Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,062 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Happened to me to!

I then proceeded to run away

I just pretended I hadn't noticed, and briskly walked away. While listening to the Graphic Audio recording of Alcatraz Vs. the Evil Librarians. :P

When your teacher mentions listening to an audiobook and noticing Sanderson in the recommended, then she proceeds to marvel at the fact that the audiobook is 48 hours long.

2 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

When your teacher mentions listening to an audiobook and noticing Sanderson in the recommended, then she proceeds to marvel at the fact that the audiobook is 48 hours long.

Unless "in the recommended" is your way of saying "after I repeatedly recommend it," I am disappointed that you allowed your teacher to have to find it on their own. 

2 hours ago, Ishar said:

Unless "in the recommended" is your way of saying "after I repeatedly recommend it," I am disappointed that you allowed your teacher to have to find it on their own. 

I’ve also repeatedly recommended it. Mainly by using one of his books for our quarterly book projects.

On 4/6/2021 at 4:55 PM, Ghanderflaffle said:

I’ve also repeatedly recommended it. Mainly by using one of his books for our quarterly book projects.

Nice. I first read The Way of Kings as part of a book project for school a few years ago, and we had to present a timeline of major events (using google slides), and my presentation was like 20 slides long while everyone else who didn't read epic fantasy had like 6 slides.

I went to NC this spring and had real seafood for the first time, and I was sure the waiter was serving me cremling instead of shrimp

this is among the most relatable memes:

Spoiler

45C740CD-156F-4C57-B964-46CED8E7D909.jpeg.8bbf84b9686a1d750806d3a06e3fafb0.jpeg

When you catch the Big Horse in The LEgend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and name it Ryshadium

On 4/27/2015 at 9:39 PM, Shattered said:

When it's impossible to read other fantasy because they never provide enough justification or explanation of the magic system(s).

Try going to Recluse. Also written by a Utahn. Be careful order is pretty challenging and takes time to establish.

On 4/28/2015 at 9:11 AM, mail-mi said:

You know you're an LDS Sanderfan when you wish that Moroni had started the Golden Plates with "I write these words in gold, for anything not set in metal cannot be trusted." 

No Nephi says they need Brass plates to ensure they have the truth then makes gold plates to enrich the future because only on metal plates can truth be preserved to ensure your people wont lose it and the truth should be as rich as possible.

Your a Sander fan when you hear the word Legion and think of someone out of their mind. Vindication also makes you think of revolvers.

Do you think Harry Callahan called his revolver vindication?

When you're tempted to swallow your earrings, throw coins on the ground and see if you can fly  ;-;

(don't swallow earrings)

When you have to hold in your words when a teacher recognizes your journey before destination shirt. 

When you decide to (attempt) to draw Taravangian, so you go to his Coppermind page for a physical description. You see it says he is about 70 in Rosharan years and spend the next 20 minutes doing exact calculations based on differences in hours, days, weeks, months, and years between the standard Gregorian calendar, and the Rosharn calendar. In the end, for those of you wondering, he would be about 77 years old in our years if he was 70 on Roshar.

Every ten of their years is about one in ours, so that checks out. 

27 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

When you decide to (attempt) to draw Taravangian, so you go to his Coppermind page for a physical description. You see it says he is about 70 in Rosharan years and spend the next 20 minutes doing exact calculations based on differences in hours, days, weeks, months, and years between the standard Gregorian calendar, and the Rosharn calendar. In the end, for those of you wondering, he would be about 77 years old in our years if he was 70 on Roshar.

I thought it was common knowledge that 1 rosharan year = 1.1 earth years

Just now, Doomstick said:

I thought it was common knowledge that 1 rosharan year = 1.1 earth years

I realized that after I did the research to find out

20 rosharan hours in 1 rosharan day

500 rosharan days in a rosharan year

and much else

When you have to write an "insightful" paper for ELA, and you choose the topic "Journey before Destination", just so you can sneak Stormlight Archive references into it.

When you slide across the hard front room floor every time you go through that room in socks, pretending your feet are Slicked.

When you have more than one full notebook of notes on his books, not only to understand them better, but because he's the biggest inspiration for you, and hearing the story behind WOK Prime makes you cry every time, but is also the biggest push for you to keep on writing, even with the possibility of not getting published.

When - while super sleepy - you're brainstorming for a writing assignment on your English book (assigned reading) and have to write a note to yourself on your brainstorming paper that says "No Mistborn/mistings        this is a different book."

When you accidentally use the term "Knights Radiant" in place of "Knights of the Round Table"

Also, when you try to train yourself to swear using "storms"

22 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Also, when you try to train yourself to swear using "storms"

THIS. THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW.

YKYASFWY finally convince your mom to read tWoK.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

YKYASFWY finally convince your mom to read tWoK.

yay!

When you and your mom have a casual competition to see who will finish Stormlight first. (We’ve both read it multiple times.)

1 hour ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

When you and your mom have a casual competition to see who will finish Stormlight first. (We’ve both read it multiple times.)

You're lucky you can talk to your parents, or at least your mom about it. Mine don't understand, and they keep getting lost with all the names, but explaining without them is really hard.