You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

11 hours ago, Ookla the Real Voidus said:

When you're doing a lab on metals in chemistry, and you keep telling yourself don't swallow any, don't do it Ene...

ohh I know that one =)

We even made some alloys in material science and I really had to stop myself from trying to see if they were allomantically active.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:05 PM, Ookla the Witty said:

Might we see pictures?

22 hours ago, whattheHoid said:

Yas! Puppy Spook pictures please!!

19 hours ago, Ookla the Real Voidus said:

Zath, if you don't have pictures either here or in the RWBY chat soon, you'll have a mob of angry Sharders coming after you. Show us your surely adorable rapper puppy.

Far be it from me to deprive an angry mob of its victim fun.  :P

Spoiler

Okay, we all know I'm kidding.  Who can resist showing off their puppy? ;)  Here ya go.  Spook the border collie / Australian shepherd mix: 
5c0c34fc32306_Spookonbackporch1(crop).thumb.jpg.88e988e99520a209e15f5e6456a02888.jpg5c0c35276a283_Spookandballunderleatherchair.thumb.jpg.b844b33708bbe4723bef2ce63af76234.jpg5c0c35e6382aa_Spookstretchinginkennel.thumb.jpg.5172db932b119f663877292982d5c2c1.jpg

2 hours ago, Ookla the Zath said:

Far be it from me to deprive an angry mob of its victim fun.  :P

Hide contents

Okay, we all know I'm kidding.  Who can resist showing off their puppy? ;)  Here ya go.  Spook the border collie / Australian shepherd mix: 
5c0c34fc32306_Spookonbackporch1(crop).thumb.jpg.88e988e99520a209e15f5e6456a02888.jpg5c0c35276a283_Spookandballunderleatherchair.thumb.jpg.b844b33708bbe4723bef2ce63af76234.jpg5c0c35e6382aa_Spookstretchinginkennel.thumb.jpg.5172db932b119f663877292982d5c2c1.jpg

Wow. That's one cute puppy

when your mom recommends you, and a couple of your friends, for helping brainstorm for a Sanderson-themed escape game at the library. (prepare for this thread to be derailed!)

and then you decide that the Shard can probably help. (some incentive for you guys, they are considering inviting the Sandersons to be some of the first people to play!)

rules: there is a relatively small budget (but we can be creative instead), and things need to be tied down, or something like that, or else people will take it. we have to have some puzzles, some action things and some things for fun, and one or two nods to true sanderfans.

here is most of what we have so far: (spoilered for size and organization)

Spoiler

most of these ideas are just what I remember from our last brainstorming session, and I think they were more specific then:

some vague idea about using glowsticks for Aons that give you directions (the person hadn't read SA and bought a bunch of glowsticks as "Stormlight," which quickly got shot down.)

a projector that "lightweaves" an image on top of another image, and you have to move the plastic gemstone in order to turn off the projector (or dissipate the lightweaving) and reveal the image underneath.

something about finding something drained of color in order to find out where an Awakener did something.

a magnetic (or Ironpulling) sliding puzzle with an Allomantic symbol underneath

something about doomslug, maybe...

a "David metaphors" generator (like a Shakespearean insult generator, but better)

something about putting something on the ceiling with a plastic gemstone and a light underneath to make it glow.

something about dinosaurs and 3D glasses for Alcatraz (it's also in the basement, I think.)

something about weighing sand for Alcatraz (although it could be used as White sand, too)

putting the Cosmere symbol somewhere

putting some "graffiti" that says "Hoid was here" somewhere 

edit: although, it will not be happening for at least a couple months, from what I heard, because they are doing a harry potter one right now.

Edited by Ookla_sedai

25 minutes ago, Ookla_sedai said:

when your mom recommends you, and a couple of your friends, for helping brainstorm for a Sanderson-themed escape game at the library. (prepare for this thread to be derailed!)

and then you decide that the Shard can probably help. (some incentive for you guys, they are considering inviting the Sandersons to be some of the first people to play!)

rules: there is a relatively small budget (but we can be creative instead), and things need to be tied down, or something like that, or else people will take it. we have to have some puzzles, some action things and some things for fun, and one or two nods to true sanderfans.

Reveal hidden contents

most of these ideas are just what I remember from our last brainstorming session, and I think they were more specific then:

some vague idea about using glowsticks for Aons that give you directions (the person hadn't read SA and bought a bunch of glowsticks as "Stormlight," which quickly got shot down.)

a projector that "lightweaves" an image on top of another image, and you have to move the plastic gemstone in order to turn off the projector (or dissipate the lightweaving) and reveal the image underneath.

something about finding something drained of color in order to find out where an Awakener did something.

a "David metaphors" generator (like a Shakespearean insult generator, but better)

something about putting something on the ceiling with a plastic gemstone and a light underneath to make it glow.

something about dinosaurs and 3D glasses for Alcatraz (it's also in the basement, I think.)

something about weighing sand for Alcatraz (although it could be used as White sand, too)

Out of pure unadulterated curiosity, where is this taking place? Cause it sounds storming awesome!

21 hours ago, Ookla_sedai said:

Reveal hidden contents

Nice! That sounds awesome! I once tried to make a version of the escape card games that was Sanderson themed, and came up with a small rough draft, but it kinda died. It would be awesome if you guys get a real life escape game going though!

On 11.12.2018 at 1:48 AM, Ookla_sedai said:

Hide contents

That sounds absolutly awesome!:wub:

6 hours ago, Ookla the Witty said:

Thanks! I'll try and come at some point, and see this escape room in action

not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but it won't be happening for a couple months... I'll try to give you an update on the exact date in a month or two.