Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,218 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Cheyenne Sedai said:

You're lucky you can talk to your parents, or at least your mom about it. Mine don't understand, and they keep getting lost with all the names, but explaining without them is really hard.

 

"So, you know the guys with the brands who runs around carrying a literal bridge? Well, a smart aleck ghost girl who doesn't remeber her past is following him around and that gives him powers, so long as he doesn't do anything stupid..."

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

"So, you know the guys with the brands who runs around carrying a literal bridge? Well, a smart aleck ghost girl who doesn't remeber her past is following him around and that gives him powers, so long as he doesn't do anything stupid..."

Powers to turn rocks into stickers and jump really high

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 0:43 PM, Tani said:

When you slide across the hard front room floor every time you go through that room in socks, pretending your feet are Slicked.

When you try to do this and fail, because you forgot the socks.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When in bio class we are discussing Biotic vs Abiotic factors in an ecosystem, and you begin contemplating whether or not the Stormfather (or spren in general) count as biotic or abiotic. If anybody has an answer to this, please let me know, because honestly I could argue either way.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! I’m learning the same thing my test is next week.

My teacher is really confusing about it but he finally settled down on it needs to have its own cells to be Biotic. ( So stuff made from Biotic things aren’t Biotic like a nature valley bar)

So does the Stormfather have cells? I would say not. So Abiotic 
But a Shard would be Biotic.
 

But would it be like 10% biotic and 90% abiotic? I wonder...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Ha! I’m learning the same thing my test is next week.

My teacher is really confusing about it but he finally settled down on it needs to have its own cells to be Biotic. ( So stuff made from Biotic things aren’t Biotic like a nature valley bar)

So does the Stormfather have cells? I would say not. So Abiotic 
But a Shard would be Biotic.

But would it be like 10% biotic and 90% abiotic? I wonder...

Depends. Are we calling 'Shard' the power, the person, or the person+power?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Ha! I’m learning the same thing my test is next week.

My teacher is really confusing about it but he finally settled down on it needs to have its own cells to be Biotic. ( So stuff made from Biotic things aren’t Biotic like a nature valley bar)

So does the Stormfather have cells? I would say not. So Abiotic 
But a Shard would be Biotic.
 

But would it be like 10% biotic and 90% abiotic? I wonder...

My teacher said if it is alive it is biotic, if it is dead it is abiotic. Meaning hair is abiotic since it is dead cells, but bacteria are not. So the question is do we consider the Stormfather/Spren to be alive.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ishar said:

My teacher said if it is alive it is biotic, if it is dead it is abiotic. Meaning hair is abiotic since it is dead cells, but bacteria are not. So the question is do we consider the Stormfather/Spren to be alive.

Define alive.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When your autocorrect recognizes words such as Lerasium, Tanavast, perpendicularity, or Scadrial.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chinkoln said:

When your autocorrect recognizes words such as... perpendicularity

Perpendicularity is a real word

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As is Investiture, Vessel,. Shard, 17th, 16, Ambition, Devotion, Odium, etc.

It's more of when you add words to your Google dictionary like "metalmind" and all of it's derivatives

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those were the words I thought of while waiting for school to be over. Now that I have had some more time to think:

Feruchemy, Allomancy, Hemalurgy, Thaidakar, Sazed, Szeth, Rashek, Stormlight, Stormfather, Dysian Aimian

Also, I know that perpendicular is a real word, but I don’t think perpendicularity is a real word. A small change, but autocorrect loves to do small changes.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perpendicularity is a real word, it means the state of being perpendicular. As in, the hands of a clock are in perpendicularity at exactly 3 and 9 o'clock. It is also used in engineering/design as a type of tolerance. For example, the perpendicularity tolerance of the corner join on this cake form is half a degree.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fezzik said:

Perpendicularity is a real word, it means the state of being perpendicular. As in, the hands of a clock are in perpendicularity at exactly 3 and 9 o'clock. It is also used in engineering/design as a type of tolerance. For example, the perpendicularity tolerance of the corner join on this cake form is half a degree.

Nice

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you say motifs connect things in English class, and in your head, the C is capitalized.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you have to give a presentation on something that's important to you and you pick Elantris.

Then loan your teacher the book.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tani said:

When you have to give a presentation on something that's important to you and you pick Elantris.

Then loan your teacher the book.

Well played, Well played

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you spend hundreds of pages arguing fantasy war contests and physics in the Cosmere and refuse to let the subject die even if others tell you that your wrong much of the time.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you spend a half hour going through all of Brandon's books on Goodreads and adding them as to-reads or giving them ratings and consider it a wonderful use of your time.

In addition, when every video game animal you catch/tame/unlock is named after the cosmere in some way, sometimes without realizing it. (For example, naming one of your horses in Breath of the Wild "Amara" and realizing weeks later you accidently named a line of code after Amaram and mentally smack yourself.)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you get your entire family hooked on Skyward. Everyone from your brother who's in elementary school to your parents. (Both of my parents have also tried the Cosmere, but they didn't enjoy it too much.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tesh said:

 (Both of my parents have also tried the Cosmere, but they didn't enjoy it too much.)

That's impossible.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5803e8.jpg
When you have made so many Cosmere memes that you can identify a good template for almost any comment you see.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it's foggy out, and you're tempted to say "the mists are out today!"

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you're doing econ HW and have to write out the graph axis names and you write "real gross domestic product" and think of 1) what Wit would say about that and 2) what Lightsong said to that other Returned about not wanting to hear any secrets involving him (the other Returned, not Lightsong) and a privy.

 

When the red squiggly lines under Cosmere words no longer bother you. Mostly.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you’re listening to the song “Brown-Eyed Girl” and you expect it to go “Youuuu’re my darkeyed girl”

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.