callender on the ground in front of them. :P

Will we start 12 with the topic of sexy callenders? :ph34r:

It does match beautifully: question 12, 12 months of the year... :ph34r:

Comatose and Silver: Comatose, I'm not sure what types of restraints you had in mind, so I intentionally kept it vague for you or Silver to describe in one of your posts. Silver, I didn't have them actively restrain Converter so you have a chance to respond in some manner, should you choose to not have them restrain her immediately.

Ideally, I would love to say that the restraints are chains made of Tungsten with a Carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer coating (after doing some wikipedia searches.  What I'm unsure of is if Rainmaker would have something like this growing in Corvallis.  On one hand, this is a land with epics, so it might make sense to have restraints like this available.  On the other hand, maybe it is too specific to Converter.  If we did go this route, the Tungsten has a melting point of 3410 degress Celsius, so it would give Converter some time to sit while she waits to store up enough heat to melt it (which will take some time, since Rainmaker is going to keep the area around her VERY cold).  The carbon fiber coating would be non conductive, and prevent her from electrocuting anyone who is touching it, and it also provides another heat resistant layer for Converter to work through.  

You know what, let's just say the chains are Tungsten, and be done with it.  With resistor there, they should be able to not be electrocuted hopefully, and then we don't run into plausibility problems.  

From here, Converter will (hopefully) be trapped, and then someone one (either Phoenix, Iconoclast, or Insight) can release her.  Personally, I think Insight would have the easiest time of it, since he could approach invisible, move through the winds Rainmaker will have blowing outwards all around Converter, and just phase Converter through.  Perhaps he could approach one of the other two and be like.  "I'm going to free Converter, so you can team up with her and cause chaos" since I don't think he necessarily would want to be around Converter once she is free.  

Also, you can assume that Rainmaker momentarily weakened the winds in the exact spot where they are moving through, since she wouldn't want to risk them tripping.  Since they had the weights, and would be used to her powers, she wouldn't take them away, but the spot they are entering would be slightly weaker.  

Just to be clear, and to set the scene, what I'm picturing now is winds pressing in on all sides in a wide ring around (but not touching) Converter.  Behind Converter, is the remains of one of the hail stones, which Converter was pressed against in her last post.  There's also likely large chunks of ice around Converter. 

Does this sound good to you, Silver?

It's not like it would simply be the diamond pillar appearing under it. Lucentia has a fine control of her creations, meaning the pillar would have much more give than normal diamond ever could.

By the way, Timeport?

Didn't you get it just today? :P

Yes, but he's used if a lot in one day. :mellow:

Unless, of course, those two WERE her bodyguards. :ph34r:

Well rust. Autumn is getting cuddled. :ph34r:

It does match beautifully: question 12, 12 months of the year... :ph34r:

Now the question is this. Can we actually get a pleasant calendar or will it continue to feature lycra!Lightwards?

Well rust. Autumn is getting cuddled. :ph34r:

Now the question is this. Can we actually get a pleasant calendar or will it continue to feature lycra!Lightwards?

On a more serious note, one of those two--or another Epic who trusts Autumn somewhat--would probably be a better choice than Deathwish. Yes, he's the only one with a PI, but if there was a repeat of Shiny Sparkle, wouldn't he be more likely to just sit back and laugh than to intervene? Maybe he'd intervene at some point, but unless I'm reading him wrong, he seems like the type to only jump in at the last possible second.

I also just started researching this stuff called Ultra Rope that they use in high rise elevators that could be an effective restraint.  They need this stuff for strength epics, after all.  

EDIT:  Unless, Rainmaker has been trading with Lucentia for a diamond industrial chain to plant.  What's the possibility of a Corvallis/Astoria trade convoy?

I just figured out what we should do for the calendar. Scrap that whole sexy joke, we are making a shipping calendar. With a picture of the two shipmates for each month.

On a more serious note, one of those two--or another Epic who trusts Autumn somewhat--would probably be a better choice than Deathwish. Yes, he's the only one with a PI, but if there was a repeat of Shiny Sparkle, wouldn't he be more likely to just sit back and laugh than to intervene? Maybe he'd intervene at some point, but unless I'm reading him wrong, he seems like the type to only jump in at the last possible second.

Let's see, who's actually available. Redlight: Out because she's with Vondra.

Arsenal, not an option either.

Glamour: Not exactly suited for the job.

Deathwish: Has a PI but isn't exactly the type one would want as a bodyguard.

Edgreunner/Scribbler: Have a basis of trust with Autumn but lack defensive powers... assuming they are't actually compromised enough to use Autumn as a bribe for Shiny Sparkle.

Vapor Snake: Trust basis with Autumn, powers well suited to keeping an not Epic charge safe, not necessarily needed for his powers to help elsewhere. Seems like he'd actually work rather well for the job. :mellow:

I just figured out what we should do for the calendar. Scrap that whole sexy joke, we are making a shipping calendar. With a picture of the two shipmates for each month.

Let's see, who's actually available. Redlight: Out because she's with Vondra.

Arsenal, not an option either.

Glamour: Not exactly suited for the job.

Deathwish: Has a PI but isn't exactly the type one would want as a bodyguard.

Edgreunner/Scribbler: Have a basis of trust with Autumn but lack defensive powers... assuming they are't actually compromised enough to use Autumn as a bribe for Shiny Sparkle.

Vapor Snake: Trust basis with Autumn, powers well suited to keeping an not Epic charge safe, not necessarily needed for his powers to help elsewhere. Seems like he'd actually work rather well for the job. :mellow:

So you're saying Autumn/Vapor would be the January picture? :mellow: He'd also have the advantage of being able to get his squad together if he needed backup, or even gifting a small amount of his powers to Autumn in an emergency.

So you're saying Autumn/Vapor would be the January picture? :mellow: He'd also have the advantage of being able to get his squad together if he needed backup, or even gifting a small amount of his powers to Autumn in an emergency.

Lets give us time until February to figure out if we actually ship them. :P

Gifting his powers would actually be a preferable way of keeping her save compared to him using his powers himself.

Lets give us time until February to figure out if we actually ship them. :P

Gifting his powers would actually be a preferable way of keeping her save compared to him using his powers himself.

Leading her to see the addictive nature of Epic powers firsthand, granting her a deeper understanding of his constant struggle and a greater appreciation for his protection....dang, it's like the Shipping Gods WANTED them together from the beginning. :ph34r::P

Leading her to see the addictive nature of Epic powers firsthand, granting her a deeper understanding of his constant struggle and a greater appreciation for his protection....dang, it's like the Shipping Gods WANTED them together from the beginning. :ph34r::P

I feel reminded of this comic Kobold once posted.

f424476626252fdaef6222dc275deaba.png

Suddenly we are getting a prelude for corrupt Autumn. :P

It's also rather interesting that this works out so well (in theory) without me actually aiming for it, when I created him. :mellow:

I feel reminded of this comic Kobold once posted.

f424476626252fdaef6222dc275deaba.png

Suddenly we are getting a prelude for corrupt Autumn. :P

It's also rather interesting that this works out so well (in theory) without me actually aiming for it, when I created him. :mellow:

Vapor Snake and Winter Glass, conquering The Dalles with their love...this could actually work. :P

The Shipping Gods work in mysterious ways. :P Shipping or no shipping, though, it does work out extremely well.

Vapor Snake and Winter Glass, conquering The Dalles with their love...this could actually work. :P

The Shipping Gods work in mysterious ways. :P Shipping or no shipping, though, it does work out extremely well.

Not exactly the result he expected from his counseling sessions but a result none the less. :P

They indeed do, mere mortals like us should never attempt to stand in their way. :P

Not exactly the result he expected from his counseling sessions but a result none the less. :P

They indeed do, mere mortals like us should never attempt to stand in their way. :P

Now I'm imagining Deathwish putting out ads on some community board: "THERAPIST NEEDED! Must be hot, female, willing to listen to me talk for HOURS, and hot. Vondra this is super serious so please don't take it down." :mellow:

Just let them do what they do best. B)

Now I'm imagining Deathwish putting out ads on some community board: "THERAPIST NEEDED! Must be hot, female, willing to listen to me talk for HOURS, and hot. Vondra this is super serious so please don't take it down." :mellow:

Deathwish's theory that Epics required regular intimacy with gorgeous women to avoid becoming evil was met with understandable skepticism from the lorist community. :P

Deathwish's theory that Epics required regular intimacy with gorgeous women to avoid becoming evil was met with understandable skepticism from the lorist community. :P

Ironicall the case of Firefight would soon prove that the reverse very much holds up. :P