Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,385 posts in this topic

Guys! Secret! This ^^ is not SECRET!

I think it's a bit late for that :lol:

51 minutes ago, Tani said:

Guys! Secret! This ^^ is not SECRET!

Given the activity level of that thread, and the number of views I think the whole shard knows at this point

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Given the activity level of that thread, and the number of views I think the whole shard knows at this point

yeah I agree everyone HAS to know about it by now.

Despite that, Brandon did ask, so let's try to keep things at least somewhat under wraps for longer than the very first day, perhaps? :P

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Despite that, Brandon did ask, so let's try to keep things at least somewhat under wraps for longer than the very first day, perhaps? :P

Oh, sorry! I didn't know Brandon asked.

6 minutes ago, Robin Sedai said:

Oh, sorry! I didn't know Brandon asked.

No worries! He just mentioned in the video that he wanted people to experience his news for themselves. I don't know exactly how much we'll be enforcing that, but spoiler boards will be up eventually. 

When your dream turns to a crack AU in which (The Final Empire spoilers, I guess?)

Spoiler

Breeze is Kelsier's heir instead of Vin.

Don't ask. I don't know.

When you call people cremlings as an insult. 

12 minutes ago, JungleFiend said:

When you call people cremlings as an insult. 

same here bro.

When you dream that as part of the new kickstarter you got to meet Brandon and ask him questions. This being a dream you don't actually have any coherent questions and you panic. You just said "Dawnshards" and Brandon silently slide a card across the table then you're was whisked away by his assistants.  

You got dream RAFO'd. 

34 minutes ago, Child of Hodor said:

When you dream that as part of the new kickstarter you got to meet Brandon and ask him questions. This being a dream you don't actually have any coherent questions and you panic. You just said "Dawnshards" and Brandon silently slide a card across the table then you're was whisked away by his assistants.  

You got dream RAFO'd. 

I'm pretty sure that counts as a nightmare.

3 hours ago, Child of Hodor said:

You got dream RAFO'd. 

haha, yeah that sounds like a nightmare.

When you have a dream that your house is burning down, and all you can think is that you can’t save your Sanderson books.

6 hours ago, Child of Hodor said:

You got dream RAFO'd. 

Yeah, that's terrifying. 

Posted (edited)

When you turn a mild thought about what the next Kickstarter could look like (it was about the Apocalypse Guard being made into a trilogy and being released throughout 2024) into an evening theorizing about how that can be turned into something even more awesome. And then you planned out a hypothetical release schedule for 2025 as well. (2026 is looking to be a quiet year, but 2027 will be the best year for the Cosmere after 2023, looking at my incredibly optimistic and supremely naive estimates.) 

Edited by Use the Falchion

when you call a nice looking nail a hemalurgic spike. (what? it looked like one!)

When you start using RAFO in your vocabulary

When you see a shape and immediately compare it to Brandon's signature.

On 3/13/2022 at 1:31 PM, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

When you start using RAFO in your vocabulary

This has happened for all of my siblings and some of them have never read a Sanderson book. (Don't blame them. They're not old enough to take on that big of a reading project yet.)

We've also started using various variations like Wafo and Lafo. (watch, listen.)

When you make bets how high the kickstarter will go.

When one of the highlights of your year is getting a shout out from brandon on a livestream!

When your music teacher, the day of the secret project announcement, asks what one of the best days of your life has been, and you say today. And then go on a looooooong explanation about who Brandon really is.

When you are working on spreadsheets and your teacher tells you to put in five random names, and you put Shallan, Szeth, Kaladin, Adolin, and Jasnah.

Then he tells you to put in their imagined salaries, and you try and think of when did Szeth have a job, and then you remember the Oathstone and put his salary as $0.

When you have to make a screen name for something and can't use your real name and end up agonizing over which cosmere thing to put. (I ended up doing Elsecaller)

When you are going through your fridge and see a package of Swiss cheese labeled “sliced Swiss” and somehow (I have no idea) read it as “sliced Lews Therin”. 

I'm new here, and I have a whole list.

When people at your school who are complete non-Sanderfans know what Shardblades are.

When you spend $200 on the Secret Projects.

When you have a dream where you hover slightly without realizing it, and attribute the ability to Windrunner powers.

When you have another dream where you summon a Shardblade when you're attacked.

When the white board at your work always has a stick drawn on it saying "I am a stick." 

When you're writing a persuasive speech in oral comm about why people should read Brandon Sanderson's books, then get distracted and spend half the class period looking at quotes by Brandon Sanderson.

When you stay up till midnight finishing Rhythm of War, then spend another hour and a half reading articles on the Coppermind.

When you daydream about meeting someone who is just as big a Sanderfan as you, because you seem to be all alone in your Sanderfan-ness.

And I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting, and more that will come in the future.