You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When your favorite part of a camping trip is the drive because you get uninterrupted reading time.

This is precisely why I love commuting to work on the subway: a full hour every day of reading Brandon's books...over and over and over again (however, I'm now reading Gardens of the Moon while also intermittently reading the Hero of Ages). 

When you go to your mother's house for Easter and the first thing out of her mouth (instead of a hello even!) in a dejected voice was that she can't get a copy of Elantris from her local library. My response: gifting her my e-book version then and there. 

Edited by Titan Arum

When you and a friend are talking about Ice Inquisitor Olaf and she suddenly bursts out with "Does that mean Elsa is Ruin?!" leading to an in-depth discussion of what Mistborn characters Frozen characters would be.

When one of your posts gets a "popular" star and you feel like you've won an Olympic medal.

When you realize the reason you don't like Game of Thrones (all you fans, don't kill me!) is because they're always saying "winter is coming", and foretelling the future is not of Honor.

Edit: clarification

Edited by mistrunner

When a survey asks for your religion and you put "Church of the Stick."

Did you really do that? That's amazing. I actually converted someone to the Church of the Stick. They have never read a novel other than Mistborn and have no idea what I am talking about, but they think it's cool anyway.

When you read about ancient peoples using darts, and your mind wanders for a few minutes thinking about Mraize...

And you realize Shallan was probably not in a whole lot of danger when Mraize was shooting darts near her (see the post-WOR Jasnah scene)

When you decide to rewrite Godwin's Law for the 17th Shard because it's the only place you participate in online discussions.

Original Godwin's Law:

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

My 17th Shard version:

"As a 17th Shard thread grows longer, the probability of an unnecessary reference to the Stick approaches 1."

Of course Nazi references do pop up on here, but not very often, and very rarely in the sense which Godwin originally meant.

Heil Nazi Stick!

When a survey asks for your religion and you put "Church of the Stick."

Did you really do that? That's amazing. I actually converted someone to the Church of the Stick. They have never read a novel other than Mistborn and have no idea what I am talking about, but they think it's cool anyway.

Yes, it was an online university survey about discrimination on campus; in the "Religion" section I checked "Other" and typed Church of the Stick in the explanation box. The next page asked if I had ever received unfair treatment for religious reasons, and my first thought was "There have been times when a poorly placed mention of the holy Stick meant an immediate shower of downvotes..." and you certainly get strange looks when someone is trying to make you change your mind and you reply "I am a stick."

Yes, it was an online university survey about discrimination on campus; in the "Religion" section I checked "Other" and typed Church of the Stick in the explanation box. The next page asked if I had ever received unfair treatment for religious reasons, and my first thought was "There have been times when a poorly placed mention of the holy Stick meant an immediate shower of downvotes..." and you certainly get strange looks when someone is trying to make you change your mind and you reply "I am a stick."

This made my day.

In any case, you know you're a Sanderfan when you lend your nice copy of Mistborn out, and then you start to feel nervous. Did I judge this guy's character well? How will he treat my book? Will I ever see my book? We never know.

Edited by LarkoftheRiver

This made my day.

In any case, you know you're a Sanderfan when you lend your nice copy of Mistborn out, and then you start to feel nervous. Did I judge this guy's character well? How will he treat my book? Will I ever see my book? We never know.

On the bright side, buying the book a second time means getting Brandon just a little more money.

When you start drawing love Aons in front of a certain someone.

Not gonna lie, I was tempted to do that on my crush's birthday card.

I figured he'd like Ashe better, so I did that instead.

When reading this makes you want to compose a poem in Aons using their symbolic meanings to convey emotion...and all those vowels just sound nice. Then you realize what a project that would be, and decide to do it over the summer...maybe...possibly...OK, I'll have forgotten by then. -Sigh-

When you start drawing love Aons in front of a certain someone.

when you think that's sweet. :wub:

I don't remember the aons by memory (not sanderfan enough for that), but if a girl attempted that on me, and i recognized she's drawing aons, and recognized the one she's drawing when consuulting my copy of elantris, then there's a good chance I'd reciprocate her just for that.

[...] if a girl attempted that on me, and i recognized she's drawing Aons, and recognized the one she's drawing when consulting my copy of Elantris, then there's a good chance I'd reciprocate her just for that.

Me too. I'd recognize Omi (love), Rao (spirit), maybe a couple others, but I think I'd be interested the moment I saw Aons, never mind being able to read them.