You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

Just now, Lunamor said:

YKYASW you get an unnatural amount of satisfaction from watching a stick become fire in a campfire. 

Correction: You Know You're not a Sanderfan When you get an unnatural amount of satisfaction from watching a stick become fire in a campfire. 

29 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

YKYASW you get an unnatural amount of satisfaction from watching a stick become fire in a campfire. 

28 minutes ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Correction: You Know You're not a Sanderfan When you get an unnatural amount of satisfaction from watching a stick become fire in a campfire. 

Correction: YKYASW you think of Stick when a stick is rapidly oxidizing in a campfire, leaving residue

A long time ago, so long I don’t even want to bother finding the post, I mentioned here how I made a collage out of art from my old small copy of TWOK when it fell apart. Iirc I never posted a picture, so YKYASW you make...this. 

529FDABB-7D43-4F68-8AD5-95F75E2AA958.jpeg

Edited by AonEne

On 7/23/2019 at 2:44 AM, AonEne said:

A long time ago, so long I don’t even want to bother finding the post, I mentioned here how I made a collage out of art from my old small copy of TWOK when it fell apart. Iirc I never posted a picture, so YKYASW you make...this. 

529FDABB-7D43-4F68-8AD5-95F75E2AA958.jpeg

'Ene,  that's beautiful. Wonderful even.

When you keep wanting to call Michael Crawford, Michael Krammer. Luckily, even I can't mix up Sarah Brightman and Kate Reading.I

When you realize your obsession with Phantom of the Opera is beginning to verge on rivaling your obsession with the Cosmere, and you are experiencing a very serious internal crisis.

Save me from myself.

When you send your group chat a picture of your two shelves of Sanderson books, and your friend responds, "You have a shrine worshiping his books," and you respond, "I worship all my books, his just more than others."

when you demand daily book reports from your dad, who is listening to Oathbringer in the car on audiobook. He accidentally predicted TWO of the MAJOR twists!! I was so mad. the first one was (OB spoilers, obviously)

Spoiler

that the humans were, in fact, the Voidbringers

and the second one, the one that really got me, was

Spoiler

that Dalinar was writing the part one epigraphs. I actually tried to nudge him into thinking it was Jasnah, because it makes the reveal so much more fun, but I don't think he bought it :(

So, in summary, I was slightly sad about that. But he really seems to be enjoying it!

Also, YKYASFW you, ahem, strongly advise your dad to listen to the entire Cosmere on audiobook.

4 hours ago, Reckless Reader said:

when you demand daily book reports from your dad, who is listening to Oathbringer in the car on audiobook. He accidentally predicted TWO of the MAJOR twists!! I was so mad. the first one was (OB spoilers, obviously)

Hide contents

that the humans were, in fact, the Voidbringers

and the second one, the one that really got me, was

Hide contents

that Dalinar was writing the part one epigraphs. I actually tried to nudge him into thinking it was Jasnah, because it makes the reveal so much more fun, but I don't think he bought it :(

So, in summary, I was slightly sad about that. But he really seems to be enjoying it!

Also, YKYASFW you, ahem, strongly advise your dad to listen to the entire Cosmere on audiobook.

I’m listening to ob with my mom! We just finished p1

On 7/28/2019 at 0:15 PM, Ethan_Sedai said:

When the Cosmere makes more sense than shirt sizes. 

Does anyone actually understand shirt sizes?  I always feel like Wayne when looking at them suspicious that the rich people are randomly assigning numbers to the clothing.

YKYASW before going online you have to tell the Wyndle part of your mind to shut up.

3 minutes ago, Karger said:

Does anyone actually understand shirt sizes?  I always feel like Wayne when looking at them suspicious that the rich people are randomly assigning numbers to the clothing.

Yes, that is exactly how I feel, except they also randomly assign “Small/medium/large” almost independently of the numbers. 

Just now, Ethan_Sedai said:

Yes, that is exactly how I feel, except they also randomly assign “Small/medium/large” almost independently of the numbers. 

I know!  And this does not account for most of us as humans don't generally fit in the right proportions so either you have the right size and your sleeves are loose or too tight...