Caton: Second path

Satsuoni

Alfie followed Satsu through the streets, the light prickling on his skin. He drew less stares now, and from the odd person, a more hateful glance. He was very beautiful- he knew this from the way humans had reacted around him. But some people were very racist against people of his persuasion. Beauty made it harder to hate. He could see why they wouldn't like him as much now. He didn't like himself that much at the moment.

Eventually they reached the destination. Satsu explained his plan. Alfie listened eargerly, and then looked over the alleyway with his tineye, every inch visible. "It would be easier to lead him in if there was some sort of object for him to find. A piece of chromium, a vial. Gold. Bait. Something to lead him to at the end of the alley. Everything should seem natural whenever you do it with one of the emotional powers so you don't have to push them too hard. Do you have anything like that? It should also distract him for a second or two, giving you a chance to get him."

He looked into the bar with his steel eye, looking for anyone with bronze in their chest, anyone who he recognized, anything especially dangerous.

I consider. A bait. A bait that looks natural... A stash? Yes, this would probably serve. I take one of my spare vials with larger metal selection and wrap it in aluminum foil. Expensive, but I don't plan to lose it. I go to the end of the alley, and spot loose bricks on one of the buildings.

A pull with my Pewter flared, and the bricks came out, revealing a small gap before the next layer filled with gravel. I carefully place the vial there and close with with brick as far as it would now go.

"Well, here is a nice stash full of expensive metals. Do you think it would work?"

Alfie nodded approvingly.

"An expensive bait. It will do excellently. He'll have to reach down and pull it out, and when he does he'll be open to attack. You can leap on him and knock him out with your pewter. I'll try to riot his curiosity and desire for wealth so he focuses only on the treasure."

Alfie then started walking towards the bar entrance, tapping a little connection to boost his natural charisma. "Is that everything?"

OOC He looked at the building with his steel eye. What does it look like inside? If it is not dangerous he would go inside. If there was a bronze burner he'd stop burning metals, if there was a copper burner he'd avoid using emotional allomancy. If Satsu had some concern he would wait and hear it.

Edited by Nepene

[ooc]The building is full of people. It also has some kind of metallic ornaments on the walls, and simple metal sheets in places obscuring your vision to a degree. Metal seems to be a motif of the place. You can see that many people in there have guns. You do not observe a Seeker, but there is a Smoker in the back of the building, in additional to normal smokers, their lungs clearly distinguishable. There are other Allomancers and several feruchemists in the crowd. Many seem drunk or agitated, as far as you can tell. Alfie cannot be sure if there are others beyond metal sheets, but that is likely. There are at least two Bloodmakers, one completely drunk. Satsu is silent.[/ooc]

Alfie walked towards the building. A massive spike hung across the entrance. Iron, like those that an inquisitor might wear. It was dripping with what he assumed was red paint. It was very overt. From within he could hear sounds- those of people drinking, partying, having a merry time. He was very cute at the time. He'd seen how some people reacted with an adorable cat nearby. He'd got more than one meal that way. Would more than one person follow him out? He hung by at the side and waited for someone to walk in.

A heavy set man with a thick beard came by, swinging his arms like the thick sacks of meat that they were. Alfie came in behind him, walking in lock step, and then ran right through his feet into the bar. The man tripped and swore at him. He tapped more connection and purred at the man to calm him down. He felt very close to everyone here. They were all sad at the recent death, over other gangs. He wanted to help them. No, that was the connection speaking. He had to do his mission. He bit down on his tongue, tasting blood. He slowly regained control.

He walked up to the bloodmaker, continued tapping connection, and mewed at him pointedly. The man seemed to look at him strangely. He wasn't using zinc or brass allomancy. Did he recognize him from the assault? He kept tapping only a small amount of connection. He tugged on the man's trousers, looked at the door pointedly. He scratched the floor in the direction of the door.

Was there a place he could escape? He burnt steel and looked around? A seeker, just sitting casually there, drinking, chatting... he shut off all his metals, ignoring the nausea he felt in his stomach whenever he stopped talking to his future self. He'd deal. He was burning no metals at all now.

Edited by Nepene

[ooc] The man looks at Alfie with curiosity. The cat is very cute, and seems to want him to follow. There is also something familiar about the way he feels. something he can't quite put his finger on. 

He speaks: "What do you want, kitty?"

There is a number of nooks and crannies. There are several private booths, some not occupied. There is a door leading to the kitchen and another one leading upstairs and to the basement, both doors open. There are a lot of metal ornaments on the walls. There are a lot of guns. Almost every customer have one, and the bouncer has a clearly visible large shotgun. The bouncer looks a bit like Koloss.

As a reminder, there is a Smoker in the back room, but Alfie couldn't tell whether he was burning or not during brief glimpse he had. In general, however, places that cater to Allomancers tend to have a Coppercloud going at all times...

Other people are paying attention to Alfie, feeling a range of emotions from mild adoration to amusement.

One addresses bloodmaker: "Do you have fish in your trousers or something?" Many people laugh at the crude joke. Nobody seems to suspect anything amiss. [/ooc]

Alfie walks up to the man and nuzzles at his leg, trying to endear himself to the man. He then looks up at him, his eyes wide and his pupils huge

tumblr_mant4c8bET1ruj9dfo1_500.jpg

Then he tugs on the man's leg again in the direction of the door, and walks over to the exit, then back to the man, looking up at him with his deep eyes, willing him to connect with him, to understand. For interspecies diplomacy to finally work. For human and cat to understand one another, and be close.

He does not sniff for a fish in the man's pocket. He is not hungry, for sex or for food.

[ooc]Man looks at the cat with increasing puzzlement. Apparently, the cat wanted him to come out of the bar. The man vacillates, but in the end, curiosity prevails. He stands up, shouts a few rude remarks to his companions, and approaches Alfie. Other patrons look on with curiosit, too. One other man, a Brute (pewter Feruchemist), stands up and joins the bloodmaker.

"'Tis got me interested. What is with this cat? I'll go with ya."

[/ooc]

Alfie sighs in relief as they follow him, and leads them to the prearranged place. Two people is harder, but with nicrosil he trusts that Satsu can overwhelm them. He mews and drags and pulls them to the location, getting increasingly excited as they get closer to the place in the alleyway. Then as they reach it he scratches at the wall where the brick was. He then pushed and shook it and scratched at the brick, making it move slightly in its place so the two of them could see what was up.

Meanwhile, he kept a keen eye out. He didn't want to be caught by a seeker, but his senses were good and he tried to spot if they were being followed. He hoped Satsu would follow soon.

He waited for him to arrive as he scratched at the brick, readying a powerful flared sooth for the pair, for whichever one wasn't attacked first. Every second would count when Satsu attacked.

Edited by Nepene

I am lying on the roof, impatiently waiting for Alfie to come. It seems like an eternity has passed. Patience. At last, I can see him and two men heading towards the stash. Wait. Two? That is not well. I look at them. From my spot, I can see something that I assume to be metalminds on both, but I can't be sure. I certainly can't see what kinds of metals they are. I wait for them to come closer.

Alfie leads them on, paying more and more attention to the gold man as they get closer.

He mews, he nuzzles, he tugs. All the while keeping a keen eye for anyone following. He swallows in his throat, the lack of electrum giving him some nausea. He has no idea what awaits them.

I see Alfie approaching and ewing at one of the men. I assume him to be bloodmaker. I ready my Harvester dagger and swallow pewter and Nicrosil.

Alfie hears something, but is unsure if that is true or his imagination

the Brute gets more suspicious. He looks around warily

Alfie paws at the wall, and says "Mrammram." The brick moves slightly.

A bloodmaker spots the moving brick. "Is this where you were leading us? What's this?". He removes the brick.

Mrrrrowwwww" Alfie says happily "Mrowd" He hoped Satsu would hear him describe the man as gold.

Brute is distracted from his suspicions when he sees something in the hollow

I can hear Alfie mrowing, but can't make out what he is trying to say. In the meanwhile, one guy that I believe to be some other feruchemist pushes supposed bloodmaker away and grabs at the vial

Alfie readies his steel and brass.

I judge the moment to be good, and jump down. I burn Pewter and tap Investiture like there is no tomorrow. I land well.

Every second counts now. The danger was upon them. He could summon his powers in a moment's notice to slam a gun to the side, or flare brass to stun one of the men.

My pewter flares like a hundred suns. Before any of the men could react I touch them, one with full hand, the other with the fist already holding a drawn dagger. The bloodmaker staggers. The other one blinks at the sudden assault but recovers quickly.

Alfie steps back, watching the scene. Then Alfie hits the second man with a flared brass hit, trying to reduce his rage and alertness. He burns steel, looking for use of a knife or a gun

I see the supposed Bloodmaker stagger, and the other one start advancing toward me, when a very confused expression comes over him. Both men are armed. The Bloodmaker has a revolver. Brute has large knofe and a small handgun.

He must have tried to tap his metalminds. They should be empty now, unless he had some he was not touching- he doesn't. it is rare to have such.[/ooc]

Alfie uses his steel and focused on the blue lines leading to the guns. He readies a push if one tries to quick draw and fire on Satsu

His rage soothed, the man was scared. He shouts for help!

Alfie looks out with steelsight, seeing if anyone is there to help Alfie spots a group of metal sources at the mouth of the alley, moving towards us. He sees some metal sources coming towards them from the alleyway. His claws come out.

I hiss, and tap more investiture. My pewter burns out, but the power still flows. I start to feel the strain. That last investiture increase might not have been a good idea. My vision doubles then triples.

Alfie looks to whoever looks most jittery and nervous and pushes zinc against him, trying to make him afraid of what awaits.

"The colors wash out a bit, as pain wrecks my frame"

Alfie's Rioting spooks one person into running. Some others also leave, though not in such hurry.

About 5 people remain. They are much more careful now. There is a Seeker with the group! He starts burning. Alfie goes to Satsu, jumps up onto his shoulder and speaks to him quietly. "Nicroburst me, now." He starts burning zinc at the seeker, flaring his insanity and desire to be a chicken. He transfers his brass to attack the gold man, flaring it to break his will and empty him of emotions.

I try to concentrate on my surroundings. Or we? A cat approaches and speaks. Nicroburst? Is there nicrosil left to burn? The colors flicker as my perception changes. Nicrosil is gone. We must have bruned it without thinking while experiencing investiture backlash. Investiture… We reach and manage to touch Alfie. Spike.. close, We can feel, see it. Some Investiture goes into it. Alfie's rioting grows stronger. Alas, the willpower of the seeker prevails for the moment. He clucks, but manages to take himself under control. About half of Alfie's Zinc is gone. Bloodmaker starts to recover.

The first of the group pokes his head arounfd the corner. He has a gun in his hand. The Brute is drawing a knife and advancing on me.

We.. must concentrate. But…The spike in my head flares with pain. I can still feel the power going through me. So much power... and so many bloodmakers...

Alfie flares zinc at the man with the knife, trying to excite his insanity and confusion. He keeps flaring brass at the bloodmaker, hoping to weaken his spirit further. Meanwhile, he uses his steel to push a little at the man who comes with the gun. Small pushes to weaken his aim and skill. He shakes about on Satsu, and mimes attacking him with his claws.

The bloodmaker looks at the allomantic cat. He is very confused, so he doesn't try to draw his gun

He wishes Satsu would just attack and get it over with.

Brute howl with rage. He lunges, attacking the vial of metals, confused by the sudden rush of emotions! The man shoots! It ricochets off the ground, deflected by Alfie's steel, and goes straight into Satsu's gut. The physical pain helps Satsu concentrate, but he is losing blood. Only Pewter ripthrough allows him to function. Ow! The sudden, very physical pain allows me to become me again. It also makes me aware of the bullet somewhere in my stomach, muted by the Pewter. The illusionary Pewter only working as long as I tap.

At least Pewter also adds to my speed and agility. Overcoming pain, both in my gut and head, I aim my harvesting dagger. The bloodmaker tries to evade, but to no avail. Guided by Pewter and increased sensitivity of Investiture overtap, I ram the dagger straight into his heart, bypassing ribs.

the guy with the gun is still there. His friends - 4 of them, including Seeker - show up. Seeker clucks and points at Alfie, warning people of them. They take in the scene and are confused. They start drawing guns though. Brute still attacks poor vial, now in pieces

Alfie whispers into Satsu's ear *spike the bloodmaker* He then flares at the Seeker, trying to make him more chickenlike and insane.

Seeker's eye bulge as he tries to take flight! One of the other men shouts "Rust and ruin!" and shoots. He hits Brute in the leg. Others gape. they were not as sober to begin with.

I wait for a few moments. I can almost feel life leaving Bloodmaker. He tries to tap health, but his metalminds are empty.

Alfie sees the confusion and problems of the men, and does a widespread, if weaker, zinc push against their emotions, making them more confused and drunk. He uses steel to push away any bullets that attack them.

The five men crowd the alleyway exit, gaping at the spectacle. So far, no other people have been attracted by shots.

I rip out the dagger, the spike inside covered with blood now leaking out of the slots in the transparent blade. I meow at Alfie "What kind is that one?" waving in the direction of the howling man, now stumbling with leg wound.

Alfie meows at him. "Strength equality magic"

He continues to fake scratch and tear at him, as though Satsu is some great foe attacking his dear friends."Loss and gain magic.” His cat language is imprecise, but even in the fury of this fight he has no desire to reveal to them what he is. He can remain a cat.

The men look at the crazy cat, a meowing murderer with a dagger made of glass and their acquaintance attacking a vial. They look at Seeker clucking and flapping his arms. They are flabbergasted.

Alfie looked over the five remaining men, seeing if any looked like they might break from fear. He saw little fear, but a great deal of confusion.

Ah, good. I retrieve another dagger, this one with cat-sized spike, and turn to Brute.

Alfie flared his zinc at the seeker again, seeking to drive him further into insanity. Perhaps it would distract them for long enough for Satsu to do his job.

Seeker knew he was a mad chicken! He crows as he strips! The sight is enough for one of the other men to run away swearing. Others are no longer sure where to aim.

I try to hit brute, but even with his leg wound he menages to evade me. The seeker is naked now. The brute's swing misses Satsu by a mile. Alfie grabs onto Satsu, looks around for some source of metal above and behind him, and if he finds it, pins the brute by his metal minds against the ground. The man slammed down, firmly pinned.

He uses his brass against the chicken man, suppressing any inhibitions the man has, while maintaining a zinc push against the crowd, increasing their confusion and worry.

Seeker shits on the ground. He is a monkeyrooster! He flings poo at the crowd, crowing madly! One of the three remaining men had enough. He tries to shoot Seeker, and wounds that one in the arm.

I am weaker than before, pwetr or no. I am not drawing enough Investiture. And I don't dare draw more. I can feel my body suffering from the spiritual distortion already.

Alfie mews at him. "Finish the human, kill him, and we can go."

I barely manage to hit the man with a dagger, harvesting his power. I trill "We have to go. I am weak. Let us escape." I am not sure I can climb back to roof

Alfie flares his zinc at the man who just fired his gun, seeking to capitalize on his moment of weakness, increasing his rage and confusing.

I look at the roof, and a wave of dizziness hits me. I trill "To weak to go up"

“I can take you up.” Says Alfie “Take us further into the alleyway, away from the group.” Alfie meanwhile uses his brass to sooth the remaining men's care for other humans and other members of their gang.

The man looks around wildly as Seeker continues to throw poop. He shoots Seeker three more times, wounding him, but not critically. Yet. The others seem tired by the whole affair. They look at the pair and giggle, amused. Seeker tries to take flight.

I sheathe daggers and stagger deeper into alley. I can barely think.

Once they are deeper in, Alfie sends one last pulse of confusion at the man, both soothing any clarity that remains and rioting any confusion in the group. Then he scrambled around Satsu, finds a metal source, and starts pushing them up onto the rooftops.

Despite possible side effects, I tap more Investiture. Pewter grows stronger, and my head clears somewhat.

Alfie speaks to Satsu. "If you are worried about that group I can spend a while flaring my zinc at them. Drive them insane. Then no one will believe them when they say what happened."

You push us up onto rooftops with relative ease, leaving a group of four people and two corpses behind. Two of those are now quite insane. Other two will recover.

I consider, then speak "I think you have done enough. Better go away now. One of them got away anyways."

Alfie nods. "He shall have a curious tale to tell people."

That is so." I unscrew the dagger with Bloodmaker's spike, bend out temporals and slap it on the bind point piercing it.

Alfie looks away as the spike goes in. He still feels... not good about spikes. Metal into flesh. He hopes it helps Satsu though.

I reach into my pack and retrieve a golden bracer. A pity I had to wipe metalminds of that bloodmaker. Yes, i can feel Gold now.

Alfie looks at him concerned and speaks. "You look pretty weak. I can carry you back if you want, with steel." Alfie moves around, running his spider legs of allomancy across objects, and levitates in front of Satsu, his arms out, ready for piggy back ride.

I store some health. the pain comes at me with increased force. I can almost see myself from outside the body. The wounds does not look good. I tap more Investiture, switching from empty Metalmind. A wisp of mist rises from the scar in my forehead. not good. Too weak. Too weak to grasp Alfie. I tap health. Boosted by Investiture, it is enough to close the wound. barely. At least I don't bleed anymore.

"Fall on me. I'll catch you." Alfie says.

"Yess." I fall on Alfie.

Alfie huffs, feeling his weight, and slides a bit under. Then, slowly levitating up, he rises up, Satsu on his back, as though he is some sort of magic cat carpet. Carefully controlling himself with timed pushes he slowly accelerates towards their home, remaining at a constant height. He feels the weight of Satsu on him heavy, and knows he should not fly at a great speed. At least, he should not accelerate too fast.

I try not to move, lest I slip. Pewter helps with balance. But this pewter has a cost. On we almost paid in the alley.

Slowly he builds up his speed.Soon the land blurs beneath them.

Far beneath them, a woman glances up from her place on the roof where she spies on cats going back and forth and sees a pair moving across the sky. She burns tin, and looks up more carefully. Is that... the sight vanishes a moment later, but she keeps the image fixed in her mind. Coming from a place where earlier she heard gunshots. Was the cat pushing him?

In time they get close to their home. Alfie drops down nearby, onto a building. Alfie then guided Satsu down to an empty alleyway. "Can you walk from here, or should I get someone to come help?"

“I can walk. I fell strong. But I only have maybe 20 minutes worth of investiture. I'll have to eat Nicrosil like a candy again. And sleep for a day. We better hurry"

Alfie nods and leads Satsu back to his place. He would sooth the man's pain, but, well, that had gone poorly in the past. He uses tin and steel to watch out for any attackers or watchers, zinc and brass at the ready.

"I would like that. I have been facing a lot more combat than I'd expected to face recently. A combat power would help."

We arrive at my house successfully. I address Alfie: "Be careful now. And before I forget..." I recover a simple thin cloak from my pack and cover myself "Better than being seen blood-covered by the servants, though still… " Alfie nods. He starts storing connection, becoming less noticeable, and follows at Satsu's heel.

I approach the gate and wave to the guard "Nice weather today!" He greets me, and I pass him without incident. I inform my butler that I worked late and desire not to be disturbed for a while, and that Alfie was to be fed, and head to my room for a well deserved nap. "So, Alfie, do you want this spike?"

Alfie slowly nodded and spoke."I do. Though you should refill your metal reserves before you start any surgery.Not that I don't trust you, but you're bleeding to death."

"Very well. Alas, you are correct, and I am in no condition to properly install it. I can do a temporal if you want. I am not bleeding, but I will collapse, and very soon."

Alfie replies. “A temporal would be fine."

"Very well." - I reach my room, and get a rool of bandages. "Please come here”

Alfie goes after him.

"I swallow a few more beads of Nicrosil, feeling it flare up, and redirect some Investiture into it, refilling my metalminds some. I carefully recover the spike and bend the temporal down. It is short, not even going to the muscle, but it touches blood, so the spike won't decay. Though the usage will be impaired some until proper installation"

Alfie spoke. "I am fine with that. With feruchemy, I remember..."

I press it against Alfie's skin, and affix it by bandages.

"...It's a lot easier to tap a lot of it than with allomancy."

"Yes." I eat some more Nicrosil. I undress, hide my bloodstained clothes and wash my hands. then I collapse into the bed. "I will sleep now"

Alfie replied softly“Goodnight. It was a good day. See you in 24 hours." He then went to retrieve a pewter amulet from Satsu's stock. He would store what little he could, eat, hide from people, and prepare for the next day.

Edited by Nepene

I slept. It was a heavy, dangerous sleep of somebody recovering from pewter drag. My body burned pewter, but the damage was extensive. My reliance on my investiture grew, and even in my sleep I continued to tap my metalminds at a steady rate. I slept, and I dreamed. Dreamed once again of the heavy, twisted metal machinery, covered with grease that could seemingly eat even the soul. Twisted and warped, broken yet whole, it threatened to consume me as I fell though it, through and towards an endless abyss. I was not alone. My cat was with me, as always, old, silent, enigmatic, my normal perception of her more of reflection of my desires. She knew life and death, and she cared not. On the edge of my perception were others. Humans, ripped and screaming silently. Threads of shadow connecting me to the cats carrying splinters of my soul. The metal twisted around me, almost touching, devouring Investiture leaking from the holes in my spirit. Inside the metal was light, bipartite, grey and blinding. It watched me, with amusement and faint distaste, a remnant of mortal age. Harmony saw me, and I saw it. The Shard was vast, by Investiture barely enough to comprehend the vastness. It was in the metal, in the mists, in everything. But it rarely interfered, and that was a great boon.

And still the great abyss beckons, but for this day, I have enough power to be. Slowly, my dreams become normal ramblings of sleeping mind.

I wake up in my bed, disoriented, my head pounding and my body aching. I become aware of Health in my bracer. I also become aware of bruises surrounding it. Sleeping with jewelry on was apparently not the best idea. Still, liberal doses of Health and Investiture clear my mind. I glance at the timepiece in the corner. Apparently I slept for the rest of the day, night and until midday again. I stand up and look around, wondering what Alfie was up to all this time.

Sadness follows happiness. It was like, a person being happy made them accustomed to it. Used to it. Humans were weird like that. They had their emotional extremes, their upswings, but then suddenly they were twice as vulnerable to a crushing depression after. Alfie rioted the street performer's happiness. He was doing a dance for the people, jumping and twisting so he could get a few pennies.

Alfie then rioted the man harder, filling him with sadness. The man slumped, and lost his move. People walked by him, unimpressed by the discordant dance. That would show the man for stealing his food.

If you gave a person just a little bit of one emotion they were suddenly a whole lot more sensitive to the opposite kind of emotion. He could control these people. He could flare his zinc and make them dance and sing. it would feel so good. He was safe. He'd been experimenting.

Earlier he had gone to the back of a restaurant. A fancy place, not known to be friendly to cats. He'd tapped connection, rioted the man's awe and friendliness. He got more food there than he'd got before from the friendliest of places. Not just scraps. An actual meal. These people. He had them. He could control them.

He'd stolen a metal mind from Satsu's desk. A little bracelet that could attach around a cat's leg, made of pewter. He'd been charging it up as he walked. He couldn't store much, the metal wasn't complete, but he could already feel a buzz of power.

He used that too. There was a massive person who'd driven him out of his gang. A tawny furred man, covered in scars. He went up to him, challenged him to a fight, knocked him out with one powerful blow, and pissed on his face.

He could probably get laid if he went back to the women. He saw some of them swooning.

All this power was giving him a total rush.

He went across the city, senses keen, avoiding seekers, righting wrongs and experimenting. He was really starting to enjoy these powers. For the first time when he burnt electrum his future selves weren't warning him of death, they were telling him about the myriad possibilities the future held. It was glorious.

Many hours later he returned. His steel eye showed him that Satsu was still asleep. He leapt over the wall, soaring on wings of steel, and snuck in through an open window. He used his tin and steel to sneak through the corridors, avoiding any human contact, and went to a lab. He restocked his metals and fell asleep in the corner.

[ooc] Bah, life got me all distracted. I shall try to update the repercussions for now.

Felendwyl (I am relatively sure she wasn't named yet) has spotted us and reported to Sindred her suspicions. She is not considered quite stable, but he is more on his guard now. He will probably continue dealing with me, but will launch a discreet investigation at the same time.

Felendwyl herself is ever more suspicious, of course. She knows that I am not a Coinshot, and wonders about cats. As mosy people in Elendel, she is not aware of Hemalurgy (otherwise she would have used it to fulfill her dream of becoming a Ferring).

The rest of the Harmony's gang has dispersed, carrying with them rumors, one more wild than another. Rumors or not, however, for many smarter people it is obvious that something killed Harmony and driven crazy several of the gang members. The Kandra are aware of my (our) intervention. Likewise, some of the criminals have figured out the connection between that event and confused stories of a cat luring patrons of Inquisitor's spike to a trap leaving several mangled dead bodies and a critically wounded Seeker that clucks unceasingly. The cat has been seen here, though the description of either cat are not clear enough to show similarity between them. [/ooc]

I could see Alfie asleep in the corner. Well, now was not the time to bother him, though I'll have to implant the spike properly soon. I call for Finnar. He enters, seeming somewhat annoyed. Apparently, my excursions and subsequent sleep played havoc with my appointment schedule. I apologize, as he informs me that Lord Sindred have arranged for another meeting this day. He then leaves, leaving a large stack of paperwork behind for me to work through. Nya... Well, appearances are important. I sit and get to work. Unless something happens, it doesn't seem like I'll be able to leave the house today.

[Didn't see this post. Responding... I am fine with your delay.]

Alfie rubbed his paws together. Yes, mortals, you think you are safe but soon I will be the one on top. He dreamed.,.. He was gigantic, towering over the buildings, as tall as a mighty tower made by a very insecure lord. His paws, larger than train carriages, swung by his sides as he walked down the streets. A human stood in front of him. A man, with black hair, dark skin. He swiped the man up with his paw and tossed him into his maw. Delicious. He continued stiding down the street. Then from down the street marched the man's house hold goods. Wooden chairs, tables, knives and forks, clothes racks. They strode down the street at him...

Bright. Light. Metal. He saw a table. He reflexively flared his zinc and slammed it against the table's soul... No.

He blinked, confused. He was in the lab. He steadily got to his feet. He wasn't being attacked by the household goods. He was safe. Finny was leaving. He waited till the man had left (checking with his steel sight. He may be sleepy but he was no fool) and Satsu had started doing work and then jumped up onto his table, on a corner free from goods.

"Hi Satsu. What plans do you have for today?"

"Plans. Yes. " - I poke at bandages on Alfie's torso - "We better find some time to implant this spike properly. Same goes for me."

I sigh, the action causing a temporal to shift slightly. Uncomfortable.

"Except I won't have the benefit of anybody supervising the operation from outside. This spike is fine, but there are other placements that are very hard. Ah well."

"After that, I expect I'll be busy with common work. I think Terrisman is going to visit again today. He'll probably have that guard with him. You should be careful..." - I yawn. Still not enough rest, it would seem.

"In the meanwhile, there is a thing that concerns me. These two days, we engaged in very noticeable operations. By now, the rumours are probably all over the city. It would help if you were to investigate, maybe find a way to either quiet those rumors down or at least direct them. Otherwise... Well, take a look anyway. See if somebody connects the strange happenings with this place. Before that, however, I suggest you eat. Or would you prefer operation first? Though I am afraid there won't be any time for that before breakfast."

Alfie pawed the spike, not complete, piercing his skin. A piece of another's soul stapled to his own. At least it wasn't a mental one. The connection spike was ok, it felt right on him, but he would be more worried about taking some enemy of his own's soul and stapling a fragment of their mind to his own.

"I am ready for the spike whenever. Also, I was thinking about my recent actions. I have been rather public recently as you said. Could we buy a black dye of some sort, so i could change my fur color, at least for a month or so? They will likely be chasing a specific color of cat, and I doubt they will know cats well enough to attack me. Then I could go out and as you say, reduce the rumours. Perhaps I could make those who spread word of me seem crazy to their companions. Then few people would believe me. Or I could spread more rumours of me being a Kandra. I could even capture some of those who talk, if they have allomancy, and bring them back to you now I have pewter."

I couldn't help myself. The stress must have been getting to me, since I have vividly imagined Alfie in many colors, ranging from normal cat coloring to incredibly bizarre hairdos. I had the dyes. The concept amused me enough to snerk and break into laughter. I laughed for about 5 minutes, only stopping when movement scraped  a temporal across one of my ribs.

[ooc]I have tried to illustrate my imagination. As you know, I am not good with drawing, but the results at least seem cat-like.[/ooc]

"Soory about that. It appear that I may need more rest than I thought. Changing your fur color is a good idea, though I only have the skill to make you into monotone cat - I can't replicate fur patterns like stripes well. So, what'd it be? Black, white, orange? Something in-between, like those fancy blue breeds? Though you did mention black... Since you'd have to take a bath in the dye, I suppose we'd have to do this just before operation, since I don't keep a cat-sized tub here..."

I hear the steps outside.

"Ah, this must be breakfast."

And indeed, Finnar arrives with a tray that he sets on the table. aroma of fried fish wafts from it. He also brings some more paperwork and my schedule. I thank him, and he withdraws.

"Well then, it looks like breakfast comes first."

The laughter flashed into Alfie's head. Alfie had a vivid image of himself dyed green with a pink mushroom dyed on his chest, a jovial and insane image which burnt itself in front of his eyes. He let lose a giggle. He didn't...This image didn't feel like it was from his head. It felt different. He wasn't the most stable of people at the best of times but this image felt like it came from someone more broken than him.

Was it from Satsu? Leaking through their spikes? Perhaps he could stop the bond. He stored connection, feeling his bonds to the world vanish, and felt the image fade away. Then as the laughter died down he released his connection.

He scratched his face with his paws and wrapped his tail around his feet, breathing slowly and calmly. He'd deal.

"I know black dyes are very dominant. Some weaker dye might weaken over time, revealing my color. Not many cats dye their hair so I would look really out of the normal. Plus I would look good in black."

Alfie quietened down as the man entered. He wondered what Finnar thought of his master talking to creatures who he presumed could not talk back. A mystery for the future. He was hungry. He set upon his meal eagerly.

I watch Alfie eat for a moment before joining him. The breakfast was good, as usual, though my sense of taste was not like it once was - no cat could taste sweetness, after all, so my own ability in that regard was reduced. Good for my teeth, nya.

That done, it was time for the operation, and color change. I  tell that to Alfie, and leave the room, trusting him to follow me. I lead him to the entrance to the larger, underground lab where the previous operation has taken place. This operation will be much easier, since the form of the spike was specifically designed for easy entry into the cat's body. Nya... I wince at the though of having to cut up myself, though. At least I'll be able to heal instantly. I look around, and without spotting anyone, I descent into the laboratory.

"Yes, glossy black should be fine. Hmm. Indigo and henna mix should work. Better not paint you with metal oxides, many of them are toxic. The process will use powdered Zinc as reduction agent, something I have in abundance and you'll be able to burn off if it gets into your bloodstream after reforming." - I talk largely to myself, as I prepare a strange-smelling mixture in a large vat. After that is done, I lay out my instruments necessary for the operation, and look around for Alfie.

[ooc]Henna+indigo should give glossy, bluish-black color, if I understand it correctly.

Also, EVENT: I have not spotted her, but Felendwyl have seen us go out of the building, though she have not spotted the entrance, being careful to keep her distance. Please decide or roll for yourself if Alfie have noticed her. Either way, she may move in to kidnap Alfie after he emerges.

[/ooc]

(OOC. I made a stat block for her and rolled based on it. She is observing from a distance on the rooftops and Alfie missed her. He mostly avoids using tin since it hurts his eyes. With it he could have probably spotted her. 40 vs 44)

Alfie finished off the delicious meal and then followed Satsu at his request into the operation room. He was ready for the operation and would do what had to be done.

He jumped up onto the table, lay down, and prepared for the spike. Maybe he'd get to be high again.

"I would not want to be poisoned, so thank you."

He was ready.

OOC. Built to be an effective villain.

Felendwyl. Physique 5 Wits 4 Charm 2

Resources 2 Influence 3 Spirit 2

Traits. Crazy hot. She is physically beautiful but deranged. She is very charming when silent, but far less so once she opens her mouth.

Master of stealth, just stealth. She is excellent at stealthy attacks and has a fine balance, but is not hugely strong.

Feruchemical knowledge. She knows a great deal about feruchemy.

Seductive favors. She has enhanced influence with feruchemist she has been intimate from.

Blacksmith with benefits. She is able to acquire many unique metallic items from the foundry.

Nervous wreck. She understands the nervous system well, and knows effective ways to acquire poisons to damage it or to torture it.

Disliked by the court. Due to her criminal record, she is in poor standing if she has any legal challenges.

Powers. Tin 7. Stunts. Blindsight, vision memory.

Equipment. Steel dagger, pistol and bullets, several aluminium bullets, rope and grapple.

Destiny. Becoming a ferring of any sort (she hopes).

Tragedy. Spent most of her young life in prison for stealing, was helped out by socially conscientious feruchemists.

"Very well, let's go with the spike first."

I point to the table. "This one should be easy enough. I'll just make a small cut in your skin, slip it inside and clip it on your rib with the point going inside. I'll numb the area, of course."

I explain the procedure in some detail as I lay out the instruments and the white powder used for numbing.

"After I am sure the entry wound is secure, you'll have to take a bath in that" - I gesture at the small tub full of green-black mixture smelling of beans and metal, -"And wait for a while, as it goes into your fur and starts to oxidize. After that, we shall wash it off, and you can dry up in front of the furnace, there, while I install my own spike."

[ooc]

Please indicate if we should perform the whole operation over IRC. If you want, you can skip over it and go to the point of Alfie exiting the building, when Felendwyl would probably try to kidnap you.

[/ooc]

Alfie knelt down, then leapt onto the table, ready for this operation. The last one had gone ok so he wasn't that afraid. He'd deal.

"I am ready for the operation when you are Satsu."

Alfie listened to the description. A spike going into him. He was ready but it did feel weird.

(OOC I'll skip the operation. One is enough.)

Newly colored and dyed, spike at the ready, Alfie went out of the house. He went to a side alley and ran up a wall with the aid of his steel, ready to make his way to the inquisitor's spike. Perhaps he could find those people again.

I finished installing the spike - complete with a small metalmind -  in myself, and purred in relief as tapped Health - I should get around to refilling it soon - healed the entry wound. This was going to prove very useful. Combined with my Investiture, I could make a small bit of Health go a long, long way, even refilling the metalmind as I used it, at the cost of increased dependency on Nicrosil. I swallowed another bead, and went on to clean the place up - the dye did smell quite dreadfully, nya. Alfie wouldn't help with that, on account of not having arms flexible enough, and maybe other reasons, like lazyness, nya! All to the best, of course. A lot of things here required a steady hand.

It took a while to wash off, dry and place all the instruments. Curiously peaceful activity. After I was done, I grabbed some more samples for upcoming meeting and returned to my study to engage in paperwork.

[ooc]

In the meanwhile, Felendwyl spots a black cat running up the wall and proceeding to  move in general south direction, making unnaturally long leap as in neared the gap between buildings. It so happens that the cat is moving in the direction of the roof she is on, and, with the wind blowing at her from the cat, she could smell a strange smell of herbs mixed with hot metal. (Dyestuff, will take a while to wear off completely).

If the cat were to continue, it would pass quite close to her hiding place. She finds a hefty brick nearby, and prepares to throw.

You have indicated that you would like a confrontation. So far, she wants to take a cat alive, so she doesn't use a gun immediately.

[/ooc]

[OOC. Feeling lazy. Tired from overwork due to exams and stuff of others. Here is what I've done. You can do your next post if you wish, or continue this. ]

Alfie leapt up onto the roof and quickly ran in the direction of the bar. He burnt electrum.
Will there be any danger when I reach the Inquistor's Spike, he asked his future self?
"Nothing you cannot avoid easily". Confident he continued on, using a touch of steel to boost his agility.

Felendwyl, standing far to the side, spotted a cat that smells of metal and herbs, running up the wall. She picked up a brick and threw it,
tin guiding her throw. The brick flew straight and true, striking the abnormal beast right in the flank.

Alfie cried out in pain and slid along the rooftop, his head spinning. He pushed against a knife in a wall far away, embedding it in the wall to slow his movement.
Alfie slid to a stop, his rib burning in his chest, steel behind him. With tin making everything, including his pain burn hot
and steel together he sweept his eyes out, looking to see who attacked him. Shadows of electrum danced before his eyes, telling her she was
right ahead of him. Then, shaking it off, he burnt steel and flew out to the side, looking to flank her.

Felendwyl whips out her pistol and advances, seeking a good angle to hit a leg. She switches the bullet to aluminium, having seen the cat
use steel before, and aimed the gun at Alfie's hind leg, preparing to fire.

He blinked as his world started spinning. Then, shaking it off, he burnt steel and flew out to the side, looking to flank her. He pushed against her gun,
trying to alter the trajectory anywhere but him. Bang! The bullet wooshed over his head. That was close. Too close.

She curses, since she only has 3 Aluminium bullets left, and they are expensive. She switches to another bullet, draws dagger and advances
warily.

Alfie tapped some of his pewtermind to strengthen himself, and pushed hard on her dagger, making it slice at her. He'd show her for
attacking him. She was not nearly strong enough to keep on to the dagger. Alfie's steelpush pushed her hand back and twisted it anough to give her a scratchs on ther chest.

Alfie was pushed back to the roof's edge

As Alfie's push eases, she curses vehemently and throws the dagger down into the space between the buildings. Metal is apparently of
little use against Alfie. She picks up another brick and before Alfie can react, she throws another brick.

Alfie started to move off but heard a brick sailing towards him. He twisted away from it, and it slammed into his paw "Mewwwwwwww". He flew back, his mind thudding with pain, thrown off the roof.

Trying to land he sent pulses of steel out, but he could barely control it, and sent himself spinning. He rushed through the air and
hit the ground hard. He weakly got up, dazed and confused. Pretty lights spinning around my head. Round and round they go.

Felendwyl grabs the first brick lying nearby and waits for the cat to emerge, scanning the gap he fell into. She sees a cat staggering about and takes this opportunity to shoot it in the back leg with aluminium bullet

Alfie saw Felendwyl advancing and tried to use steel to move as far away as he could. In spasms and jerks he started flying away. But not fast enough. The bullet went through meaty part of the leg. Alfie starts bleeding

Alfie collapsed, his mind swimming with pain. Everything hurt. He was so dizzy. He had to get up...He flared tin.

Felendwyl sees the cats crash to the ground. However, there is no way down for normal human. And it is too far to jump. She looks around.

Alfie felt the clarity of agony.

She spots damaged stonework that she could climb while keeping an eye on the cat. She secures the rope and starts down

His mind didn't feel clear at all. Just pain. Endless pain. He staggered towards the edge of the alleyway

Edited by Nepene