I really don't think you guys should lynch Pifferdoo. Why? I'll keep it simple:

He told me he was a Coinshot. That makes me trust him because I find it unlikely that Winter would give the Eliminators a potential of 3 kills each cycle.

And no, he hasn't killed anyone yet (or at least, so he tells me.)

I wasn't the Lurcher who saved him, either, in case you were wondering

I'm assuming he hasn't posted much because he's more involved in the concurrent Long Game than this one.

Edited by Mckeedee123

Thraim staggered around the corner, one hand holding a glass of wine, and saw Bortsworth and Lord Urbain.

"Hoz yu do doing?" He asked, alcohol slurring his words. He put his arm around Lord Urabain's shoulder. "Iz gots a secret," he said loudly into tha man's ear. "I thinking that Joel Tormander iz a spy." After he said that he fell down in a drunken stupor.

I don't have any solid evedince, except... well nothing really. I basically compounded chromium, and pointed at the list and my finger fell on Joe so... that's who I think is a spy, and that counts as my vote.

Edit: spelling

If you actually want this to count as your vote you should colour the name of the person you are voting for red. It won't actually count as a vote unless you do.

I really don't think you guys should lynch Pifferdoo. Why? I'll keep it simple:

If you're going to force our hand, I'll tell you that he's a Coinshot. That makes me trust him because I find it unlikely that Winter would give the Eliminators a potential of 3 kills each cycle.

And no, he hasn't killed anyone yet (or at least, so he tells me.)

I wasn't the Lurcher who saved him, either.

Are you implying that you're his housemate? Because winter asked us not to do that kind of thing.

It does look like Piff's behavior this round has been suspicious.

Edit: meant game instead of round

Edited by Emerald101

Are you implying that you're his housemate? Because winter asked us not to do that kind of thing.

It does look like Piff's behavior this round has been suspicious.

Edit: meant game instead of round

I thought she just meant that we shouldn't systematically list out the members of each House.

*double-checks*

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what she said.

Not that I was really implying anything anyway.

Edited by Mckeedee123

listing just even just one player from your house would be exploiting the "hole" winter wanted us to avoid, since it effectively proves that both of you aren't spies. It's not on the level that winter was implying, but that's a slippery slope to be walking.

To me it read as if you were implying house-mateness, but I could easily have misread what you meant.

listing just even just one player from your house would be exploiting the "hole" winter wanted us to avoid, since it effectively proves that both of you aren't spies. It's not on the level that winter was implying, but that's a slippery slope to be walking.

To me it read as if you were implying house-mateness, but I could easily have misread what you meant.

The spies are embedded in the minor houses, I thought...  :huh:

Edited by Mckeedee123

If you actually want this to count as your vote you should colour the name of the person you are voting for red. It won't actually count as a vote unless you do.

Fixed it, thanks.

Have an up vote for helping me out.

Edited by TheSilverDragon

link

Winter said that they're aren't

Ah. Looks like I was mistaken. I just sort of assumed.

Well, it's irrelevant. Pifferdoo contacted me through a PM (supposedly because of our collaboration in LG10). To be honest, I'm not completely sure if he's a Coinshot or not, but to me, the possibility is a good reason not to lynch him since being a Coinshot would basically exonerate him.

Edited by Mckeedee123

Well who do you suggest as an alternate target?

Emerald and Bort have both been on several times since I posted yesterday at 4:44 PM. Bort hasn't responded to the post, even though it's relevant to the discussion, and he was kind of the leader of the movement to lynch Pifferdoo. Emerald, for his part, posted his vote afterwards, and was extremely touchy about what he assumed was cheating versus the Eliminators.

But I suppose that maybe this lynch should go through anyway. Even if Pifferdoo was telling the truth and is a Coinshot, it lets us be sure of that fact, so that tonight and tomorrow we can target the people who pushed this (somewhat ridiculous) lynch forward.

Edited by Mckeedee123

I don't necessarily agree with the vote on piff but someone needs to be lynched today. However a bandwagon lynch isn't the best way to get information.

The only other person who used any reasoning for their vote was gamma so I will vote for dowanx. It's probably too late to get any real discussion going though.

EDIT: Colour

Edited by Clanky

I make it currently 4 votes for Pifferdoo, from Bort, Phattmar, Vineyarddawg and Emerald,

2 votes for Downax from Gamma and Clanky, and a single vote for TheOnlyJoe from TheSilverDragon.

Has anyone else noticed that Kandra has dissappeared from Hael's name on the player listing and is now on LightswornPanda's - interesting mechanic at work?

Emerald and Bort have both been on several times since I posted yesterday at 4:44 PM. Bort hasn't responded to the post, even though it's relevant to the discussion, and he was kind of the leader of the movement to lynch Pifferdoo. Emerald, for his part, posted his vote afterwards, and was extremely touchy about what he assumed was cheating versus the Eliminators.

But I suppose that maybe this lynch should go through anyway. Even if Pifferdoo was telling the truth and is a Coinshot, it lets us be sure of that fact, so that tonight and tomorrow we can target the people who pushed this (somewhat ridiculous) lynch forward.

I believe in fair play. I hate the feeling of an undeserved win, and to me failure is preferable to winning through unjust means.

I posted my vote afterwards because I couldn't get on earlier due to school and homework, and I always check the thread constantly between about 3:00 and 6:00.

I believe in fair play. I hate the feeling of an undeserved win, and to me failure is preferable to winning through unjust means.

I posted my vote afterwards because I couldn't get on earlier due to school and homework, and I always check the thread constantly between about 3:00 and 6:00.

I feel the same way about fair play, so I understand that sentiment.

Though I notice that you're still trying to push this lynch along. That's the primary reason for my suspicion (unless Piff turns out to be lying, I suppose. I wish he would post something)

Winter indicated it would be when he got back - so no clear time.

I don't get the reasoning for Gamma's suspicion of Downax - could someone please explain that?

Also, killing our coinshot doesn't sound sensible... But equally, wee only got Clanky's word for it that he is one... (I think)

I can't work out how to get coloured text on mobile, but I doubt I'd have voted anyway - at least until someone explains why Gamma thinks Downax is guilty

Porano Piffiden Sandcrown watched the discussion grow. He smiled. Finally! We're doing something! Maybe we can figure out who that other coinshot who tried to kill me was!

"Porano." Yknal began. "I'd-" They cut off. "Nah. Never mind." They walked away. How odd. Porano thought. What's up with him?

"I think he's one of them." Dow boldly claimed. Porano flipped his head towards Dow. What? "I mean, obviously the attack was covered up by his fellow Great Housemates."

"What?" Porano exclaimed.

"Yeah." Other people began to nod along with Dow.

"You'd follow him?" Gin asked, looking up out of his bottle of gin. "I think he's the-" hick- "the... whatever." Gin went back to his drink.

"Jooooel" Thraim Frothginton stumbled out of a room, puke mixed in his beard. "is spy."

People ignored him.

"Let's get Porano!"

"Great House Spy! Porano! Great House Spy! Porano!" Someone began a chant. Others joined in. Porano started to back up, nervous.

"Yeah, let's all do whatever Dow says. How high?" Gin asked, lazy.

"Death to the Great House Spy!" Mr E. Green shouted. Porano turned to the window, the one that the Lurcher had yanked him through last night.

"Again?" He whispered, turning over his shoulder. The figure among the crowd shook their head No. "Please." Porano repeated. He reached into his bag and pulled out a coin.

"I thought he was fishy. He was the one who killed Hadrian!" A panicked shriek. Porano burned steel and dropped the coin.

"Not so fast." One of the crowd hissed and lunged for him. Porano Pushed on the coin and launched himself backwards. But a Lurcher among them yanked the belt buckle that had saved his life last night back towards them.

"No!" Porano screamed. "What are you going to do?"

"Kill the Great House Spy!" A screech. "Death to the spies! Death to the spies!"

"Dow owns you all, eh?" Gin mumbled. He was stuck in his drink. A few looked guilty and turned away. They also seemed stupidly happy. Yes. He does. Gin thought, unsatisfied. "Gin's better for you."

A few looked at his drink skeptically. The others focussed on the Coinshot in front of them.

One of the crowd pulled out a dueling cane.

Porano yanked off his belt buckle and held up his pants with his hands. Then he ran.

The man with the dueling cane blocked the exit.

A squadron of Venture soldiers marched around the corner.

"We shall make sure they do not get away, lords." The soldiers assured them. They stood at the ends of the halls. It was clear. Nobody gets away from Venture.

"No, no, no!" Porano shouted. "I got away! I survived!"

The dueling cane swiped to the side. Porano dodged that blow and grabbed the cane. More men pulled out dueling canes of their own and charged. Porano dodged among them, but he was no Thug. He fell to the ground, after a blow hit his head.

His vision was blurring.

Come. A voice was whispering. Enjoy the party as a ghost of Luthadel, Porano.

The ghost's voice was one of the first to fall's. Narvol. A newcomer. Oh well.

Porano let go and everything faded to black.

The Only Joe- The Silver Dragon

Porano- Downax, Bort, Emerald

Dow- Gamma

Porano was a House Sandcrown Coinshot!

1. Hadrian Penrod (Araris) House Aime Soother

2. Quimmpillin. There's no h, a respectable gentleman (Feligon) Wardwick Rioter

3. Eugene ______, a fat noble. (Mckeedee)

4. Noble Walin (spencer)

5. Bad-ger, who had strange parents (The Honey Badger)

6. Wick Wilson, maybe a direct relative of that Wilson (Wilson)Elariel Mistborn.

7. Dr. Konwon, a newcomer (Wonko)

8. The Honorable... Axies (Phattmer)

9. Joel Tormander (Joe)

10. Lady Eris EsNaan, Chromium Compounder (Ostrichofevil)

11. Thraim Frothginton, a drunk (theSilverDragon)

12. Edrab Leah _____ (Haelbarde) HaelBarde, Kandra

13. Lord Vinyerian Dagar (Vineyard)

14. Porano Piffiden, Earl of Piffex, and a cobbler (Pifferdoo) House Sandcrown Coinshot

15. Mr. E Green (Emerald)

16. Mann Wulf (Mailliw) House Aime Soother

17. Jain, a panda whom nobody noticed was a kandra.(GM Note: I have not indicated Jain as a kandra. This is a miscommunication flaw) (Lightsworn Panda)

18.Narvol, a newcomer (Alvron)Orielle Smoker

19. Dow, a noble from an ancient house known for cultivating "flowers" (Downax)

20. Lord Yknal, a noble who has all the right papers (Clanky)

21. Neo (Neodymium)

22. Locke, an individual who is interseted in the study of Identity (OrlockTsubodai)

23. Ven, a reluctant Seeker (Venture Mistborn) House Orielle Rioter

24. Lungsly, an undead witch doctor who accidentally brought himself to life. (Surgebound Rainspren)

25. Hean, a noble who has a (undeserved) reputation for being untrustworthy (Kasheannin)

26. Bortsworth ????

27. Gin Urbain (perhaps) (Gamma)

Edited by Winter Cloud

Well, since Pifferdoo wasn't a spy, I would venture to guess that there were at least 1 or 2 eliminators in the group that pushed the lynch forward even after I objected. Whoever the vigilante Coinshot was that attacked Piff and Wilson should go ahead and focus their attacks there.

Edited by Mckeedee123

The problem with the Piff lynch was that it was a basically decided early on. Early in the game close votes are better in my opinion since they promote more discussion. I would say that the third voter effectively sealed the vote on piff last cycle. Phat was the third voter so I would think he is most likely the spy. 

Yeah, but my vote didn't count because I was trying to get atium. I was trying to go along with the flow, though I knew that it wouldn't count. My reasoning for doing so was that a Coinshot is not really a good thing to have around, especially if they aren't killing anyone, as then they won't be going along with the lynch and would be just a rogue.

Edited by phattemer

A coinshot is a very useful role late game. Also it is most useful when they are not killing on baseless reasoning and wait until we have an idea who to kill.

It also doesn't matter whether your vote counted or not it may have led to an end of discussion. When someone is at two votes you can easily put pressure on another player with only one vote. However the third vote requires a group of people working in tandem to pressure a new player. Nobody knows if your vote counted or not so it still acts as a third vote to other players.