Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,015 posts in this topic

the "N D" XD

12 hours ago, AonEne said:

I wonder how confused the people who see “to be featured on ykyasw today” will be :P 

I thought that too! But they are confused anyways. It's mostly seniors in that class, so their last day I will write an explanation.

7 hours ago, DoomStick said:

the "N D" XD

:lol:

ykyasf when you are playing a video game (If anyone is familiar with Town of Salem), and you put in a note "*Everstorm approaches*" and one of the other players immediately asks "When do the parshendi show up?"

Edited by Ishar

You know you are a Sanderfan when you got a fanart collection of Stormlight archive that rotates as your desktop background

Eg: 1

Bridge jump by mattforsyth on DeviantArt.jpg

When you refer to Arcanum to check something in Warbreaker.

When you wake up at two in the morning, read Warbreaker for two hours (I had to finish the book), then go back to sleep.

When you are annoyed with Brandon's slowness at writing.

So basically my English teacher makes us do this thing called No Red Ink which is just this site where you can practice grammar. The twist is that you can create names for the subjects for all the sentences, and so as a Sanderfan, I naturally put in several cosmere characters' name. Here are some of the results: 

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 12.57.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.12.00 PM.png

Edit: "How many gummy worms do you think I can fit in my mouth at once?" mused Dalinar.

"Doesn't matter," Lift said, "you just need awesomeness, and these are reeaaaaally awesome! Like deevy awesome!"

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

Is my computer failing again or have you guys disappeared for 9 days. Did a chasmfiend eat you?

I certainly didn’t disappear! Just haven’t had anything to say :P 

Here, today I saw the name Deveraux and thought instantly of @Stormblessed Dolphin

I thought about saying something about how Covid-19 had killed be thread, but then I thought that with people stuck at home, they would be on the shard more. Then I realized, this thread is somewhat old and might be in the high risk category. 

Nooooooooooo! :(

Edited by Shallan&Pattern

It’s five years old. What’s the ratio of thread age to human age? What makes a thread elderly? At what age do they reach maturity? 

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

It’s five years old. What’s the ratio of thread age to human age? What makes a thread elderly? At what age do they reach maturity? 

Er... I don't know... I have only been on this site for a little while and it is kinda my first site with any kind of thread. :blink:

5 whole years old. I think that this thread is absolutely elderly. Is there a thread hospital or will this thread be one of the lucky few who are immune. Also assuming that Threads can gain magic power and assuming that Covid-19 is that one Sanderson magic system where when you catch the illness you get magic powers what magic power would this thread get.

I have some ideas

The power of staying alive.

The power of causing laughs.

The power of being a Sanderfan.

The power of knowing what will happen in future Sanderson books.

The power of reviving fans like me who haven't posted in months from the dead.

YKYASFW you are trying to sleep and thinking about if the house was on fire, what you would grab as you escape and the two things you think of are your phone and all of your sanderson books. Spesifically signed ones.

6 hours ago, Shallan&Pattern said:

YKYASFW you are trying to sleep and thinking about if the house was on fire, what you would grab as you escape and the two things you think of are your phone and all of your sanderson books. Spesifically signed ones.

Me: HOW CAN I CARRY THEM ALL

12 minutes ago, DoomStick said:

Me: HOW CAN I CARRY THEM ALL

YKYASFW You would rather die then leave your books behind. (Not really.) (OkaymaybeifIhadaWoKleatherbound)

Think of it like this, if you die you can’t read more books in the future! 

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

You would rather die then leave your books behind. (Not really.) (OkaymaybeifIhadaWoKleatherbound)

And if you die then you can't track down the cause of the fire. If that cause was a person then you can get really mad at them for 1 the loss of a wealth of sanderson books, and 2 The destruction of your perpendicularity that you have. Any good judge would agree with you that the only good for a person to avoid a life sentence would be if they pled guilty and agreed to be a sanderfan. Only then can they feel the true pain of what they have caused. Any Sanderfan can testify that the loss of sanderson books would be heart-breaking. An WOK leatherbound destruction would mean imminent destruction of all happiness.

When you are disappointed that your Aonic alphabet got cut off suddenly with school being cancelled! I only got to Aon Ela!

When you have to make a decision about either rereading Stormlight over break so you have something to do, yet reread it AGAIN in November, or just wait until November... AND CHOOSE THE FIRST OPTION! :lol:

When you decide to name all your 4h lambs after Warbreaker characters this year!

When you can write your name in womens script and a male sanderfan asks what each letter is. I replied: "You can't know! You're a boy." we also had a conversation about what foods we are sad we don't get to eat. 

Also, when you have converted nearly half of your ALL classes. (Once I finish, my goal is to convert my english teacher who is very anti-fantasy)

16 minutes ago, Shallan&Pattern said:

When you can write your name in womens script and a male sanderfan asks what each letter is. I replied: "You can't know! You're a boy." we also had a conversation about what foods we are sad we don't get to eat. 

Also, when you have converted nearly half of your ALL classes. (Once I finish, my goal is to convert my english teacher who is very anti-fantasy)

I wish I was persuasive enough to do this! My brother and I are the only two who have read Mistborn out of the school library in the past 3 years. I have converted the librarian though. :D

3 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

When you are disappointed that your Aonic alphabet got cut off suddenly with school being cancelled! I only got to Aon Ela!

When you want a real aonic alphabet to be published in the Elantris 25 anniversary 

when you want to know the diacritic that turns a letter into h (women’s script)

when you want to know the rest of the warbreaker alphabet

when you want to know the Artisan’s Script

When one sweatshirt sleeve is slightly longer than the other because you keep pulling it over your left hand.

10 hours ago, Shallan&Pattern said:

I wish I had converted my ALL classes. Your English teacher seems like a tough nut to crack. Retain hope though It is always possible to convert the non-believers. Your best hopes are if you convince them that reading Sanderson is needed to understand their class. Also that they are only true English teachers if they have read the Sanderson literature. Finally if they are anti-fantasy just say its fine if they read Sanderson. Sanderson's books are Epic fantasy so it's all good. Why would anyone not want to read epic fantasy. Its epic for storming sakes.

Edit: I just realized though that I do not want to convert my classes. Once I do so then people will discriminate against me because I am a dark-eyes. Maybe if I get them to read everything but Stormlight. 

so you know you are a Sanderfan if you want to convince people to read Sanderson but don't want to because then they will know what you truly are. All those light-eyes will finally have an excuse to pester me a dark-eyes

Edited by spren of destruction
Didn't want to double post. I think that's bad. :)