You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

3 hours ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

When you use the Alcatraz book you get at a family Christmas party to spark a Sanderson conversation. (I think I got a new convert, woo!) 

My uncle is now reading SA, and about a tenth of the way into OB, because me and my younger brother recommended it so highly. 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:10 AM, Shallan&Pattern said:

I'm still in shock from the realease party. There were sooooo many Sanderfans!!!! It was beautiful. (there were about 1500 of us there.) It was kinda funny though because while waitning in line we would just jump into conversation with random people. 

Sounts a lot like the Oathbringer release party, which was beyond awesome. If I wasn't coming all the way from Ohio, I would have been there for Starsight - - I'm saving my pennies (& vacation days) for the release of Rhythm of War.:D

One of the best things about the OB release was how, every time you were around people, everyone was SOOOOO conscientious re: spoilers. They would ask people closeby who they weren't even talking to, "Have you read ____?" and if the person said No, they'd ensure that nothing was leaked. Sanerfans are the BEST when it comes to wanting others to have the same enjoyment each of us had in reading something for the first time!

When you don't do any of your homework because you're too busy binding (another) printed version of White Sand.

(I changed up the colors, so it's more Darkside-y compared to the first one, which was Dayside-y)

(And I also just fixed some stuff that bugged me about my first attempt)

(I also added some bits n bobs that were totally unnecessary but I love them)

(as you can see, I just love experimenting with bookbinding)

(Am I going to make little notebooks for my entire family for Christmas? Yes. I am.)

On 12/9/2019 at 8:28 PM, Shallan&Pattern said:

I wish I had been there! I really hope I can make it to the Rythym of War  release party. Eek. Being my age I don't have controll over that :( 

I hope you can come!! FYI, there were a LOT of young people at the Oathbringer release party, so if you're trying to convince your folks about it, you can use that as leverage. Brandon's children were there - really family friendly, but with epic fantasy! Srsly, it was such a positive, friendly experience - it would have surprised me, except I know how awesome we Sander-fans are!

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Journey said:

Well...um...I’ll send you the .ttf files? But you’ll have to find a way to add them to your computer.

Would you mind sending these to me too? I would also like to know how to add these. I do have a chromebook, but I don't know how to add fonts to it.

16 hours ago, Ookla the Journey said:

...oh. :wacko:

Well...um...I’ll send you the .ttf files? But you’ll have to find a way to add them to your computer.

If you haven’t already started PMing people, I might recommend making one PM with everyone in it so you only have to send it once and just adding people to it. *shrugs* Seems like it’d be faster. 

On that, may I also have the files? :P 

On 12/12/2019 at 8:16 PM, Ookla the Journey said:

When your replace the fonts on your computer with the steel alphabet, and with the woman’s script, and still don’t understand it.

Would you mind sending them to me as well? :D