You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you read the name Shen in the book Eon and wonder why they didn't call him Rlain. Still undercover?

When you see this Pokemon card and buy it just for the inside joke. I was laughing my head off - absolutely worth the fifty cents.

See the source image

1 hour ago, Rasarr said:

On a related note, TIL Kaladin/Elhokar slashfics exist.

Is there such thing as an eww-vote? I don't wanna judge, but...:unsure:

YKYASF when you put glow-in-the-dark stars on your ceiling... in the constellations from Arcanum Unbounded. (It was a complicated process that consisted of much Tack-It and string to make a proper enlarging grid. It looks great, though.)

When Firefly reminds you a little of MB era 2.

When you freak out a little (not) when you find out someone has read Way of Kings. My school suffers from a distinct lack of Sanderfans.

Edited by Ookla the Confused

58 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

YKYASF when you put glow-in-the-dark stars on your ceiling... in the constellations from Arcanum Unbounded. (It was a complicated process that consisted of much Tack-It and string to make a proper enlarging grid. It looks great, though.)

When you freak out a little (not) when you find out someone has read Way of Kings. My school suffers from a distinct lack of Sanderfans.

1:SHOW ME!

2:mine doesn’t anymore 

Spoiler

Totally not bragging 

Also puns you (e)lend the entire mistborn series to a friend, and the paper bag rips so you say:

Spoiler

It TOR! :D

On 11/24/2018 at 7:50 PM, Ookla the Real Voidus said:

When you see the element Samarium and think of Sami.

Aw! Friend goals.

When you dream about Ink getting murdered. (DON'T ASK ME WHY. I WOKE UP UNHAPPY.)

Well, depending on the RP you're talking about...

When you meet a character named Celia and think of Celia Amaram.

Eyyy that's nice :D

When you quote Mask on the front of your binder. "What. Do. I. Fight. For? I fight for second chances."

YOU HAVE A MASK QUOTE ON THERE?! THAT'S STORMING AWESOME!

When Cognitive stuff is mentioned in Psychology, and you can't get Shadesmar out of your head. Mmm, Expanse of the Vapors...KotC...Fulfillment...death...wait, what?

Hee hee hee hee hee... I love all these references. For those confused from reading this, they are related to the illustrious Knights of the Cosmere roleplay series that we are still in phase 2 of, unfortunately. Okay, shameless advertising aside...

When your copy of TWOK falls apart (like REALLY apart), so after buying a new, sturdier copy, you highlight a few of your favorite quotes (then give up cause there're too many) and rip out each individual page; then you cut out all the pictures and make a cool collage that you put on your wall, and start putting the pages on the ceiling. (I've still got a ways to go, especially since I haven't touched the project in like weeks. :unsure:)

WHOA! That's storming hardcore fandomness.

When you see the article about the HoA leatherbound on Brandon's website and immediately look on Amazon to see if there are any for other books. I found one, but it was $50 (Fifty Dollars) and my practical side had a brief but bloody wrestling match with my artistic side that went something like this:

Me: IT'S RUSTING GORGEOUS

Me @ myself: IT'S FIFTY DOLLARS

Me: BUT IT'S SOOOO PRETTY

Me @ myself: but it's what's inside that counts, right?

Me @ myself: ...Right?

Me @ myself: ...

Me @ myself: oh wow that's beautiful

I decided I couldn't get it because a ) i don't have the money and b ) I don't have an Amazon account anyway so it never mattered in the first place.

Edit: @Ookla the boombox (Spent a while trying to insert a quote in an edit but the site doesn't seem to be able to do it) The stars don't show up on any camera I have; I can't get the exposure time long enough... sorry...

Last thing: My school book club did a discussion of Elantris!!!!! Here were the notes: (Caution: contains spoilers)

Spoiler

Discuss Elantris 

Ms. D’s favorite quote “...there cannot be tyranny where there is love.” page 548 

Some love Hrathen, some hate him, but none of us could stop reading!  

We want Seons 

He’s really good at conveying complex ideas, he can be clear and powerful at the same time 

World building is stealthily understandable  

Compared to other books this one has the best characters 

He makes it easy to love or hate them 

Everything he mentions in the book has a purpose 

A pronunciation key for all the names wouldn’t hurt! 

Ending seemed rushed, could have been more intentional 

How exactly did Raoden snap into being sentient? Determination, reptilian urge? 

The world building was accessible and made the magic work, it made sense 

Galladon and Raoden’s friendship was admirable 

Edited by Ookla the Fused

On 12/4/2018 at 1:58 PM, Ookla the Rusty said:

Well, depending on the RP you're talking about...

YOU HAVE A MASK QUOTE ON THERE?! THAT'S STORMING AWESOME!

Hee hee hee hee hee... I love all these references. For those confused from reading this, they are related to the illustrious Knights of the Cosmere roleplay series that we are still in phase 2 of, unfortunately. Okay, shameless advertising aside...

WHOA! That's storming hardcore fandomness.

No. Quell is gone, but if anyone else dies I will hunt you down and cry for what Mazer and Cirrus could have been mourn.

It's a great quote. I have it on a sticky note, and it's the only thing on the front of my binder.

Shameless advertising is never aside! JOIN IT! I haven't been around for as long as Fire, but it only takes seconds to know how awesome KotC is.

*still hasn't touched that project in weeks* Heh...yeah. :P

On 12/4/2018 at 4:47 PM, Ookla the Fused said:

@Ookla the boombox

Last thing: My school book club did a discussion of Elantris!!!!! Here were the notes: (Caution: contains spoilers)

Hide contents

A pronunciation key for all the names wouldn’t hurt!

How exactly did Raoden snap into being sentient? Determination, reptilian urge?

I believe there is actually an Aonic pronunciation guide floating around somewhere, possibly on Brandon's site, but he's always said that you can say his names any way you like.

*waves hands wildly* SHARDS ARE CRAZY.

Sonic pronunciation:

1: identify the Aon

(sarENE)

2: pronounce Aon as long vowels with stressing first syllable of Aon

(sar-EE-nee)

3: pronounce other syllable(s) normally 

(Sahr-EE-nee)

4: don’t pronounce it like chaos does

(never “Suh-RAY-nay”)

Spoiler

Investiture wants to be sentient?

he had a moment of lucidity and saw a way out of the pain?

Edited by Ookla the boombox

13 hours ago, Ookla the Real Voidus said:

No. Quell is gone, but if anyone else dies I will hunt you down and cry for what Mazer and Cirrus could have been mourn.

*she's getting close...*

*what do we do?*

*Hope she doesn't guess...*

I definitely don't have anything planned... Nope... no more deaths...

In all seriousness, there is only one character whose death may or may not happen. 

YKYASFW you are procrastinating doing homework at school so you can shard. I feel like this is overused but so true. 

When your dreams are a hybrid of Smash Ulitmate, the shard, something else, and being glass-blind (like birds are apparently).

When...

Your brother tells you he is reading Wings of Fire, and you immediately think of @Ookla the Real Voidus.

Your brother says, “I’m going to break you.” And you almost say, “No, I don’t want to be broken,” but realize what that would mean and decide you don’t want to say that.

Someone is talking about podcasts and you tell them the only podcasts you like are Writing Excuses and Shardcast.

Edited by Ookla the Taco

When you see this and I swear I jumped across the room

Context: My materials science class is making rings, and I was looking at other people's. (It's blue because it's wax right now; we'll (soul)cast them into metal later.)

Edit: The rectangular one's mine. It's supposed to be half the Willshaper glyph, but some of the proportions are messed up. (I still know what it is, though. It's the Intent that matters, right? :) )

382.PNG

384.PNG.70482eacf20dedf5f0b2f3057acb63c5.PNG

Edited by Ookla the Fused

On 12/6/2018 at 10:02 AM, Ookla the Lord of Light said:

*she's getting close...*

*what do we do?*

*Hope she doesn't guess...*

I definitely don't have anything planned... Nope... no more deaths...

In all seriousness, there is only one character whose death may or may not happen.

You can get nothing past me. I highlight everything. :ph34r:

On 12/6/2018 at 10:10 AM, Ookla the Sarcastic said:

...switching to the essay when the teacher walks past.

ME. THIS IS ME. Metaphorical high five!

23 hours ago, Ookla the Taco said:

Your brother tells you he is reading Wings of Fire, and you immediately think of @Ookla the Real Voidus.

I feel so loved! (THQ comes out IN A MATTER OF DAYS HYPE)

5 hours ago, Ookla the Zath said:

...When you name your new puppy "Spook" and the name has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween. 

Zath, if you don't have pictures either here or in the RWBY chat soon, you'll have a mob of angry Sharders coming after you. Show us your surely adorable rapper puppy.

When you're doing a lab on metals in chemistry, and you keep telling yourself don't swallow any, don't do it Ene...

When in another chem class a couple of metallurgical engineering people tell you stuff the whole period, and you're blissfully answering answering questions about steel alloys and recommending Mistborn to the guy. They also gave us each a free wire that straightens itself out when you heat it up. I'd burn it, but like I just said, I've been telling myself not to eat metal lately...;)

When you see the name 'Stephen L. Franzoi' on your psychology textbook and frown, because you thought Ivy was the psychologist, not some Franzoi aspect. Huh.

When your Spanish project is writing the typical day of a famous or fictional person, and you start wondering if Hoid does anything different on weekends. (This project just doesn't get it. I haven't been taught the words for 'Spiritual DNA' yet...)

When the documentary in world civ mentions Leonardo da Vinci needing to join a guild, and you think "The GBs are cool! Or the DA!"

When it's cold outside and you would do ANYTHING for a brassmind.

When in a book called Warcross, they have things called Memories that they capitalize. Lightweavers, I'm telling you.

When you mistake the word Venus for Vedens.

When you think of Sanderson Elimination while conjugating se verbs. (Not well. I'll be so glad when I don't have to take Spanish anymore.)

When you use Alethi skin as a measurement of skin color. "Hmm, this person could be Alethi..."

When 'kalachakra' just sounds like 'Kaladin' every time you hear it.

When you discover that Tibet has God Kings who reincarnate, and you have a short panic attack about Endowment on Earth thinking about it.

When your teacher asks her students for baby name ideas, and you throw out Vin and Navani. Also Weiss, and another RWBY fan did Yang and Blake, but that's off topic :ph34r: