You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When someone tells you they skipped to the end of WoA and you give them such a guilt inducing lecture in which you somehow manage to convince them that they misunderstood what they cheated to read and Elend did not, and I quote, "gain magic metal superpowers."

13 hours ago, Sunbird said:

When you go to see Aquaman in theaters, and one of the giant crablike sea monsters prompts the thought, "Oh hey look, a chasmfiend!"

I'm not alone, then. Good.

When Atlantis came on screen for the first time, my first thought was "I really want an underwater Shardworld".

On 1/3/2019 at 11:28 PM, Sunbird said:

When you go to see Aquaman in theaters, and one of the giant crablike sea monsters prompts the thought, "Oh hey look, a chasmfiend!"

That was the FIRST thing I thought. Great minds, right? And anyway, the way I often describe the Rosharian ecosystem to people is that it's like a tide pool. All crabs and snails and stuff that retracts into shells. If you think about it, Roshar is more reminiscent of an aquatic environment than a terrestrial one.

On 1/4/2019 at 0:28 AM, Sunbird said:

On 1/4/2019 at 1:30 PM, Rasarr said:

I'm not alone, then. Good.

When Atlantis came on screen for the first time, my first thought was "I really want an underwater Shardworld".

17 minutes ago, Reckless Reader said:

That was the FIRST thing I thought. Great minds, right? And anyway, the way I often describe the Rosharian ecosystem to people is that it's like a tide pool. All crabs and snails and stuff that retracts into shells. If you think about it, Roshar is more reminiscent of an aquatic environment than a terrestrial one.

My thoughts exactly. “That’s one heck of a chasmfiend.” 

Theory: Aquaman is set on Roshar 1000 years in the future!

And RR, I hadn’t thought of that, but you are totally right! Skyeels, all the crabs, spren as algae-like stuff, etc.

Okay I have a few. 

When your 5 year old puts an orange and some strawberries on his plate and says “I’m eating two types of berries, Mom.” I didn’t know my kid was Rosharan. (Picking oddly specific words to describe a broad variety of things)

When you recommended Sanderson to a friend and she says she started Mistborn and has read the prologue and loved it so you continue to gush about how great it all is and how the first book is awesome but as a trilogy it is phenomenal. And then give yourself chills just thinking about the ending. (Then she went on to say she is a little nervous because she gets crazy attached to characters and still isn’t over Fred Weasley and already loves Kelsier and you think oh these books will crush you but in the best possible way.)

When you are watching Jimmy Fallon with your husband and he points out that Jimmy Fallon has his own Wit. 

When you feel personally offended during the following experience:

Your brother, who has read, and hence loved, Mistborn asks for the title of “the next Brandon trilogy,” by which he means Stormlight. So I tell him, and then launch into an explanation of the series (because I want him to have realistic expectations-it being larger and longer than he has read and that 3 of 10 are writte ). I talk about the two five-book story arcs, and then mention that each book is essentially a trilogy and a novella and my sister who was sitting nearby started laughing. And now she is telling each member of my family this while laughing. She thinks I’m making it up. So I told her this is like his big epic fantasy, something he didn’t know if he’d ever publish because he didn’t know if anyone would want to read it (I thought I’d read he said something like that). And she said, “and no one is reading it.” And I said “everyone is reading it.” And that made her laugh more. And I’m feeling personally offended, but also defensive about Brandon and his awesomeness.

Currently, the only redeeming quality of my sister is that she’s on page 150 of Mistborn. 

When you're trying to tell your friend about Hemalurgy, and she somehow twists that into "magic insulin needles", and you're just trying to rein that in but can't.

When you see a lady with a bird on her shoulder in a video, and someone says a character is a time traveler, and you think "Worldhopper - there's a difference. That must be an Aviar."

When you get Sanderson books for Christmas and your birthday.

When this is your birthday cake.

473F00C1-77E5-4980-9659-2A7B97C0CC43.thumb.jpeg.055587cdad7f30a4643b0af126703c8d.jpeg

Edited by AonEne
typo

On 1/7/2019 at 6:21 PM, Philomath said:

When you are watching Jimmy Fallon with your husband and he points out that Jimmy Fallon has his own Wit. 

My gosh, Higgins IS Wit!!! :lol:

How did I not realize it before?!

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

473F00C1-77E5-4980-9659-2A7B97C0CC43.thumb.jpeg.055587cdad7f30a4643b0af126703c8d.jpeg

Yum. I should ask for a cake like that.

When you start thinking you want to have a Mistborn-themed birthday. :ph34r:

When you get Legion for Christmas and your brother gets Skyward for Christmas because of the influence you've had on him.

When the most common question for your brother becomes "What part of the book're you on?" (He just started Lift's interlude in Words of Radiance.)

When the only reason you're up till 4AM (a couple weeks ago) is because you can't put down Skyward until you're all the way done with it.

When most of the memes you make after getting the Mematic app are Sanderson memes.

12 hours ago, AonEne said:

This is awesome. I actually love decorating cakes and cookies and a few of my future ideas are me totally being a Sanderfan and having the design being inspired by his books and the artwork. When I do them, I’ll for sure post them in the Fan Art section. 

When during a roleplaying section, you and another player ( @Sorana ) while trying to figure out what could be in a couple very weighty chests are trying to figure out the probable systematic density of atium. (While another player tries converting the dimensions given into possible weights for other allomantically relevant metals)

When this leads to a discussion about how asking Brandon would get a "Read and Never Find Out" because it's probably completly irrelevant.

When you have a bad stomach ache and all you can think about is:

Why in the world is the Dor trying to force itself through me, I'm not even an elantrian...

*Draws Aon Daa in the air to check* 

Nope not a elantrian :(

Also when you draw the random Aon Daa in the face of your enemies

When you drive past a “Crematorium” sign and wonder why they have crem on display.

When your roleplay characters read Sanderson and reference it.

When people say an allomantic metal and your first thought is the allomantic/feruchemic property.