Kobold King is Actually Brandon

This is just a thought I had. It makes sense that Brandon would have an account on the forums that doesn't show him as Brandon, so he can quietly post without being mobbed by questions. so I was thinking about who it might be, and my first and strongest thought is... Kobold King! He has so many upvotes, his rank is above adonalsium. It all fits!

Leave your thoughts.

And random ideas.

And any related jokes/puns you might have.

Edited by Bridge Boy

Dragonsteel Entertainment can neither confirm nor deny the validity of the thoughts, speculations, and opinions expressed in this thread.

b3022f12e7f63ae964488be379fc6c57.jpg

But as much as this thread amuses me, for legal and ethical reasons I should state here that I am not in fact Brandon Sanderson in disguise. I have never even met the man, and I can guarantee you that our beloved Bandersnatch would post far more quality content than I ever will.  ;)

Sorry TwiLyght. If it helps, I'm sure the REAL Brandon Sanderson would adore your work as much as I do. :)

Dragonsteel Entertainment can neither confirm nor deny the validity of the thoughts, speculations, and opinions expressed in this thread.

b3022f12e7f63ae964488be379fc6c57.jpg

But as much as this thread amuses me, for legal and ethical reasons I should state here that I am not in fact Brandon Sanderson in disguise. I have never even met the man, and I can guarantee you that our beloved Bandersnatch would post far more quality content than I ever will. ;)

Sorry TwiLyght. If it helps, I'm sure the REAL Brandon Sanderson would adore your work as much as I do. :)

Darn. <_<:P

Even if he hated it so much he created a brand-new world and peopled it with characters who had built a religion subtly mocking my work, I'd just be thrilled that he'd read it. :)

Wouldn't being the person with the highest rep-count on the boards kind of defeat the whole point of the whole under-cover thing?  Besides, with Brandon's schedule, there's no way he could maintain Kobold's post count and still put out 2 books a year.  

Why, Brandon would have to be some kind of crazy robot who accidently writes sequels to the books he's currently writing to be as active as Kobold and still produce books.

Now I'm imagining Brandon siting at a one computer typing a book, and he has a set of robot arms for making posts as Kobold.

He even pretended not to know about Obliteration's destruction of Houston and San Diego. That's some serious dedication right there. :P

I didn't mention how the Reckoners books have been part of the Cosmere all along!

...which, uh, isn't true. And I'm not Brandon Sanderson. :ph34r:

Now I'm imagining Brandon siting at a one computer typing a book, and he has a set of robot arms for making posts as Kobold.

Brandon Sanderson is Doctor Octopus?

I'm not sure how to feel about this head canon.

Wait! "Kobold King" has 10 letters in it. "Brandon Sanderson" has 16 letters in it! The date of this year is 2015! Add 10 to 2015 and you get 2025, which is the square of 45! Take 16 away from 45 and add 10 and you get 39, which is the age Brandon is this year!

Illuminati Confirmed! Kobold, your cover has been blown! Show your true self!  ;)

You're on a good track, but RAFO. :P

You're forgeting something, if he's lying about being him, he could also lie about his gender. That is right, Kobold King is actually Brandon's wife and Twi is the real Brandon.

That is of course also the reason why they are letting Kobold have more upvotes and that they rarely get involved with theories to not give away spoilers.

Don't you see how much sense it all makes. :ph34r::P

Edited by Edgedancer

You're forgeting something, if he's lying about being him, he could also lie about his gender. That is right, Kobold King is actually Brandon's wife and Twi is the real Brandon.

That is of course also the reason why they are letting Kobold have more upvotes and that they rarely get involved with theories to not give away spoilers.

Don't you see how much sense it all makes. :ph34r::P

So what does that mean given that Emily/Kobold is marrying Twi/Brandon's sister?