Alloy of Law era Mistborn rp [currently accepting members]

Kestrel

The roleplay page of the AoL Mistborn rp.

planning/info and character page can be found-

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/24289-alloy-of-law-era-mistborn-rp-planningcharacters/

Please read the front post of the thread, and reply there before coming here. You MUST have your character accepted before roleplaying.

Edited by LarkoftheRiver

"I don't like this city."

"Tough."

"It has a bad air. We should go. No amount of money is worth our lives."

"Really, it'll be fine, Res."

"That's what you said the last time, and I got shot."

"Accident," Alahya snapped back, smirking slightly.

Resool groaned, looking down at her as he rolled his eyes. In truth, the place wasn't horrid. It wasn't any different than their hometown. But he still didn't like it. Didn't feel right. He could almost sense the danger in the air. Of course, Alahya was of the variety that didn't care. Ironeyes himself could come down and challenge her, and she'd probably walk right up and punch him in the face. Resool, on the other hand, was no fighter. How Alahya had ended up like that, he had no idea, seeing as he practically raised her.

It was, however, obvious that the pair weren't the slightest bit related. Resool was tall, lanky, like most Terrismen were, with a shaven head and metalminds on his arms. Alahya, on the other side of the coin, was small and short, with a slim but strong build. Unlike Resool, she did have some strength in her. Her hair was dark and short, kept that way for ease of fighting. And she was quite younger.

"Come on; I'm tired of waiting here. Let's go see the place. Maybe find somewhere to stay the night," the young Allomancer said with a grin, kicking her dusky beige stallion into a trot. Resool sighed, obviously defeated, and nudged his own black mare forward as well. The two animals had been given to them by a friend, and he was just now learning the temperment of his beast. The animal was hard to control, given his skill as a rider, or rather, lack there of. Alahya was a bit better, but she had an older, more calmer mount.

And so, the pair began down the strange town's street, Alahay leading the way, Resool struggling to bring up the rear.

Bella walked up to the metallurgist's shop. It was her 16th birthday and she'd wanted to get herself tested for allomancy and feruchemy. She knew it was unlikely that she, of all people, would be an Misting or a Ferring, but she'd wanted to be sure.

"Hi." Bella smiled, waving her hand as she walked in the shop.

"Hey." The metallurgist responded. "What metals do ya want?"

"Oh, I was wonderin' if I could get tested. You know, for bein' a Metalborn."

"Ya know it's really rare, right?"

"Kinda."

"First the allomancy test or the feruchemy test?" The metallurgist asked.

"Allomancy." Bella held out her hand.

"First the money. Ya think it's easy to get metals like gold up here?"

"Fine." Bella forked over a wad of cash. She had saved up to buy herself this test. "But if I actually have an ability-"

"Not likely." The Metallurgist interupted.

"If I do." Bella said.

"If ya do."

"Then I want the metals to go with it."

"Sure, sure." The Metullargist shrugged. "Knock yaself out." He took out a metal vial.

"Has all 14 of the useful metals?" Bell asked.

"Yas, yas. Why so paranoid?"

"Just bein' careful." Bella drank it down.

She felt somethin'. A... buzzing in her body. It filled her up. Almost a... reserve of power. Something that wanted her to use it. So, she tried to push on that power. She tried to use it.

The power started moving. It didn't seem to have a target, though. It needed to go somewhere. So... not Steel or Iron since I'm not seein' any blue lines. Not bronze because I ain't hearin' no pulsings. Copper? Brass, zinc?

"Yah right, I told ya..." The metallurgist trailed off. "Nicrosil misting?"

"What, ya a bronze mistin' or somethin'? How do ya know?" Bella asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"Yes." Nicrosil... Bella thought. Ain't that one of those enhancement metals? She thought. She tried to send the power to the metallurgist, who claimed to be a bronze misting. His eyes widened. He gasped.

"So loud." He shook his head. His eyes went back to normal. "Yep, ya're a Nicroburster fa sure. I hear there's some people who pay pretty well for Nicrobursters."

"Where? And I want some of those vials too."

"Some are passin' through town. Go and find them yaself. Here's yar stupid vials." He shoved a box in her face. It was made of wood and it looked like it'd have splinters. Take what ya can get. She opened the box and it was split up into different cells. Each had a glass vial in it. The metal was shiny. Bella took one vial out and slipped it into her pocket. Then she put box in her bag.

"Can I take the Feruchemy test too?" Bella asked. "There's enough for both." The metallurgist counted her money. He gave her a ring. It had multiple metals on it. She put it on and tried to shove stuff inside of it. It failed. "Oh well. Too good to be true, bein' Twinborn too." Bella shrugged and walked out the door.

Alahya had taken the lead, looking around at the street. At least the place was busy, unlike some of the other towns they had been called to for criminal hunting. Luckily her horse wasn't protesting; he had slown to a walk and was calmly clip-clopping down the street.

Sadly, Resool wasn't so lucky. It could be worse, he thought. It could be bucking me off onto the pavement. The mare hadn't elected to do that, she was just being very stubborn, tossing her head and occasionally stopping or moving in the wrong direction. Trains were so much easier. And cooperative.

He was falling behind Alahya, and was trying to get the black mare to go faster and catch up. But the trip had caused her to become sluggish, and she responded sluggishly, only speeding up her walk a tad before slowing again. Resool wondered futilly if his powers would work on a horse.

Suddenly, she stopped, tossing her head up with a sharp neigh. A small dog had run under her hooves, and had startled her. Resool tried to gain control back, saying "easy, easy," pulling back on the reigns. She still kept up her little show, causing him to mutter a slew of Terris curses, taking the reigns and jerking them back harder, causing her to nearly back into someone, a girl of about sixteen.

Bella walked out of the metallurgist's shop and turned around the corner.

"Where could I go?" She wondered out loud. She kept walking aimlessly. Elendel, perhaps? But that's so far away and trains are expensive. Maybe I could get a job with some other Misting, boosting their allomancy in exchange for money and a place to live.

Bella lived by herself. She worked at a shop, but she had a feeling that the person paying her now was goin' outta business sometime soon. She had a feelin' for that sort of thing.

Bella turned another corner and then she sawa the horse.

It was out of control. There was a small dog beneath its hooves and it seemed to be panicked. The horse was facing away from her and the horse stumbled backwards and nearly hit her.

Bella jumped back in surprise. The vial of metal she had stuffed into her pocket fell out, crashing on the ground. Bella tried to grab it, but the flakes already washed away, beneath the rabid horse's feet.

"Rust and Ruin!" Bella cursed. She looked up. The horse had a rider on it. A man. He was yelling in Terris. Bella didn't know much Terris but it sounded angry and perhaps it was a bit of cursing. Bella raised her hands in the air. "Sorry, so sorry. I didn't mean to get in your way. But my Nicrosil is under your horse's feet. I don't suppose you could get him to back up so I can get it? I can't-"

Bella's voice caught. A lot of her savings had gone to getting herself tested. "I can't... I can't afford losing that metal. I just discovered my allomancy and I need all the help I can get. Please."

Didn't want these to be both super long so I put it into spoiler tags. 

Freson

Freson felt the train jerk to a stop and heard the bell ringing three times meaning he was here, his new town. Freson stopped charging his steel minds and his body moved unnaturally fast. That always happened after he got use to the agonizing slowness is body goes through after he is done charging. He has charged his minds for the whole train ride giving his a heft amount of running time. 

He gave himself a stretch and started to walk down the aisle toward the exit door. His heart was pumping for Freson was about to begin his new life, a new journey, into this Rough town. The newcomer was to meet his cousin Afrin and take a stay at his place. Freson has only meet his cousin once before when the Roughborn visited Elendel and it did not end well. Lady Cett's eldest granddaughter became infatuated with him, the servants still say that she proclaims her love for him when she prays to Harmony. 

Freson still had fears of being in this new place, especially on the outskirts of the Roughs. The train ride is a clear sign of the people who live there. It started in Elendel's center where everyone was clear crisp but as time went on and more people left or joined the type of people changed. It was small at first with it going from upperclass nobility to middle class or property but then it turned to farmers and coal covered workers on the outer rims of the Elendel Basin. Past the mountains and into the Roughs was the most significant change with people carrying guns around willy nilly and fights breaking out every time someone insults another criminal's mother. Freson was afraid that these were the people he would have to spend his time with. 

He finally reached the exit door and he had to push it open with little strength. "Odd." He thought, looking confused. "That did not happen in Elendel. It was like just being in the Roughs everything became poorer and unreliable."

He stepped out onto the dirty sand of the Roughs and felt somewhat perverted being there. "Maybe this wasn't the right choice." He second guessed himself. "But it is to late now, can't go back after what happened. I wonder what i might do here? Maybe become an Lawman."

He heard shouting coming from about five hundred feet from him. A crowd has assembled it what had to be townsquare and a gallow was at the center of the crowd. There was a man standing there with a rope around his neck, about to die. Freson squinted his eyes to see who the man was, if only he was Tineye. Luckily a patch of clouds moved and sunlight bathed the area, giving a clear look onto the deadman's face. Then city man's blood ran cold for he recognized the face and knew immediately who it was, it was the only man he knew in all of the Roughs. It was his cousin Afrin. 

Edited by spencer12347

Kherstor Suteruduen stepped off the train. It was already getting late by the time the train had finally pulled into the station, and the sun was only a few hours away from setting- but clearly it had been worth the wait. Callingfale spread out in front of him, a rustic city in the middle of nowhere. With the Tyrian sea on one side, an ocean of desert on the other- the railway separated the two like a faultline, and dry wooden buildings littered the landscape around the station for miles. If you squinted at the horizon, you could even make out the silhouettes of mountains in the distance. It felt good to see the roughs again. Kherstor had grown up at  Drypost, the boarder of the basin- and had always longed to go out further into the badlands ever since he was in his teens. Kherstor picked up his bags, holstered his pistol- and put on his wide brimmed hat. There was always work for a bounty hunter, here in the badlands- especially for a professional like himself. It was his prey that had drawn him out to the Roughs in the first place, another ragtag scumbag misting gang- notorious for using their powers to commit devious crimes. Kherstors specialty. Only this time he wouldn't be doing it alone, a respectable lawkeeper called Finner was also hunting after the same group- and over a few drinks they decided that it would make more sense to hunt together than separately. Finner was also a twinborn, like Kherstor- but specializing in tracking and not fighting, unlike Kherstor who fought Allomancers for a living. Turning off the street into an alley, to beeline straight for the Sherriffs Office where he would meet up with Finner- Kherstor walked nonchalantly into the shade of the neighboring buildings to shorten his journey by a few minutes. He had only just turned the corner when a shady man with a cap pulled over his eyes and a missing tooth stepped out in front of him, barricading the path, and raised a filthy knife to Kherstors chin.

"Nice bags you got there, stranger-"

Kherstor tapped zinc without a thought. He had had plenty of time to fill the zinc hidden in his teeth and shoes on the train- and now his thoughts seemed to rush through and around him like the speeding train. By the way the man held himself, he could deduce he was Pewterarm. The shoulders, the posture- Kherstor had seen enough rogues spoilt with power to know the signs. Clearly, this one had realized that it was easier to rob people with his divine powers than apply them usefully- any pewterarm would be welcome in any laboring work, yet this man had the arrogance to waste his skills. Disgusted, Kherstor burned chromium; pulled out his long, slender revolver- and promptly shot the thug in the foot. When a thug burned pewter, it usually made them oblivious to pain- so the brute only smiled smugly at the gesture. As the chromium took hold though, his face constricted in horror as his pewter reserves all dissipated instantly. Unused to the intense pain, the cutthroat fell to the dirty floor- writhing in pain. Kherstor let go of zinc and chromium. The entire transaction couldn't have lasted more than three seconds.  Kherstor walked on, leaving the thug in the alley- it wasn't worth his time arresting a small fry cutthroat. As he left the alley and the groans behind him, Kherstor couldn't help but smile. It felt good to see the roughs again.  

[oh man, y'all's two posts. This should be interesting.]

Resool had finally gotten the animal calmed, and the dog had run off, unharmed by the stamping hooves. She snorted, tossing her head up and down once more, ears plastered back.

"Sorry, that was my fault. Nothing to worry about. Let me get that for you; I don't want to see you hurt with this insufferable beast," he replied, his thickly accented voice gentle. It was obvious he was from the mountains.

He carefully climbed off the mare, holding her reigns as he reached down for the small vial of.. nicrosil, didn't she say? He swirled it around, looking for cracks in the vial before handing it back to her. "A new Allomancer? How fun. I remember when I had Alahya tested. There were times I couldn't even find her or catch her. Sliders..."

"Hey! Res! What in thuh name of the Survivor are you doing?" A snapish voice said, followed by the patter of hooves. Resool glanced over to see Alahya scowling at them, looking more confused than anything.

Yawning, Finner sauntered down a fairly empty Callingfale street. His eyes wandered lazily over the buildings, taking in the happenings with a lethargy that belied the keenness in his gaze. A fellow dismounted from his horse to speak with a young, pretty lady. A dog scuttled down a side alley. A woman swept her porch while a little girl played around her mother's feet (Finn looked quickly away from that sight). There were a few clouds in the sky, but mostly the sun had free reign to bake the town and its inhabitants as it willed. Finner had long since grown used to that- just as he'd gotten used to the desert dust and the crude Roughs people. In fact, it wasn't too different from the city slums he hailed from. But he tried not to think about that too much. Things were different out here. He was different, for Ruin's sake.

The twinborn tipped down his wide-brimmed hat against the sun's brilliant rays, easing up his burning tin a bit and immediately feeling twice as drowsy as he continued to fill his bronze metalmind. Darned daytime. Finner worked best under cover of night, with nobody watching but the stars. And now, apparently, his new partner in crime- or rather, partner in law. Judging by the sun, it was about time for him to be meeting Kherstor at the Sheriff's building, which was, unfortunately, rather close to where Finn was currently wandering. He'd have to take a couple detours to avoid being on time. Sighing, the ragged man took a swig from his hip flask and turned down a random alley.

Suddenly, a shot rang through the air. Finner jumped and immediately began tapping his metalmind. His stifling drowsiness was instantly replaced with a startling wakefulness, and his thoughts turned quickly towards the dagger and dart-gun hidden in his leather vest. His tin-enhanced ears picked up whimpers of pain a street or two away. Male adult, by the sound of it, which eased his urgency a tad. Shots weren't a rare sound in Roughs towns. Probably a mugging. Or a regular old brawl. Still, curiosity got the best of him, and Finn ambled towards where the sound came from, snatching a cooling pastry from a windowsill as he walked.

He slowed to a stop, however, when he heard footsteps coming from an alley ahead of him. A man stepped out, smiling in a dangerous way. Finner quickly identified him as Kherstor. Perfect, he thought dryly. Although meeting him here did mean avoiding a visit to the Sheriff's office- he hated that place- Finn had hoped to grab a few more snacks before they began hunting down dangerous misting gangs. Hopefully, Kherstor would be accommodating. If not, they would both have a real rough time of it.

"Ho, Kherstor," Finner drawled. "Fancy meetin' you here."

Kherstor grinded his teeth, of course the lawkeeper with enhanced senses would come running at the sound of a gunshot- how careless it had been to use the gun so recklessly. Kherstor quickly flicked his long green coat over his holster, and readjusted his hat. Finner may be his partner for now, but he was still a lawkeeper- and the law didn't approve of shooting people in the foot much.

"Finner! What a coincidence, I was making my way to the Sheriffs Office now- though I thought I'd just quickly introduce myself to the locals before we got too busy. After all, with both of us on the job- this case will be over as quick as walking through a park, who knows when I'll have the chance to get this far into the roughs again?" Kherstor shot a friendly grin, but Finners face never changed. His expression was a little too intense, was he tapping his bronze for an adrenaline rush? Well, two could play at that game. Kherstor, begun to speak again- but before he did, tapped his concealed zinc metalmind once more. Immediately, the signs leaped out in front of him.

In one of Finners hand, a steaming pasty. Steaming. Usually, that kind of detail would brush past any other human, but not a Sparker. His other hand was hanging off the lapel of his leather vest. The hip flask was hanging on his belt. The hat, pulled just low enough so that Kherstor could make out those searching eyes. It all sorted in front of him, twisting to form new information. Finner didn't smell of kitchen, yet that pasty could have only been taken out of an oven just now. Why was his other hand on his lapel, and not the flask? When they first met, he couldn't go a few moments without reaching for it. The hat, pulled just low enough so that Kherstor could make out those searching eyes. 

"You..." 

Finner couldn't have gotten a pasty unless he was already running when he grabbed it. Finner wouldn't have wasted time buying a pasty if he came running at the sound of a gunshot. He had to have taken it en route, but he didn't pay for it. He stole it. But he was also a lawkeeper. He was reaching for his lapel because there was something more important there than his flask. The hat, pulled just low enough so that Kherstor could make out those searching eyes. 

Kherstor smiled, and let go of the zinc.

"... going to shoot me or what?" Those searching eyes widened with surprise.

"I didn't kill him, if that's what you think. Just taught him a lesson he won't forget- I probably just saved a few lives."

Finner was tensing, but his hand on his lapel dropped. So he was reaching for something.

"If you're hungry, I can just buy you some food. No need to rush, right?"

That seemed to work, Finners expression visibly lightened at the prospect. Kherstor couldn't help smiling smugly again, he tried to make it look like it was meant to be friendly.

"Lead the way, partner." he smiled- showing a row of white teeth, dotted with a few metal ones.

Edited by Unodus

"Sorry, that was my fault. Nothing to worry about. Let me get that for you; I don't want to see you hurt with this insufferable beast," The man said. He had a very thick accent. Mayhap a mountain one? Bella sighed in relief. He wasn't angry at her.

He climbed off his horse and he gave her the vial. It was cracked, but wasn't broken as bad as Bella had thought. She sighed in relief for the second time. These were valuable. "A new Allomancer? How fun. I remember when I had Alahya tested. There were times I couldn't even find her or catch her. Sliders..." The man trailed off.

There was another person. Seemingly annoyed with the man. They were also on a horse. Rust and Ruin, what's up with these people and horses?

"Thank you!" Bella smiled gratefully at him. The other person was speaking, though. She didn't think he heard her.

"Hey! Res! What in thuh name of the Survivor are you doing?" The person said, scowling at the man.

"I'm sorry!" Bella blushed. "It's my fault, I got in his way. I'll go now." She turned around and started moving. Wait. Didn't he mention something about a Slider? So he knows allomancers. Maybe... just maybe I could get... She paused. Nah. I shouldn't bother these kind folk any more then I already have. Bella kept walking. 

Finner

Kherstor's smile, undaunted by the hyper scrutiny it was under, was really beginning to put Finner on edge. It was a friendly grin, but it also gave the impression that its wearer knew something you didn't. After all, who knew what that Sparker brain of his was thinking? During their first meeting, Finner hadn't much noticed anything different about the man. At the time, he had been rather put off by Kherstor's amicable demeanor. But it was now clear that this was a dangerous fellow. Finn could still clearly hear the injured man in the alleyway, who was now attempting to scramble to his feet and softly yelping with every other footfall. Leg shot, then?

"Sure, sure," agreed Finner, deciding to act unaffected. "Ain't too hungry, but I'll never say no to a bite." As if to prove this, he broke the pastry in two and popped half of it in his mouth, biting down. The hot jelly in the center scalded his tin-sensitive tongue, and he quickly spat it out onto the ground, cursing violently. "Blasted cook. Gave me a rotten pastry," he claimed, tossing the rest of the tart behind him casually and taking a long chug from his hip flask.

"Well anyway, Ironteeth," Finner continued as he lowered the flask, "as long as you don't shoot my leg, I'll gladly let you replace the pastry." He hoped the reference to the mythical Ironeyes would not be lost on Kherstor. It seemed awfully confident of the man to keep his metalminds in such a visible place. Assuming those were his metalminds, anyway. 

"And let's hurry, shall we? I'm starved half to death," added the twinborn. Those shiny teeth are rather intimidating, Finn thought as he began walking back towards the bakery. Doesn't help that he keeps smiling like that.

Rasa

"Nicrobursters,"  the old metallurgist, Jinks, said grumpily, shaking his head. "Been a while. I forgot what it was like to have your own metals flared by someperson else."

Rasa looked up from where he sat in the corner of the shop. His hands were occupied, as usual, with pieces of metal. These ones would form a gun when assembled.

"Ain't right," continued his mentor. The man rubbed his temple and winced. "Ain't right at all. Why, last time I met one, I..."

As per usual, Jinks' voice faded away as Rasa tuned him out to focus on his work. The boy's slender fingers worked to fit the pieces together quickly and skillfully. His thoughts wandered aimlessly. That girl who came in here. She doesn't know how lucky she is. Very few people found themselves able to burn one of the metals they swallowed. Not only did they have to be a Misting, they also had to have Snapped already- not to mention that many of those lucky few ended up accidentally burning the wrong metal and getting horribly sick. Nobody had died yet, but there had been some rather close calls during Rasa's apprenticeship here.

"...Boy? Did you hear me?" snapped Jinks, interrupting his train of thought. When Rasa looked up at him guiltily, the older man continued, "We're runnin' low on coal. Go get some more," he repeated irritably, tossing the boy some money.

Rasa quickly set down the half assembled gun and caught it. Nodding obediently, he stood and hurried out the door.

Edited by Lady Eowyn

Resool laughed softly, dismissing Alahya with a wave of his hand. "No bother. Don't worry about her." He paused, looking to the shorter woman on the horse. "Alahya, she's a nicrosil misting."

Alahya paused for a moment, looking a bit taken aback. "That girl? You're kidding."

"Nope, not kidding. Could be useful. Hm?"

"Maybe but.. she's too darn young! Rust and ruin! She'sa child!" Alahya snapped in reply, leaning back in the saddle a bit.

"She looks older than you."

"Does not."

"Yes she does. You're short."

Alahya glowered at him, narrowing her eyes before slipping off the stallion's back, walking over. As she got close she gave Resool a light-hearted punch in the shoulder, then looked to the young Allomancer. "What's ya name, kid?"

Sorry for the double post but I have a character.

----------------------------------

Ven stepped off the train and out into the sunlight of the Roughs. He wore a hat and duster, and jeans. His hands were trembling though. He looked around the area and saw a metalurgist shop and several other buildings. He instinctively downed a vial, then burned bronze. He could pick up about 7 different pulses coming around Callingfale. Lawkeepers. Was he actually doing this? He saw a young woman on the street walked over to her.

" Excuse but do you know a place where you can find lodgings for the night?" He asked.

(You need to post on the thread linked above before joining, and explain your character before rping, please! You don't have to give the entire bio but we should at least know their powers and a general personality we can expect.)

Bella turned around as the woman slipped off of her horse. She punched the man in the shoulder and turned to Bella, who felt embarrassed. I shouldn't get in peoples' ways so much. If only I had been more careful.

"What's ya name, kid?" The woman asked.

Bella started walking back to where she was before, where the woman and the man were standing.

"I'm Bella." Bella mumbled, then realized they probably couldn't hear her. She blushed and looked to the ground . "I'm Bella. I'm really sorry I got in yar way, I'll be going now." She spoke louder. Loud enough for them to hear her, hopefully. "Bye. Sorry."

She turned back to where she was going and took a single step forward, then looked back over her shoulder, hopeful.

Alahya rolled her eyes as the girl, "Bella," turned away with a "I'm sorry I got in yar way; I'll be going now." She paused. "Bye. Sorry."

"Where do ya think yer goin'?" Alahya replied with a slight snap. "I wassn'ut finished wi' ya." Rust and ruin, this accent was hard for her. She was speaking with Resool, with a more formal, nearly Terris sounding voice and word choice. She wasn't good at this acting thing. "Ya said ye were a nicrosil Allomancer, ya? Don't ya be on a'lyin' to us. We could use a misting like yerself."

It was obvious that the older Terrisman didn't like this idea. He gave Alahya a shocked look, then looked at Bella, then back to her. "Al, you're mad." He shook his head, lowering his voice, bending down to speak with her more privately. "She's inexperienced. Just found out about her powers. Probably never fought before in her life. Would you really throw her into danger?"

Alahya rolled her eyes once more. "You can train her. You did with me. You're great with Allomancers. Anyway, she doesn't have to see the fighting. We could use a good nicrosil misting. And it looks like she could need our money."

Resool set his jaw, not liking the progression of the conversation, but he didn't make another disagreement. "Don't you dare force her into this, Alahya."

Alahya grinned, turning back to Bella. "Well, yo're in luck, kiddo. We got'cha a job, if ya want it."

Finner lead Khurstor into the dusty street- staying in parallel in distance to the sheriff office, Khurstor noted- not getting any closer, or moving any further from it, as if some invisible force was stopping them from getting any closer. 

"Well, if I'm Ironteeth-", Khurstor thought to himself as they walked, "then that must make you a drink-savant, with the way you can't put down that flask...". Khurster caught himself before he chuckled out loud at the notion. Any passerby would think he was crazy- the way he was grinning like he'd just discovered the lord rulers legendary atium cache. Rust, but it wasn't every day he got to see the furthest outpost of the roughs. Even if he had to shoot through the toes of every passerby in the city, Khurstor was pretty sure that there was nothing that could ruin this day for him. Hopefully.

The bakery came it to view, a robust brick building standing out among the tall wooden ones. A sign with the picture of an oven on it leaned out onto the street, hanging just above the doorway. The smell coming from inside was questionable at best, unfortunately.

"Have you ever tried a Locha? Its the towns specialty, cheap as rust" Finner said, swaying slightly. Was he drunk, or storing into his metalmind? Khurstor itched to know what was in that flask, but restrained himself from asking.

"Well, I'll try anything once" Khurstor responded as they walked in, and looked at the wall of a man behind the counter, who must have been the baker. Balding, with stained teeth and stained apron- he shouted out in a rough accent that Khurstor couldn't quite interpret, and Finner shouted something back at him in the same dialect while raising two outstretched fingers. The man sniffed loudly and nodded, and turned back to his work.

"Don't worry, you'll pick up the "language" here quick" Finner reassured, seeing Khurstors confusion- "Once you get in the flow of things here, it comes naturally."

Khurstor only nodded, his focus was on the baker. Instead of using the roaring oven that was lighting the room, he poured a thick sauce onto a hot plate that was next to him and started frying the paste. Within the minute, a thin pancake had formed on the plates surface- and the baker peeled it off. Spreading some unidentifiable meat paste, spices, and a few odd vegetables on top of the pancake- the baker reached into a bag under the counter and threw in a thick wafer into the mix. With brutal efficiency, the baker took a knife and peeled the pancake off the hotplate and folded it into a tight square "bag" of all the ingredients in one swift movement. As it cooled, the edges of the pancake that were still slightly gooey stuck together- sealing the bag. The baker handed it over, and Finner quickly snatched it out of his grip before Khurstor could react. 

"What? I'm hungry, you can eat the next one" he complained as he started to eat it. Even as he was saying that, the baker was already halfway through making another pancake. How did he make it so fast? Watching the baker reminded him more of someone playing an instrument rather than someone just cooking. Khurstor took the Locha when it was done, and reached into his bag for his wallet.

"Fvaure" the baker pronounced heavily, showing four fingers- so Khurstor pulled out four boxings, but the baker only shook his head irritably.

"Four clips, not four boxings- Ironteeth." Finner sighed.

"Four clips? That can't be right, I've payed more than that just for metal shavings!" Khurstor protested, but Finner continued to stare at him till he shrugged and handed over the clips. It was a wonder anyone stole anything when it only cost four clips for a pancake. He took the Locha, and had a bite- the wafer was a little salty for his taste, but combined with the oily pancake and the flavor of some smoky alien meat- it was all he could have wished for after such a long tasteless journey. The next second, all he wished for was a pint of something cold- that sauce was spicy enough to make even a Pewterarm cringe. Khurstor gagged violently in surprise, causing Vinner to erupt with laughter- he was apparently unaffected by the sauce.

"Sorry, forgot to warn you" He managed, after regaining his composure.

"No wonder you always carry that flask with you, if this is what you eat all day!" joked Khurstor, smiling and taking a smaller bite. Waving at the baker, they walked back into the street.The sun was even lower now, the street was almost empty. Khurstor spoke and ate while he walked.

"Ok, lets start making our way to the sheriffs office- if we don't start going now, it'll be sunset before we've even started" Khurstor said soberly, nibbling the Locha, "Besides, I've got some new equipment from the south you might be interested in..."

He indicated subtly to the bag, while it wasn't overly suspicious- it was rather big for just one persons belongings. The new gear had been heavy, but it had been worth the extra effort- considering no misting criminals knew of it.That kind of element of surprise only made it even more brutally effective. 

Edited by Unodus

"Where do ya think yer goin'?" The woman snapped. What? "Ya said ye were a nicrosil Allomancer, ya? Don't ya be on a'lyin' to us. We could use a misting like yerself." Really? Bella started to smile. A chance? Bella turned around again.

The man didn't like it. He whispered to the woman, who rolled her eyes.

"You can train her. You did with me. You're great with Allomancers. Anyway, she doesn't have to see the fighting. We could use a good nicrosil misting. And it looks like she could need our money." Bella's smile widened. It seemed as if they were going to offer her a job!

"Don't you dare force her into this, Alahya." The man said with a sense of finallity. Alahya. That was the name he had mentioned before. A slider, right?

"Well, yo're in luck, kiddo. We got'cha a job, if ya want it." Alahya said, turning towards Bella again. Bella walked back closer.

"Yes! Thank ya! I'll take it!" Bella felt as if she was thrown a life preserver. "I'm really grateful! I won't slow you down, whatever you are doing! I can be really helpful. Ya won't regret it!"

Her eagerness made him nervous. Didn't she know how dangerous this would be? Probably not. Resool sighed, looking at Bella with a raised eyebrow. "This isn't going to be a walk in the park. We're lawmen. We hunt criminals. Its nasty work. I've been shot several times, and I don't even do much of the fighting. We can't guarantee your safety." He paused. "But if you want to come, I guess I can't stop you. My name's Resool. The small fireball is Alahya."

"The small fireball" crossed her arms, huffing as she looked at Bella. "Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your time." She took her horse's reigns and began to lead it down the street in the way they had been going before. Resool did the same, motioning for Bella to follow behind. "Don't mind her. She's usually like that."

"This isn't going to be a walk in the park. We're lawmen. We hunt criminals. Its nasty work. I've been shot several times, and I don't even do much of the fighting. We can't guarantee your safety." The man paused. Lawmen? Oh. Well... It pays well? Actually, it probably pays excellently. Those bounties are huge, on some of them. I'd get a cut of that. 

Bella paused to reconsider. But they're also very dangerous. I could get myself killed doing this! Then the other side of her brain, the stupid side, argued Ya'll be kicked out and on the streets if ya can't pay. Ya need to pay back all the loans ya took to just get that stupid test. Well, not really stupid because it showed that I was a Nicroburster, which is what got me into this whole mess!

"But if you want to come, I guess I can't stop you. My name's Resool. The small fireball is Alahya." The man continued, oblivious to her internal turmoil. 

Bella nodded slowly. "I do." Bella whispered. "I do."

"Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your time." Alahya said. She seemed annoyed at Resool's description of her. Well, who wouldn't be? Alahya walked, leading the horse. Resool motioned for Bella to follow, and so Bella did.

"Don't mind her. She's usually like that."

"Okay." Bella whispered

Resool glanced down at her, seeing the unrest in her expression and body language. She was speaking softer than usual. He sighed. Yeah, no experience at this sort of thing.

"Everything okay?" He asked, giving her a slight smile. He hated bringing her into this. "You can always leave whenever you want, you know. If anything happens.. you're not tied to us. You're free to go. I want to make that clear." He paused. "We aren't in the business of holding people against their will, even if it does pay. We'll give you the money you need to make it for a few weeks too, if needbe.

"In any case, I haven't trained a Nicroburst yet. This will be an adventure for both of us, I think!" He laughed, trying to ease up the mood. He was a Connector, not a Soother or Rioter, so he couldn't make her feel better. Only closer to him, which wasn't the same thing.

Sterrion 

Sterrion felt his wounds bleed as he ran down the slope from the Koloss. He was nearing the end of the slope and gave a pewter-enhanced jump landing over twenty feet in front of him, clearing a slanted cliff in the mountain side. He heard the Koloss land behind him, and Sterrion did not like how close he was getting. 

The Hermit risked a look behind at the charging Koloss. The monster looked different from the other Koloss Sterrion has seen in the wild outskirts, his muscles seemed very large, but the skin was not stretching as it usually would. The abnormal Koloss gave a loud yell then started to run faster. 

The chase lasted for miles and Sterrion was on his last reserve of pewter, how the Koloss hadn't died form exhaustion he hadn't figured out yet and he probably never will. The pewter drag was draining Sterrion and he was slowing down getting close to the giant swinging Koloss sword.

He scremed in pain as another cut ran across his back, adding up to four from the three other swings, each one deeper than before. 

He gave a burst of speed through a pair of giant bushes hoping to survive just a little longer. Sterrion looked up and saw a town a Rough's town. He stopped but the momentum he carried continued throwing him down like a cart down a mountain side. The Hermit only saw the ground and the sky in an endless loop for sometime and felt something bang into his back sending him flying into the air. 

Sterring hit the ground hard sending all sorts of debris into the air. Another lump landed over fifty feet the monster giving a groan. Sterrion was bruised and cut all over like he has just been through a meat grinder. "Pewter might be the only thing keeping me alive." He thought through his pain. 

He then turned his head to the Koloss, turing on his zinc for safety, and he still had no idea what made this Koloss special. It's muscles were the biggest he had ever seen on this type of monster but it was not tall as the usual ones. "It looked like a buffed blue dwarf, the surprise must have made it looked ten times as fierce." Sterrion thought with a smile. The dwarf came out of nowhere in a fierce rage coming after him, Sterrion was just minding his own business like usual, but his luck always wants to make it hard on him. 

The koloss staggered up and gave a yell then its face exploded. Sterrion was splattered with dark red blood and brain, so surprised that he fell. The koloss staggered and fell to its knees but stayed on its knees. The Koloss face gave a twitch and fell to the ground, its muscles weakening to a normal person well normal to a Koloss-blooded. "Well it all makes sense now." The Hermit thought with a smirk. "A Koloss-blooded compounder. Wow I didn't even know there were Kblooded ferrings let alone compounders. My Luck."

The Koloss's body gave one final twitch and fell to the ground. A man was standing over it with a rifle in his hand. The first man Sterrion has seen in years and he was pale like a man who stays inside all day. Sterrion lifted himself up and stood up, he put his hand onside of a tree. The pewter drag put to much pressure on his body, but his reaming pewter and zinc were keeping him going. He looked up at the pale man with the rifle. "Than_" Boom! 

Edited by spencer12347

Ven looked around the street in disbelief as the young woman he asked nicely for directions strode away with the 2 lawkeepers. He tried to say something but his stutter kicked in, incapacitating his speech. He looked around, and homesickness kicked in. He growled, shoving it in a metalmind. He ran up to the three people walking away.

" Excuse me, but do you have a job opening?" He asked. " I can build guns and and I am a-an Seeker" Ven said.