You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When someone says 'Splinter' or 'Shard' and you freak out.

Screaming every time the progress bar on SA4 goes up.

When you stub your toe and yell "RUST AND RUIN!"

When your Kahoot! name is cosmere related.

When you are told to do something and mutter 'Honor is dead but I'll see what I can do."

When every somebody says chivalry is dead but you correct them because clearly honor is the dead one. 

34 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

YKYASW you misread "Color Guard" as "Cobalt Guard" and almost walk up and ask the girl where she got the jacket from.

I had a similar experience where someone in the band had a sweater that said TUBA on the front, and I thought “I didn’t know TUBA had sweaters...” and then I saw someone else wearing one that said TRUMPET.

2 hours ago, Ethan_Sedai said:

I had a similar experience where someone in the band had a sweater that said TUBA on the front, and I thought “I didn’t know TUBA had sweaters...” and then I saw someone else wearing one that said TRUMPET.

OH MY GOODNESS TUBA SWEATERS THIS SOUNDS AMAZING I WANT ONE!

You know you’re a Sanderfan when you get bored during a ward party and draw this on the table since they had paper tablecloths. (No, this was not from memory. I used the Coppermind as reference for most of these.)

Spoiler

F702C490-0604-4C88-A291-D8DA94983473.thumb.jpeg.43d4b02dcd399c1054e8a6f05dde1491.jpeg

Edited by Rebecca

YKYASW you phone not only recognizes the word Kaladin, but it assumes you mean to use the word Renarin right after. Proof, that I Hoid, belong with the two hottest Radiants in the Cosmere, Kaladin and Renarin!:wub:

Edited by whattheHoid

When you have a shirt that says “I survived AP calculus” on the back, and you tell your friend who is also a sanderfan “I am the Survivor of Calculus.”

And then he responds “whoa! I want to see those algebra scars running down your arms!”

Edited by Ethan_Sedai

3 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Bought the UK 10th anniversary Mistborn hardbacks and gave the paperbacks to my little sister to read. Little does she know the heartbreak to ensue.....

My advice is that after she reads the first book, tell her that you'll see Kelsier again. This is technically true, but it will leave her hoping for a happily ever after. Sanderson doesn't do happily ever afters. Also, be sure to be in the room when they finish "The hero of ages." Trust me, the reaction is to die for.

10 hours ago, ShardShaper said:

My advice is that after she reads the first book, tell her that you'll see Kelsier again. This is technically true, but it will leave her hoping for a happily ever after. Sanderson doesn't do happily ever afters. Also, be sure to be in the room when they finish "The hero of ages." Trust me, the reaction is to die for.

I know, I was considering telling her that sliiiiiight spoiler but I'll wait and see what happens. I wish someone had told me all this when I read them for the first time and I wouldn't have been heartbroken for years!

13 hours ago, ShardShaper said:

I'm sorry, but I am in STRONG disagreement with you there. Never under any circumstances do you hint at a plot twist. it will, not might, but will ruin the moment. especially since this is one of the most shocking moments in the series. it's also completely reliant on being certain that you will never see Kelsier again. That is what makes that moment so incredible!

that being said, you should totally play with your sibling's emotions as they read. My brother is reading HoA, and it is so much fun to drop things like, "you think that plot twist was shocking, just wait until Spook turns out to be the long lost heir of the lord ruler!"

2 hours ago, Wander89 said:

I know, I was considering telling her that sliiiiiight spoiler but I'll wait and see what happens. I wish someone had told me all this when I read them for the first time and I wouldn't have been heartbroken for years!

don't. The heartbreak is what makes the reveal so sweet. Also, slight spoiler!?

Edited by not an Evil Librarian

3 hours ago, not an Evil Librarian said:

don't. The heartbreak is what makes the reveal so sweet. Also, slight spoiler!?

Yeah, I meant the fact a certain person is there in Secret History? She plans to read them all and I don't want to spoil a thing so I agree that I won't tell her anything, just let it all unravel right in front of her innocent eyes.