You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you feel the need to swear an Ideal before starting a task.

(WoR hint):

"I will run even errands I hate, so long as they are necessary."

When you beat seven people in a freeform fencing match and assume this is what it feels like to use Stormlight to fight.

Rust and Ruin, are you serious? I think somebody may have beaten me to the Ideals. :o

Yeah, I am. Where I fence, there's a game we play called "England vs. France". It's basically Doctor Dodgeball with swords. The King/Queen is the Doctor, who can bring back any person knocked down.

My team had lost just about everyone on it, except for me, one other person, and the King. The King went to go rescue some people while the other person defended him, and I was left to face down seven people on the other team. I somehow managed to beat all of them, felt extremely invincible, was practically sure that I'd taken down their King, and then turned around to find my remaining teammates down and another ten people waiting for me. Yeah... I didn't make it through that. Must've run out of Stormlight.

Yeah, I am. Where I fence, there's a game we play called "England vs. France". It's basically Doctor Dodgeball with swords. The King/Queen is the Doctor, who can bring back any person knocked down.

My team had lost just about everyone on it, except for me, one other person, and the King. The King went to go rescue some people while the other person defended him, and I was left to face down seven people on the other team. I somehow managed to beat all of them, felt extremely invincible, was practically sure that I'd taken down their King, and then turned around to find my remaining teammates down and another ten people waiting for me. Yeah... I didn't make it through that. Must've run out of Stormlight.

The Words, Arcanist! You must speak the Words!

Other than that... Stormfather. Good job, and may the Almighty be with you. ;)

I need more Words. Darn it- where's your Honourspren when you need them?

When you realize that you're having an in-depth, intelligent discussion about Realmatic theory. Then realizing that your Realmatic knowledge is helping you with physics.

Edited by TheArcanist

The board: different property colors represented by Shardworlds. You can "Invest" in any of the Shardworld locations, or the magic systems (which function like the train stations). The center of the board is a map of Shadesmar.

The money: little plastic spheres. The game comes with a little transparent pot and a light that makes them look infused.

The cards: various Chance cards that have effects like "Splintered" or "ODIUM REIGNS".

The pieces: metal tokens in the following shapes. A sword, a cloak, a spike, a stamp, and a stick.

Er, back on topic: You know you're a Sanderfan not only when use the word "Sanderfan", but when you derail a thread talking about how you know you're a Sanderfan because you're making plans for a Sanderson-inspired version of Monopoly. Kolo?

When you read this, than start changing your Monopoly School Project to Cosmere Monopoly.

(Yes I am Actually doing this.)

EDIT: THough I switched, and am now using Photoshop.

Edited by The Only Joe

When you read through this thread killing yourself laughing and throwing around upvotes because every comment is either highly relatable or absolutely hilarious.

Or both, *ahem*

When you feel the need to swear an Ideal before starting a task.

(WoR hint):

"I will run even errands I hate, so long as they are necessary."

:D

When you finish the Mistborn books and really want Shadows of Self to be the next publication, but then you read the Stormlight archive and are completely torn...

When you then try to pass the time by reading his young adult novels--which completely suck you in and cause you to demand sequels. When you get mad at Brandon Sanderson for having a life and not spending 24 hours/day writing books.

When, on the day Brandon Sanderson answers one of your questions, you rabidly post all over Facebook and Twitter that you've gotten to speak to BRANDON SANDERSON, GUYS! and rage on when the first reaction is, "Sanderson who?"

-

Context: Never had Sanderson in my area for a signing and so on, so I did go pretty storming excited when I had a simple question answered.

Edited by Kasimir

This is WoT, not cosmere, but I think it still fits there, and it happened for real a few years ago.

I went into a drinking dare with another guy, and after several glasses, before the next one, I greeted him with "Tai'Shar Friuli" and was a bit disappointed that he never read wot and so didn't answer "tai'Shar Veneto".

Explanation: Veneto and Friuli are two regions in italy, whose inhabitants are known as heavy drinkers, as well as being an epicenter of grappa production. While this repute is mostly urban legend today, I feel like I have to defend the alcoholic honor of my ancestors. I don't like alcohol, but I take pride in having a good resistance to it nevertheless; daring me is pretty much the only way to get me drunk. And so when I start a drinking contest I really feel like it's about the honor of my land and ancestors, and I may start using related quotes.

In the future I may probably say instead "I will drink stuff I don't like, as long as it's for machismo"

EDIT:

Now I'm thinking of the ideals of the drunkard

"alcohol before water, tipsiness before sobriety, fun before hangover"

"I will empty the bottles that cannot empty themselves"

"I will drink stuff I hate, as long as it's for machismo"

What next?

Edited by king of nowhere

When your roommate asks you for an opinion on her new dress and your only descriptor is "Yeah it looks really nice! Like a Terriswoman!" but she hasn't read the books so she doesn't understand. Then there's as awkward pause while you fail to find a better way of expressing your appreciation.

When you look back at all the books you used to read and see how unexciting they are. 

When you compare every sarcastic comment to what Hoid would say

When you look at any <500 page novel as a "light read"

When you check every internet post for white words

When artisans script allows you to hide secret writing in everything

When you think how scary someone would be with hemalurgy

Edit: spelling

Edited by the Gleeman

When you are ridiculously unreasonably impatient with Brandon for not writing new books instantly. Like you just need the 'aegis' cheatcode from Age of Empires and then sit down for the next decade or so with hot chocolate and cookies to devour every book.

Of course, we'd probably STILL want more books after that, so......

when it's hard to remember that despite being freakishly fast, Brandon is limited to human capability in writing speed. We need to find a way to get him some Investiture....

When your high-school age and everyone thinks your a freak because you can read over 1000 pages in four days.

I finished high school a year ago and people still think I'm a freak.

When you are trying to decide which Order of Radiants best suites you and are frustrated by the general lack of info on them.