You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

Happy day for me (well, it's been a few weeks but I'm still in disbelief.)

After three years of struggling, I finally turned in my Master's Thesis. Felt really good going to the office and handing them the printed copies. What does this have to do with being a Sanderfan, you ask? 

Three years is a long time. In my acknowledgements page, at the very bottom:

"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

The most important words a graduate student can write are the next words."

On 9/23/2019 at 9:28 AM, Lunamor said:

Lies, it’s the recorder. :P

On 9/23/2019 at 11:30 AM, Paalm Tree said:

No its oboe, which is why I play it :D:D

On 9/23/2019 at 1:14 PM, John203 said:

Double reeds. Scoundrels, the lot of you. I play bass clarinet.

I love band culture :)

Here we are competing over the title of most annoying instrument, because it's a highly coveted position :D

15 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

YKYASW AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I just reread Mistborn (just the first one) and sat on my bed staring blankly at the wall trying not to sob for a good 10 minutes when IT happened.

I have never cried harder over any book ever. My copy is stained with my tears. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

2 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

The first time I didn’t understand for some reason, but I swear the part of me that understood was sobbing.

The sad thing is, I had flipped to that part earlier and kinda shrugged it off, saying, "He'll come back." But it still struck me like a, ahem, slap to the face and I ran upstairs sobbing and said, "I hate it when characters die." Of course, my parents, being Sanderfans themselves, knew exactly what had just happened and my mom gave me a hug.

Edited by Shard of Thought

37 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

The sad thing is, I had flipped to that part earlier and kinda shrugged it off, saying, "He'll come back." But it still struck me like a, ahem, slap to the face and I ran upstairs sobbing and said, "I hate it when characters die." Of course, my parents, being Sanderfans themselves, knew exactly what had just happened and my mom gave me a hug.

You have Sanderfan parents? LUCKY! I'm jealous. I'm trying to get my dad to read WoT and he took a year to get through EotW. :(

1 hour ago, Shard of Thought said:

Hah, funny story, my dad was reading WoT when I read OB so I had to keep my mouth shut about it for months. It was terrible. I remember when

Reveal hidden contents

Elhokar died

and I was just freaking out and my dad was confused, and I'm like, "READ THE FRICKEN' BOOK!"

I'm listening to that part right now. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

3 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

"READ THE FRICKEN' BOOK!"

I got my brother to start Mistborn but now he's on WoA and I keep starting conversations with him but then remember that spoilers are a thing. 

"Why is Zane so weird?"

me: "Long answer or short answer?"

"Uhhh short?

me:"Spoilers."

"Long?"

Me: "More in depth spoilers."

1 hour ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

I got my brother to start Mistborn but now he's on WoA and I keep starting conversations with him but then remember that spoilers are a thing. 

"Why is Zane so weird?"

me: "Long answer or short answer?"

"Uhhh short?

me:"Spoilers."

"Long?"

Me: "More in depth spoilers."

This was me while my brother was reading Era 1! Now it’s happening again for Era 2.