Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,385 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

When you notice sanderson's character names on your test

I request proof(if you get your test back)

There was the prisons Alcatraz and Leavenworth and another one that I can't remember

When you call your daily gym routine a "morning kata" :)

When you start reading shogun and you wonder if the blackthorne is a succesful general.

when you keep calling everyone "cousin" in your head.

When your little siblings are watching some little kids show and you keep thinking to yourself that the talking inanimate objects are Type IV Biochromatic Entities.

When you are tasked with putting those same little siblings down for their nap, and they ask for a story, and you tell them "The Girl who Looked Up" and "The Dog and the Dragon." And then later they ask for "The Girl who Looked Up" again.

On 07/06/2022 at 9:50 PM, The Bookwyrm said:

When your little siblings are watching some little kids show and you keep thinking to yourself that the talking inanimate objects are Type IV Biochromatic Entities.

When you are tasked with putting those same little siblings down for their nap, and they ask for a story, and you tell them "The Girl who Looked Up" and "The Dog and the Dragon." And then later they ask for "The Girl who Looked Up" again.

Aw, that's so sweet.

When you're a Sanderfan and also the oldest of six children, you do what you have to do.

Which also includes getting your ten-year-old sister (who has a VERY high reading level relative to her age) to read Mistborn. And then pestering her about it constantly to get her to read faster.

I did that to my brother but he doesn't like to talk about the books he reads.

59 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

When you're a Sanderfan and also the oldest of six children, you do what you have to do.

Which also includes getting your ten-year-old sister (who has a VERY high reading level relative to her age) to read Mistborn. And then pestering her about it constantly to get her to read faster.

You're the oldest of six as well?

my siblings have the average emotional maturity of a 7-year-old(if you average them together). They have read Alcatraz, but not any of the other Sanderson works.

Posted (edited)

*raises my hand* I am also the oldest of six

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

I am the oldest of four.

I am the oldest of none. And the youngest. 

2nd oldest of eight

I've gotten two of my siblings into the cosmere and started a third on Elantris

And then many more friends too

YKYASFWY have a ~66% success rate in getting your family to read Sanderson books.

Posted (edited)

When you've kept track of the books you've read for the past 2 years and you realize that you've read 60 Sanderson books

tFE 5 times and tWoK 4 times are notable ones

Edited by GoWibble

I'm the oldest of 5, and I've gotten one if my siblings into the Cosmere! She's the only one one enough

On 6/11/2022 at 3:55 PM, Morningtide said:

I'm the oldest of 5, and I've gotten one if my siblings into the Cosmere! She's the only one one enough

Actually, I'm in the exact same situation. Oldest of 5, but only one Cosmere convert.

I'm the oldest of 3, and tried to get my sister into it. She didn't like WoK, and thought Mistborn was just ok. I think something is wrong with her, but who am I to judge? My brother is to young, but he is interested in reading it eventually

YKYASFWY watching Barbie Princess and the Popstar and she has a magical brush that changes her hair and you think Royal Locks?

When you have a dream about Brandon announcing the date of Stormlight changing to May 14, 2024...and then you look it up when you wake up, and it's a Tuesday

15 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

When you have a dream about Brandon announcing the date of Stormlight changing to May 14, 2024...and then you look it up when you wake up, and it's a Tuesday

... i dont know what this means

1 hour ago, Tani said:

... i dont know what this means

It means that I'm such a Sanderson fan that when I dream about books, even the logical stuff like a potential delay and then a potential release date are apparently taken into account.

Anyways, I'm betting that if Stormlight 5 is delayed to 2024, the date is going to be May 14, 2024. Because why not?

Posted (edited)

YKYASFW you release an evil laugh when someone sends you an email asking for book recommendations.

YKYASFW you run Cross Country and sometimes say the Ideals, and you say them often enough that your running buddy(who has not read Stormlight) says "journey before destination" when you say "strength before weakness".

Totally hypothetical, of course.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
Adding info

When you learn that the forlon arena used to be called The Tower and wonder when monsters overran Roshar.