I would like to announce....

Miyabi

Some other random numbers. I just passed the 175 reputation mark, and just passed the 1024 (16*16*4) post mark, and Chaos passed both the 2084 mark (16*16*8), and his old TWG post count.

Oh, and about 75% of the members on 17th Shard have posted once or less, and 3 of them (Senseless, Unicornlover, and Supernatural Aura) not only haven't ever posted, but they haven't even ever seen a post.

But Brandon wins the award for biggest lurker. He's got something like 700 views without a single post, while the nearest competition only has 450-470 views.

Oh, and I'm in second place behind The Lord Ruler. Oh yeah.

But Brandon wins the award for biggest lurker. He's got something like 700 views without a single post, while the nearest competition only has 450-470 views.

I could be wrong, but i think the brandon account was made by the admins to "reserve" it (im thinking chaos) and wasnt actually registered by brandon himself :P

Oh, and about 75% of the members on 17th Shard have posted once or less, and 3 of them (Senseless, Unicornlover, and Supernatural Aura) not only haven't ever posted, but they haven't even ever seen a post.

I'm guessing they joined for the Inquisitor Santa contest. Does viewing a news post count as a view?

If you look at the blogs page, you'll find out why we registered the Brandon account. It's so it shows up as Brandon posting his own blog entries, as opposed to Eric or some random account. ;) It's Brandon's to take, any time he wants it, should he change his mind and come join us in the timesink glorious community that is 17th Shard.

I'm guessing they joined for the Inquisitor Santa contest. Does viewing a news post count as a view?

I don't think so. It's oddly segregated, and I don't like it.

I don't think so. Some more numbers on lurkers- I seem to see three big spikes of joining. One is in February, one in September, and then a third in December.

The spike in February was right before the leap to IPB. I think some of those are spambots. The September one is definitely from the ARC contest (as well as the TWG bump), and the December one from Inquisitor Santa.

If you look at the blogs page, you'll find out why we registered the Brandon account. It's so it shows up as Brandon posting his own blog entries, as opposed to Eric or some random account. ;) It's Brandon's to take, any time he wants it, should he change his mind and come join us in the timesink glorious community that is 17th Shard.

Yup. We thought it was a good idea to have a placeholder.

There really should be more levels for reputation; Chaos has twice number needed to be a Shard, but hasn't changed. If he doesn't want to give himself a new level right now, I think there could at least be a new one at 256 points (162). "Hero of Ages," perhaps?

Since this definitely isn't the first person to say "Chaos needs new reputation", I've finally updated our long out of date reputation system. With, you know, ranks from Stormlight Archive.

The new ranks are:

0 - 17th Shard Trainee

5 - Awakener

10 - Misting

16 - Mistborn

24 - Elantrian

32 - Shardbearer

40 - Full Shardbearer

Knight Radiant - 50

Worldhopper - 64

Sliver - 75

Splinter - 100

Shard - 128

And after that... well, RAFO ;)

Suffice to say, they space more dramatically and they now go up to 1024. That should keep us busy for a while. Hopefully.

Since this definitely isn't the first person to say "Chaos needs new reputation", I've finally updated our long out of date reputation system. With, you know, ranks from Stormlight Archive.

The new ranks are:

0 - 17th Shard Trainee

5 - Awakener

10 - Misting

16 - Mistborn

24 - Elantrian

32 - Shardbearer

40 - Full Shardbearer

Knight Radiant - 50

Worldhopper - 64

Sliver - 75

Splinter - 100

Shard - 128

And after that... well, RAFO ;)

Suffice to say, they space more dramatically and they now go up to 1024. That should keep us busy for a while. Hopefully.

Thank you, Shard of Chaos. It will probably be a few years before we need more levels. I've upvoted you one step closer to the next level. Although, now I think about it, you could use this as a strategy. Instead of RAFO, you could have UCAFO: Upvote Chaos And Find Out. Hmm...

Thank you, Shard of Chaos. It will probably be a few years before we need more levels. I've upvoted you one step closer to the next level. Although, now I think about it, you could use this as a strategy. Instead of RAFO, you could have UCAFO: Upvote Chaos And Find Out. Hmm...

I am not opposed to this initiative.