You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

You know Sandersonitis is spreating in your family, when you get the Master Thesis from your daughter and the acknowledgements are underlined with the words:

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination"

Edited by hypatia

I don't actually swear in real life, I just came up with something to say.

When you are being creative and stitch some designs in a shirt, and realize that they are allomantic symbols.

You are in science and the teacher asks, "What is the name of our universe?" and you instinctively shout out "Cosmere!". In exasperation, she asks "What is the name of our planet?" and she gets varying responses. The responses are as follows-Scadrial, Sel, Roshar, Nalthis, Taldian, and Threnody. You sit back in satisfaction, your work here is done, and the Almighty's will has been taught. (The Almighty is also called Brandon Sanderson)

57 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

You are in science and the teacher asks, "What is the name of our universe?" and you instinctively shout out "Cosmere!". In exasperation, she asks "What is the name of our planet?" and she gets varying responses. The responses are as follows-Scadrial, Sel, Roshar, Nalthis, Taldian, and Threnody. You sit back in satisfaction, your work here is done, and the Almighty's will has been taught. (The Almighty is also called Brandon Sanderson)

1 hour ago, Chinkoln said:

When you are being creative and stitch some designs in a shirt, and realize that they are allomantic symbols.

Hey Chinkoln, quick heads up, try not to post multiple times in a row. The moderators get grumpy when you do that. Instead, just edit your previous post if you have something to say.

I would be VERY concerned if the Doctor was half as... manipulative as Hoid :)

I mean, you're right, but they have very different vibes.

EDIT: Also! That reminded me of this... (Not sure where it's from, I found it on a Google search)

274.png

Edited by Reckless Reader

I live in Israel so a lot of the media I consume is in hebrew and there was that  one commercial I was half listening to when it said something about "another day", now in hebrew that is pronounced Od Yom( עוד יום ) and I was like- Odium?

Hah! How I would’ve loved to have been in that room! Have an upvote (*or three :ph34r:) friend! :D

YKYASF when you realize that your crush’s crush (who is also your best friend (who is crushing on a completely different girl (yes it’s complicated (It’s also hilarious)))) is a lighteyes, and since you’re a darkeyes you really have your work cut out for ya.

*I am not insinuating that I am multi-accounting at all I’m just hinting that maybe this post** deserves a minimum of three upvotes please do not disembowl me.

**and by this post I mean the post above me.

Edited by The Technovore

On 3/5/2019 at 8:34 AM, Reckless Reader said:

I would be VERY concerned if the Doctor was half as... manipulative as Hoid :)

I mean, you're right, but they have very different vibes.

EDIT: Also! That reminded me of this... (Not sure where it's from, I found it on a Google search)

274.png

That is really great. I totally agree!

When someone in a book says "Storms", and you accept it instinctively as a curse, then have to go back, confused, when that's not it.

When there's a place called the Rift and people called Ardents in the same book, and you're just sitting there, internally freaking out.

The person I'm now working on converting recently finished WoK. She sent me a text with a lot of capitalized letters asking if Kaladin and Adolin became best friends.

YKYASF when your response to something like that is simply RAFO.

17 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you see this book and think "really? A Mistborn knockoff? Come on, have some respect!"

1552352112115.jpg

Yeah... even the quote at the top! “Action and adventure with a fearless heroine at the helm.” Sounds a bit too familiar...