Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,015 posts in this topic

When you find yourself sprinkling various metals into your drinks.

When you wonder how the mistborn fandom is not being wiped out by metal poisoning.

When you try to Awaken your custom Hoid action figure.

When you keeping waiting for Harry Potter to say the Words.

Hey fellow nerds, I’m going to ask you to do something for me. I need a name for a goat I’m showing this year. I want it to fit my theme that I’m using for sheep. This theme is Warbreaker. For sheep, I have Blushweaver, Lightsong, Bluefingers, Colors, Siri, Scoot, Vasher, and Nightblood. The goat is female and she looks like most boer goats (check the spoiler). This is a bit off topic, but I figured it's pretty nerdy to name all my animals after Warbreaker characters.

When you ask fellow nerds to name a goat after a character in Warbreaker...

Spoiler

72472FD2-3DA7-4ECE-93A0-87AA7F9B161F.png.4f0bbfeef1fdf4f8f8cb208017059777.png

5 hours ago, BringerOfLight said:

When you find yourself sprinkling various metals into your drinks.

Um, maybe, just hear me out on this: Maybe don't do that.

33 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Hey fellow nerds, I’m going to ask you to do something for me. I need a name for a goat I’m showing this year. I want it to fit my theme that I’m using for sheep. This theme is Warbreaker. For sheep, I have Blushweaver, Lightsong, Bluefingers, Colors, Siri, Scoot, Vasher, and Nightblood. The goat is female and she looks like most boer goats (check the spoiler). This is a bit off topic, but I figured it's pretty nerdy to name all my animals after Warbreaker characters.

Reveal hidden contents

Fafen, after Siri and Vivenna's sister who became a monk, both because it fits the theme, is female, and sounds like a sound a goat would make

1 hour ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Reveal hidden contents

Jewels, maybe? Vivenna/Siri? Endowment/Edgli? And I am personally offended that you didn't name one Clod. 

53 minutes ago, BringerOfLight said:

Jewels, maybe? Vivenna/Siri? Endowment/Edgli? And I am personally offended that you didn't name one Clod. 

I had a few I needed to use like Vasher, Siri, and Lightsong. I had a Vivenna but I changed her to Scoot.

What about one of the other Returned? There’s Calmseer, the kind one that Lifesong respected before she died. Or you could do Allmother or Calmseer, two other female Returned. You could also name her after Shashara, who was Vasher’s wife and helped create sentient Awakened objects. She was one of the Five Scholars.

3 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Hide contents

Edgli, perhaps? Turns out, Endowment wasn’t a dragon this whole time, she was a goat!

7 hours ago, BringerOfLight said:

When you try to Awaken your custom Hoid action figure.

Sorry, your what? Where did you get this, and how do I get one? 

4 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

I need a name for a goat I’m showing this year. I want it to fit my theme that I’m using for sheep. This theme is Warbreaker. 

IT’S ADORABLE. GIVE IT ALL YOUR BREATH. I second Fafen or Calmseer. 

You know you’re a Sanderfan when you’ve dreamed so many times about reading RoW that in your dream, you literally think “This has been going on for too long and is too detailed to be a dream this time! This is the real book!” 

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

You know you’re a Sanderfan when you’ve dreamed so many times about reading RoW that in your dream, you literally think “This has been going on for too long and is too detailed to be a dream this time! This is the real book!”

I don't know if I've ever told this story, but I once had an oddly prophetic dream involving Oathbringer. A few months before the cover art was revealed, I dreamed I was at a Wal-Mart, in their measly book section, and I saw Oathbringer sitting there, with a cover that was very similar to what the NA cover was (As in it had the same character on the cover, holding a shardblade). 

Now, fast forward to post Oathbringer's release, I'm leisurely walking around Wal-Mart, and I decide to walk through the book aisle- and there it is, Oathbringer. In a store that has never once, nor at any time since stocked a single Sanderson book.

Kinda weird right?

Yes! They pretty much never have Sanderson books, but that’s where I bought Oathbringer from, just because that’s where I first encountered it! 

Just now, AonEne said:

Yes! They pretty much never have Sanderson books, but that’s where I bought Oathbringer from, just because that’s where I first encountered it! 

Oh my! The plot thickens. (I did an Amazon preorder for day one reading purposes)

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I don't know if I've ever told this story, but I once had an oddly prophetic dream involving Oathbringer. A few months before the cover art was revealed, I dreamed I was at a Wal-Mart, in their measly book section, and I saw Oathbringer sitting there, with a cover that was very similar to what the NA cover was (As in it had the same character on the cover, holding a shardblade). 

Now, fast forward to post Oathbringer's release, I'm leisurely walking around Wal-Mart, and I decide to walk through the book aisle- and there it is, Oathbringer. In a store that has never once, nor at any time since stocked a single Sanderson book.

Kinda weird right?

I'm telling you people in books having foresight dreams are totally real, I dreamed about a big reveal in a TV show and it was right! Although I can't be sure if I saw a video theory before or after the dream with the same prediction, but I'm pretty sure it was after.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

This has happened SO many times and I always fall for it.

When you don't answer genie wish question because you would rather avoid the bane.

YKYASFW you're feeling down about work and your SO knows one of the only ways to bring your mood back up is to buy a BrandoSando book. Dark One, here we come!

My computer just crashed for a moment and it showed me 200 new replies...:blink:

I really kinda like Fafen, so I’m gonna go with that. Truthless I did like the fact that Endowment is a dragon, but I was already really liking Fafen. 

Anyways, YKYASW you hear the name Adolin and get really excited.

ykyasfw you draw many cosmere related drawings that took multiple hours! I might send pictures of the drawings sometime!!!

4 minutes ago, Shallan&Pattern said:

ykyasfw you draw many cosmere related drawings that took multiple hours! I might send pictures of the drawings sometime!!!

Please do! I for one would love to see them.

3 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

I really kinda like Fafen, so I’m gonna go with that. Truthless I did like the fact that Endowment is a dragon, but I was already really liking Fafen. 

Anyways, YKYASW you hear the name Adolin and get really excited.

YKYASW when you get really excited by helping to name a goat after an obscure Warbreaker side character

When you're rereading the Count of Monte Cristo, get to the part where Edmond mentions the Almighty, and think: I could swear I thought he was Catholic!

When you watch TV and, instead of paying attention to what's going on, try to decide which actors would play which Cosmere characters the best.

When a family member has an injury and your first thought (after, you know, sympathy) is: if only he had a set of Plate...

When you see an adorable picture of a baby goat (OH MY GOD, SO CUTE) and wonder immediately if they have goats on Roshar, and then feel really sad when you realize they probably don't.

When you try to justify Christianity with investure.

(Seriously, I have done it)

*posting 8000 post in this thread* MWAHAHAHA!

Edited by Emi