Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,390 posts in this topic

When your re-re-re-read of Oathbringer turns into five tabs on the Coppermind open and covering your desk with Cosmere books because you have to look up a reference, but you realize all your copies of tWoK are currently being borrowed by people you're trying to turn into Sanderfans.

Posted (edited)

When your proudest moment is when you figured out stormlight healing and then looked on the coppermind and you were right

when your non-sanderfan friends have knowledge of the cosmere

Edited by Friendly Cremling

Posted (edited)

On 5/24/2022 at 11:22 AM, Morningtide said:

When you are assigned to make 5 small pieces of art and three of them are Sanderson themed, with writing in either the Steel Alphabet or the Alethi Women's script.

How do I learn the Alethi women’s script? also sorry for the double post but I’m new and don’t know how to fix it

Edited by Friendly Cremling
Clarification of double post I guess

7 hours ago, Friendly Cremling said:

How do I learn the Alethi women’s script?

Right here https://coppermind.net/wiki/Women's_script

Edit previous posts to avoid double posting. To actually fix it, dunno, I'm new too =)

When you're explaining the rules of Allomancy to your friend at 12:25.

AM.

Poor girl.

You know you have Brandofandonitis when every single magic system you encounter can fit in/is similar to a cosmere magic.

When you create a D&D NPC (or rather, when your brother does) called Kaldinious.

When you peer pressure your mom into listening to stormlight archive audiobooks and crack up whenever people talk about metals, words that happen to be shard names, or breath..          Also when you read plato's works and realize that this is basically realmatics

When you feel the need to cover your left hand in front of non-family members. 

When you wonder why the grass won't move.

Also when you read "Soßenbinder" and instantly think of "Wogenbinder" which means surgebinding (at least I hope so).  

When you're playing Nine Square in the Air and get someone out then say "Gotta do what you can to stay alive..."

And horrify your friend(who is a low-key Sanderfan).

When you look at your bookshelf and find it has been overrun with Branderson.

And then you look at your phone (library app) and find that it has been overrun with Branderson.

And then you look at your life and wonder what you were doing before you read Branderson.

When you use a cosmere word in a word game.

Posted (edited)

When you go to your school's Fun Friday and face painting is an option

and everyone else is getting to be cats and stuff

and your friend is painting

so you ask her to paint a shash brand on your forehead.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
Rephrasing

When you find yourself trying to come up with how to make a Shower Fabriel while taking a shower and end up standing there for half an hour just thinking

When you speed read through Mistborn and WOK searching for the perfect scene to adapt into a full-length piano composition

And then find yourself eight hours later with 37 coppermind tabs open researching Thaylen script and other cosmere linguistics

All while listening to Black Piper's Kaladin album :P 

38 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

When you speed read through Mistborn and WOK searching for the perfect scene to adapt into a full-length piano composition

And then find yourself eight hours later with 37 coppermind tabs open researching Thaylen script and other cosmere linguistics

All while listening to Black Piper's Kaladin album :P 

I feel you, it is so hard not to get lost in the massiveness 

when you think superman should be in the reckoners because kryptonite makes sense as a weakness because he is scared of his home planet because it exploded

When your brother squashes tiny little firework things between his finger and thumb and it reminds you of firemoss...

Pop-its, bang pops, and all those other tiny little white paper things that pop when thrown at the ground will never be the same again.

2 hours ago, Tani said:

When your brother squashes tiny little firework things between his finger and thumb and it reminds you of firemoss...

Pop-its, bang pops, and all those other tiny little white paper things that pop when thrown at the ground will never be the same again.

That was what I was thinking of.

When on the fourth of july everyone else has cotton in their ears and you have headphones on to listen to Oathbringer.

when you say that the brightest thing in the night sky is calamitiy

When you in your debate camp preach for 15 minutes on why people should read Branderson and play D&D and everyone else is like: :mellow::huh:<_<
And then the debate coach says, "Oh, I've heard of him! I've seen some of his books around."

When you notice that every place named the tower gets attacked.

When you lie awake at night trying to remember all ten Heralds(I forgot Vedel for a while) and all ten orders of Knights Radiant.

and all nine Friends of the ABC and all thirteen dwarves.

No, it wasn't keeping me up, I just tried to remember them to stave off boredom.

Also when you see a guy wearing a Life before Death shirt at an amusement park and spend the rest of the day hoping you see him so you can say I like your shirt and he'll notice your Sylshirt.

When your first thought upon seeing the villain in the new Thor is "Szeth-son-son-Vallano wore white on the day he was to kill a king"

For reference, here's a picture: 

Spoiler

He's even got a magic sword that whispers and is black and creates shadows (which is basically bleeding black smoke).Hasbro Marvel Legends Series Thor: Love and Thunder Gorr Build-A-Figure  6-in Action Figure | GameStop