Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,010 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, spren of destruction said:

I wish I had converted my ALL classes. Your English teacher seems like a tough nut to crack. Retain hope though It is always possible to convert the non-believers. Your best hopes are if you convince them that reading Sanderson is needed to understand their class. Also that they are only true English teachers if they have read the Sanderson literature. Finally if they are anti-fantasy just say its fine if they read Sanderson. Sanderson's books are Epic fantasy so it's all good. Why would anyone not want to read epic fantasy. Its epic for storming sakes.

Edit: I just realized though that I do not want to convert my classes. Once I do so then people will discriminate against me because I am a dark-eyes. Maybe if I get them to read everything but Stormlight. 

so you know you are a Sanderfan if you want to convince people to read Sanderson but don't want to because then they will know what you truly are. All those light-eyes will finally have an excuse to pester me a dark-eyes

Hah- I felt that. However I'm confuzeled about my eye rank. I have hazel eyes and they change color. Some days they look green and are light, somedays they look brown and are  dark. 

Also- I was having a conversation with a boy at my table I have converted. He just finish oathbringer and I am working on finding him a mistborn book. We were discussing ships in Oathbringer, specifically Shalladin. (Shallan/Kaladin) He is a strong Shalladin Believer and so am I. Someone made a joke. (One of the others that I have converted, They are only on way of kings. But They have read mistborn.) He shouted. "SHALINAR!!!) (Shallan/dallinar) Though I realized it was a joke, we had almost all of the Sanderfans (Mostly the extraverted ones, but a couple of the quiet ones) Arguing and commenting on how wrong Shalinar is. Eventually it calmed down, and me and the first kind continued to talk about Shalladin Possibilities. (I can only imagine the what the one's I haven't converted might have been thinking about our loud argument. It was also during Science class and my teacher is almost always out of the room.) Eventually we actually got back to work and chatted about other cosmere things. 

(spoliers end of oathbringer.) 

Spoiler

WIth the end of oathbringer we were both sad that Shalladin was impossible, But I was still happy for Shallan and Adolin. I kinda wanted them to be together too. I hope you guys get that too...

Anyway. After that, one of the non-cosmere kids looks at us and says to me and that first kid: "I ship you two."

Awkward. We were both embarrased and they commented " oooh you two are blushing it means its truuuue!"

I mean... it doesn't... we were just flustered. But We just tried to ignore them. And we went back to conversations about how all of the eithgrade girls are being immodest with their hands, we talked about which foods we were sad we couldn't eat, and  class ended.

When half of your post has spell check yelling at you for cosmere words.

Sorry for the massive post.

38 minutes ago, Shallan&Pattern said:

Anyway. After that, one of the non-cosmere kids looks at us and says to me and that first kid: "I ship you two."

Awkward. We were both embarrased and they commented " oooh you two are blushing it means its truuuue!"

I ship it :ph34r:

YKYASFW you realize the Beast in the live action Beauty and the Beast is a Mistborn. Also, when your phone recognizes Mistborn as a word. 

On 4/27/2015 at 9:39 PM, Shattered said:

When it's impossible to read other fantasy because they never provide enough justification or explanation of the magic system(s).

Allow me to introduce the Silmarilion.

On 5/15/2015 at 8:53 PM, Kairos said:

Wait, let me guess. They forgot how to yodel badly?

Finally someone else read the terms and conditions!!

30 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

Finally someone else read the terms and conditions!!

You do realize these are from 2015, right? :P 

You know you’re a Sanderfan when you realize that the Black and White Pokemon games’ Legendaries have a focus on...truths and ideals. Truths and Ideals! 

20 hours ago, AonEne said:

You do realize these are from 2015, right? :P 

You know you're a Sanderfan when time has no meaning

4 hours ago, Booknerd said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when time has no meaning

In the Spiritual Realm :ph34r: 

when you see a cloud stretch over the horizon behind you and you start sprinting home to outrun the highstorm

37 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

when you see a cloud stretch over the horizon behind you and you start sprinting home to outrun the highstorm

Welcome to the Shard! Are you secretly Fleet? :P 

YKYASFW you first read a song title as "You Really Got a Hoid on Me."

On 6/7/2015 at 11:33 AM, Shattered said:

Brandon is seriously the ultimate writer. There's hardly a single aspect of writing that anyone does better than him.

Tolkien is a superior World builder

On 6/18/2015 at 1:02 AM, DanTheSeamonster said:

When you're disappointed in how darn tiny non-Sanderson books are.

So true I got so embarrassed trying to check out a non-Sanderson book I was like Ahhh it's so short.

25 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

Tolkien is a superior World builder

Tolkien also spent 20-30 years building Middle Earth.

Just now, Jaywalk said:

Tolkien also spent 20-30 years building Middle Earth.

It's called ARDA! *cries* and no one knows *weeping continues*

When you have access to basically the entire internet, but find yourself here 

When you and your sister get bored while stuck at home and decide to paint some rocks. And you paint some Cosmere ones!

Spoiler

E91ED016-7944-46A6-8FDA-E769BD7F348D.thumb.jpeg.82deafb01e57abafc74360b662fbd3f2.jpeg

On 3/30/2020 at 7:28 AM, The_Archivist said:

Did you make it?

YKYASF when you've used social distancing a Sanderson-converting opportunity (and been succeeding finally! :D). And when you've walked over to one of these friends' houses to talk to them about MB from about ten feet away. 

When you start referring to the Covid-19 epidemic as the True Desolation

"I have seen the end, and have heard it named. The Epidemic of Sorrows, the True Desolation. The Quarantine."

Edited by HemalurgicStickBreaker

You know you are a sanderfan when you have made somewhere between 30-60 people read sanderson, and more because you made the librarian buy the entire cosmere (and skyward and alcatraz and rithmatist and reckoners)

YKYASFWY publicly claim forks are regal weapons.

YKYASFWY wish the library was open just because the person you finally convinced to read the Cosmere doesn't have the books checked out.

On 8/10/2015 at 7:56 PM, Alvron said:

This only counts if you also consider breaking into their home to steal the book. :ph34r:

No joke I told my uncle in January that RoW manuscript was done and his response was along the lines of let's steal it I'm not waiting until November.

On 8/15/2015 at 11:36 AM, picksupchickens said:

When you constantly compare other authors to him and find them lacking.

Most of the time I will agree with you, there is just one Granddaddy of Fantasy J.R.R. Tolkien you forgot about.

9 hours ago, Booknerd said:

Most of the time I will agree with you, there is just one Granddaddy of Fantasy J.R.R. Tolkien you forgot about.

I like Tolkien and his originality is just as if not more impressive then "The Sand-man" but Sanderson is a better writer

/\

When you constantly criticize other peoples books/authors, like this ||