Holiday Submission Dates

Silk

Hey everyone,

I'm just noticing that our next two submission dates fall on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Are we going to have people wanting to submit on those days, or, alternatively, lots of people who DON'T want to be critiquing those weeks? Do we want to be "closed for the holidays" on one or both of those dates?

Let me know your thoughts.

Silk

Edited by Silk

I'm fine with having submissions, and I may even have the time to get one or two worked up and ready for the new year. Besides, going from the recent posts, it sometimes takes a few days for people to find time to review the submissions anyway. Waiting another few days probably won't kill the authors.

I agree with cjhuitt that we don't need a holiday hiatus. If people don't want to submit on the holidays, they don't have to and if people don't have time to critique, they can still do it after the holidays.

On a related note, I'd actually like to submit tomorrow. However, I've been quite sick these past few days, which has thrown a wrench in my writing plans which means I'm not entirely certain whether I'll be ready on time.