Writeup 1: The First Mistake

The spy stood in the hallway, a glass dagger in their hand. The door was hanging off of its hinges in front of them. A flair of drama... The spy thought contently.

The spy dashed through the doorway. They turned through the hallways, quickly. It was as if the keep had been designed to be confusing.

They came to a door. The words Lord Venture were not displayed anywhere, but the spy recognized the door. They had memorized layouts of the palace.

It was the Lord Venture's study. They yanked open that door and stepped inside.

"Hello." The spy said, their eyes searching for the man inside.

He wasn't there.

He wasn't there.

The spy looked again, scanning all hiding nooks. Could he have heard the spy coming and hidden?

Idiot. The spy thought to themselves. Would you wait here for yourself to get killed so easily?

Suddenly a crash. The spy spun to find the source of the noise. There was a doorway out to the balcony and it was ajar.

The spy ran out and saw a Terrisman flinching.

"No! You wouldn't!" The Terrisman cried as the spy approached, holding their knife towards them. "I could tell you which one of them he's hiding as!"

"Interesting. Thanks." And they stabbed the Terrisman in the chest. "He shouldn't have left anyone who knew who he was behind."

The spy smiled. "The first mistake."

Player List:

1. Hadrian Penrod (Araris)

2. Quimmpillin. There's no h, a respectable gentleman (Feligon)

3. Eugene ______, a fat noble. (Mckeedee)

4. Noble Walin (spencer)

5. Bad-ger, who had strange parents (The Honey Badger)

6. Wick Wilson, maybe a direct relative of that Wilson (Wilson)

7. Dr. Konwon, a newcomer (Wonko)

8. The Honorable... Axies (Phattmer)

9. Joel Tormander (Joe)

10. Lady Eris EsNaan, Chromium Compounder (Ostrichofevil)

11. Thraim Frothginton, a drunk (theSilverDragon)

12. Edrab Leah _____ (Haelbarde)

13. Lord Vinyerian Dagar (Vineyard)

14. Porano Piffiden, Earl of Piffex, and a cobbler (Pifferdoo)

15. Mr. E Green (Emerald)

16. Mann Wulf (Mailliw)

17. Jain, a panda whom nobody noticed was a kanda (Lightsworn Panda)

18. Narvol, a newcomer (Alvron)

19. Dow, a noble from an ancient house known for cultivating "flowers" (Downax)

20. Lord Yknal, a noble who has all the right papers (Clanky)

21. Neo (Neodymium)

22. Locke, an individual who is interseted in the study of Identity (OrlockTsubodai)

23. Ven, a reluctant Seeker (Venture Mistborn)

24. Lungsly, an undead witch doctor who accidentally brought himself to life. (Surgebound Rainspren)

25. Hean, a noble who has a (undeserved) reputation for being untrustworthy (Kasheannin)

26. Bortsworth ????

27. Gamma

Edited by Winter Cloud

Silly Spencer, you don't need to know you're role or alignment to play!

I would prove it by voting for Jain, but this is a night phase, so I can't.

And how much does it cost to buy a tag Winter? :ph34r:

Your eternal gratitude (and soul.) I might have to extend the cycle if I cannot PM everyone and get all of the houses up by tonight.

EDIT: The cycle ends at Four PM EDT tomorrow. The writeup messages now cost one atium due to I do not want to die with work overload. You cannot send in actions via doc.

Edited by Winter Cloud

I like that change in the rules vis a vis the write-up, Winter.  I was imagining a nightmare avalanche of massive write-ups with every player trying to put in some -clev3R C0d3 or something.  :P

If this game started on a day cycle, we'd be talking a lot more about that, but with it being a night, there's not much we can really do except wait for Team Evil to make their move. Depending on who they kill, we'll have an idea of their strategy and we can work from there.

I, for one, am going to figure out how this system works. Hopefully that involves not immediately dying. 

Hean sits alone, as he is accustomed, in his study. "Tonight," he thinks to himself, "is not a night to act. It is a night to learn." It had taken him longer to arrive at this conclusion than he'd care to admit, but arrive he had. 

When he'd received the assignment to become involved in this contest, it had been something of a surprise. He felt under-qualified for such a grand game, but determined not to lose hope. He would learn, and once he understood the nature of this contest, he would act. 

Interesting indeed, that a man such as he would be trusted with such an important assignment, but the House must have its reasons. Maybe his reputation had been forgotten. Or maybe, instead, the House had decided that it made him expendable, and that his death would be no great loss for the house. "Well," he thought, "I have no choice either way. I must survive this."

Day 1: Not Quick Enough

Wick Wilson Elariel stood in the entrance to Keep Venture. Their friend, another spy, stood to his side.

"Split up, right?" The other spy said. "You take Narvol, I take Mann Wulf?"

"Yeah." Wick Wilson said. He took a vial of steel off of his sash and drank it. The other spy glanced at the Mistborn.

"How do I know he's even here?"

"You'll find him." Wick dismissed, confident. The other spy frowned

"But what if I don't?"

"Find him." Wick hissed. Then he walked through the door. The spy watched Wick fade off into the distance. They walked towards a back entrance, less confident of their abilities.

Mann peaked his head out of a window. The spy did not pretend to hide. That would be conspicious.

"Hey!" Mann called out. "Who are you?"

"A friend. Want to come down and see?" The spy called.

"Yeah, maybe I'm a little paranoid without reason here, but that sounds like a bad idea." The spy entered a back entrance, ignoring Mann's response for now. They knew where he was now. That was making things a bit more... dangerous for him. The spy took their dagger out of their pocket and walked into the room where Mann was.

"Hello, again." The spy said.

"What are you doing here?" Mann asked, now suspicious.

"Luck. Pure luck." The spy laughed as they leapt towards Mann, who dodged out of the way. Not quick enough. The blade pierced his shoulder, slowing him down. The spy jumped at Mann again, this time taking him in the heart.

"You-" Mann coughed. "Die."

"Not quick enough." The spy smirked.

Meanwhile, Wick strolled through the halls. Where is Narvol's room, again? He turned down another hallway and flicked a coin in the air.

There! The door was closed, but Wick recognized Narvol's voice. He made certain to know of newcomers to Luthadel. Wick opened the door.

"Hello!" Wick smiled, invitingly. Another person stood with Narvol. Wick was confident he could deal with them.

"Hello." The man said flatly. Wick walked closer and closer, then burned steel. Blue lines shot around him. Wick Pushed on the coin in his hand and the first coin shot towards Narvol. The man didn't intercede, though Narvol's eyes widened in shock. Not quick enough. Wick Wilson Elariel thought, satisfied.

"Elariel." The man said, quietly. Wick didn't miss the implications. His eyes widened. The man Pushed the coin imbedded in Narvol's body away. Wick turned to flee. His main advantage, surprise, had been conprimised. Please don't be another Mistborn.

Then the coin hit his back. Wick burned pewter and moved, but the damage had been done. He was... pain. Blood bloomed from the wound.

"Not quick enough, eh?" The man said, smiling.

Mann Wulf (Mailliw) was an Aime Soother

Narvol (Alvron) was an Orielle Smoker

Wick Wilson (Little Wilson) was an Elariel Mistborn.

Items for sale:

Dualing Cane

Player List:

1. Hadrian Penrod (Araris)

2. Quimmpillin. There's no h, a respectable gentleman (Feligon)

3. Eugene ______, a fat noble. (Mckeedee)

4. Noble Walin (spencer)

5. Bad-ger, who had strange parents (The Honey Badger)

6. Wick Wilson, maybe a direct relative of that Wilson (Wilson)Urbain Mistborn.

7. Dr. Konwon, a newcomer (Wonko)

8. The Honorable... Axies (Phattmer)

9. Joel Tormander (Joe)

10. Lady Eris EsNaan, Chromium Compounder (Ostrichofevil)

11. Thraim Frothginton, a drunk (theSilverDragon)

12. Edrab Leah _____ (Haelbarde)

13. Lord Vinyerian Dagar (Vineyard)

14. Porano Piffiden, Earl of Piffex, and a cobbler (Pifferdoo)

15. Mr. E Green (Emerald)

16. Mann Wulf (Mailliw) House Aime Soother

17. Jain, a panda whom nobody noticed was a kanda (Lightsworn Panda)

18.Narvol, a newcomer (Alvron)Orielle Smoker

19. Dow, a noble from an ancient house known for cultivating "flowers" (Downax)

20. Lord Yknal, a noble who has all the right papers (Clanky)

21. Neo (Neodymium)

22. Locke, an individual who is interseted in the study of Identity (OrlockTsubodai)

23. Ven, a reluctant Seeker (Venture Mistborn)

24. Lungsly, an undead witch doctor who accidentally brought himself to life. (Surgebound Rainspren)

25. Hean, a noble who has a (undeserved) reputation for being untrustworthy (Kasheannin)

26. Bortsworth ????

27. Gamma

Edited by Winter Cloud