Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

7,528 posts in this topic

When you wonder if you should make a foil lined hat so no rioters or soothers can influence your emotions.

It might work, but be sure that your foil is made of pure aluminum. Almost all rolls of foil are, but watch out for those irritating impurities that make metals Allomantically useless.

When the white board at work asks employees to recommend a new holiday and you write "Koloss Head-Munching Day."

When you get ecstatic about drawing the setup of a room on a whiteboard, and start calling it the catechism of the seventh floor tile, volume the second.

True story. Fortunately, there's another Sanderfan in the class, and he totally got it.

When you get ecstatic about drawing the setup of a room on a whiteboard, and start calling it the catechism of the seventh floor tile, volume the second.

True story. Fortunately, there's another Sanderfan in the class, and he totally got it.

I mustn't be a sanderfan because I don't get it.

When anyone who carefully searches your room will find the Catechism of the Back of the Religious Painting--written in an obscure, coded shorthand incomprehensible to all save him who wrote it, of course.

Edited by Dankworth

I mustn't be a Sanderfan because I don't get it.

Minor Words of Radiance spoilers

It's a reference to the Diagram, a set of instructions followed by one of the secret societies in the Stormlight Archive. Excerpts from the Diagram were used as the chapter leads for part of Words of Radiance, ending with notes like "from the Diagram, Book of the Second Desk Drawer" or "West Wall Psalm of Wonders."

Bigger spoiler

It was found written all over every surface in the society leader's room one morning.

Edited by Dankworth

It's a reference to the Diagram, a set of instructions followed by one of the secret societies in the Stormlight Archive. Excerpts from the Diagram were used as the chapter leads for part of Words of Radiance, ending with notes like "from the Diagram, Book of the Second Desk Drawer" or "West Wall Psalm of Wonders." (It was found written all over every surface in the society leader's room one morning.)

You might consider adding a spoiler tag on that, just to be safe.  :)

When you begin to wonder if someone on the Shard is Brandon Sanderson, who created a dummy account, and is giggling at all of our amazingly wrong theories.  ;)

Edit: Sorry for the double post... -_-

Hee hee hee hee. :rolleyes::P

If indeed Kobold King is Brandon Sanderson, then Brandon is very excited about dinosaurs and writes A LOT MORE than even previously thought. And the Reckoner's RP would be... sort of canon?

You might consider adding a spoiler tag on that, just to be safe.  :)

Done.

When you're playing carpetball and can't get the white ball to bounce at the right angle, so you decide sadly that you wouldn't make a good Rithmatist. Geometry is harder when you have to just imagine the lines.

For those who don't know what carpetball is, it's like a cross between bowling and pool. I've only ever seen it played at church events.

For those who don't know what carpetball is, it's like a cross between bowling and pool. I've only ever seen it played at church events.

Better than concussionball, I'm sure. Bowling and tennis should never have been crossed. :blink::P

When you're getting ready for prom and you feel like you're preparing to go to a Luthadel ball. 

When you're getting ready for prom and you feel like you're preparing to go to a Luthadel ball.

Remember to wear something decent underneath. You never know when you might have to tear off your dress, rush outside, and fight crime with your bag of coins. :P

About the Kobold King is Brandon thing? Yeah. I just made a post about that 10 minutes before revisiting this thread yet again and reading this page. Oops.

When you look at the clock and realize you just spent three hours looking over theories and sanderson meme threads.

And consider it the best three hours of your life.

Minor Words of Radiance spoilers

It's a reference to the Diagram, a set of instructions followed by one of the secret societies in the Stormlight Archive. Excerpts from the Diagram were used as the chapter leads for part of Words of Radiance, ending with notes like "from the Diagram, Book of the Second Desk Drawer" or "West Wall Psalm of Wonders."

Bigger spoiler

It was found written all over every surface in the society leader's room one morning.

OK. Thanks. I've read the book but I'd forgotten those bits.

When you spend 7 weeks in Trigonometry class arguing about the properties of geometric shapes, and keep thinking how rubbish a Rithmatist you'd make, due to increasingly poor diagrams. 

When you can't help bringing up the Final Empire in Theology class. And Ancient History class. And Ancient Literature class. And then comparing Lightsong to the Greek gods. 

Also in Theology class, breaking up Christian Theological theories into the three realms. 

When you can't help bringing up the Final Empire in Theology class. And Ancient History class. And Ancient Literature class. And then comparing Lightsong to the Greek gods. 

Also in Theology class, breaking up Christian Theological theories into the three realms. 

I can imagine your students spending a lot of time facepalming. the ones who are not sanderfans, at least.

When 7 out of 10 of your sources for your final project about systems of government are Sanderson books

Here is a copy of my works cited page:

Works Cited

Sanderson, Brandon. Elantris. New York: Tor, 2005. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. The Final Empire. New York: Tor, 2006. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. The Well of Ascension. New York: Tor, 2007. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. The Hero of Ages. New York: Tor, 2008. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. Warbreaker. New York: Tor, 2009. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. The Way of Kings. New York: Tor, 2010. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. Words of Radiance. New York: Tor, 2014. Print.

Schuman, Rebecca. "You Can Now Go to College in Germany for Free, No Matter Where

You’re From. Should You?" The Slate. The Slate Group, 10 Oct. 2014. Web. 4 May

Shakespeare, William. The Tempest. Web.

Zamyatin, Yevgeny, and Natasha Randall. We. New York: Random House (?), [year]. Print.

Edited by gjustice99

@kingofnowhere

That would be true, if I were the teacher. As it stands, I am but a student.

And yes, the other students started groaning at the other Sanderfan and me.

Sanderson, Brandon. Elantris. New York: Tor, 2005. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. The Final Empire. New York: Tor, 2006. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. The Well of Ascension. New York: Tor, 2007. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. The Hero of Ages. New York: Tor, 2008. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. Warbreaker. New York: Tor, 2009. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. The Way of Kings. New York: Tor, 2010. Print.

Sanderson, Brandon. Words of Radiance. New York: Tor, 2014. Print.

Wow, you beat my final English project from last semester. My only Sanderson references were The Final Empire and The Way of Kings. (Almost all of my other references were fantasy, though--Jim Butcher, Robert Jordan, Terry Pratchett, some others.)

Edited by Dankworth

When you come here to post every time you're waiting on your respawn timer in a video game.