Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

8,945 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ishar said:

When you return to this thread after a notification for receiving a reputation point on a post on page 269 from June 2019. Do people actually go through threads like these to give reputation to posts that are that old? 

Edit: To the person who gave that post another reputation point after I posted this, well played.

the same happened to me!

5 hours ago, Voidspawn said:

When you accept The Way of Kings as religious text.

But... Sanderson’s works are religious texts...

1 hour ago, Ishar said:

I feel like some people ought to be mildly concerned over the amount of time they spend on this site... (although I think there are far more people who should be concerned time spent on social media as a whole I guess, at least the people on here can read more than a page of text without becoming bored or distracted).

:ph34r:

I have a problem...

(Though the rep was not me)

On 4/21/2015 at 8:26 PM, Kestrel said:

The first topic got locked for too many replies and I was like "oh my god. I killed it."

In any case.

Also, when you and your friends' humor consists of Cosmere pun-based humor.

And when you're gonna get your band director to read Mistborn. Will keep you updated on that feat.

I wish that would happen with me and my irl friends.

When you connect everything you study in some way to Sanderson's books. (talking about slavery during the Haitian revolution in history, my first thought was about the parsh; half of Nature of Science I have to stop myself from connecting everything to Cosmere physics out loud; thinking about the Lord Ruler when they ask about the symbolism of Big Brother in English class...) there are so many examples of that. 

Just now, Cheyenne Sedai said:

When you connect everything you study in some way to Sanderson's books. (talking about slavery during the Haitian revolution in history, my first thought was about the parsh; half of Nature of Science I have to stop myself from connecting everything to Cosmere physics out loud; thinking about the Lord Ruler when they ask about the symbolism of Big Brother in English class...) there are so many examples of that. 

Errrr double post

Just now, mathiau said:

Errrr double post

?? I'm only seeing it once

Just now, Cheyenne Sedai said:

?? I'm only seeing it once

You posted these two

8 minutes ago, Cheyenne Sedai said:

I wish that would happen with me and my irl friends.

3 minutes ago, Cheyenne Sedai said:

And no one posted in between

Just now, mathiau said:

You posted these two

And no one posted in between

oh ok. I didn't know there was a rule against that. I was replying to one I saw earlier, and had already planned to put the other one. 

Yes, double posting is frowned upon. Now, let us continue in our cult like obsession with our holy lord and master Brandon Sanderson.

44 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Yes, double posting is frowned upon. Now, let us continue in our cult like obsession with our holy lord and master Brandon Sanderson.

good to know, I had no idea.

YKYASFWY read and like books that Brandon didn't publish because they weren't good enough.

3 hours ago, Cheyenne Sedai said:

oh ok. I didn't know there was a rule against that. I was replying to one I saw earlier, and had already planned to put the other one. 

What’s that? You had two separate posts about two different things and you separated them. HOW DARE YOU!!!! Didn’t you know disparate posts should be lumped together because...ummm...Vorinism? ;)

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

YKYASFWY read and like books that Brandon didn't publish because they weren't good enough.

???

Do you mean don't read or like? or something else

You're not making a lot of sense

1 hour ago, I Just Shard Myself! said:

What’s that? You had two separate posts about two different things and you separated them. HOW DARE YOU!!!! Didn’t you know disparate posts should be lumped together because...ummm...Vorinism? ;)

No need to be sarcastic, it's so as to not clutter up the pages and spam. People can easily enough tell if it's on a different line, posts here are generally short enough that more than one is just unnecessary. :)

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

No need to be sarcastic, it's so as to not clutter up the pages and spam. People can easily enough tell if it's on a different line, posts here are generally short enough that more than one is just unnecessary. :)

No one NEEDS to be sarcastic. It’s just so much fun and such better style than open faced earnestness. ;)

8 hours ago, Ishar said:

When you return to this thread after a notification for receiving a reputation point on a post on page 269 from June 2019. Do people actually go through threads like these to give reputation to posts that are that old? 

Whoops. This thread amuses me, but I haven't read everything, so whenever I am in need of some good laughs I enter a random page number and then read through, giving rep to the ones that make me laugh out loud.

45 minutes ago, Mage said:

Whoops. This thread amuses me, but I haven't read everything, so whenever I am in need of some good laughs I enter a random page number and then read through, giving rep to the ones that make me laugh out loud.

May I recommend a lovely page 355 vintage, sir. It’s got a lovely bouquet of fresh innuendo and a mouth feel of the strongest flippancy. 

20 hours ago, Ishar said:

This thread is 355 pages. I find it difficult to believe that anybody reads through all 355 pages of this thread, but even if they do, I find it hard to believe that they still have reputation points leftover when they reach page 269. 

I mean I read through the entire TLT when I joined. I’m behind by about 500 pages now, so I don’t know if I will again.

20 hours ago, Ishar said:

This thread is 355 pages. I find it difficult to believe that anybody reads through all 355 pages of this thread, but even if they do, I find it hard to believe that they still have reputation points leftover when they reach page 269.

Also not me who gave the upvote, but I am that kind of person.  When I read, I must start at the beginning.  So I started at the fist post of you know you're a Sanderfan part one and read all the way up to the most recent post in you know you're a Sanderfan part two, stoping for the day whenever I ran out of upvotes to give.

16 hours ago, Nameless said:

13 hours ago, Frustration said:

???

Brandon has several unpublished novels that are pretty good. White Sand prose, Aether of Night, and Dragonsteel are all publicly available. They weren't good enough to get published, but they are still good reads.

When you see a QR code and go, "Whoa! A Forgery!" before reality hits, at which point you feel sad for a moment before having to move on in your actual life. sigh.

When you are playing the RPG "Everyone is John" and all you can think is " Wait we are playing 'Legion the RPG' "

1 hour ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

When you are playing the RPG "Everyone is John" and all you can think is " Wait we are playing 'Legion the RPG' "

When you play Idle Apocalypse and believe you are starting Desolations.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:06 PM, Frustration said:

???

"when you read and like books Brandon didn't publish because they weren't good enough," as in reading Way of Kings Prime, Dragonsteel, White Sand prose (books Brandon didn't publish because they weren't good enough), and they still read and like them even though they're supposed to be subpar.