You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you’re rereading HoA and Sazed mentions something off with Uretaru and you instantly think “an Unmade” then realize that it’s the wrong series...

When you track how much you use your phone and 4 hours a day is on the shard... I spend 5 hours on my phone.

Edit: when they keep bringing up 16 in HoA and you realize just how much foreshadowing sanderson uses.

Edited by Inklingspren

When the only thing you start your text conversations with a certain friend who is finally reading Sanderson is "Have you read any more yet?" and are surprised every time when they say "no, I haven't had time." The difference in time prioritization is shocking.

1 hour ago, SarcasticRaven said:

When you check out Rithmatist just to force it on your mother to read and she finishes it in a day.

Me: "See? Good wasn't it?"

Mom: "Yea, now I can your need for a sequel"

Me: "Alright, now I'll check you out Steelheart, have fun!"

Not any cosmere books???

Also, I've been trying to get my mom to read Harry Potter for so long. Book 1 has been sitting on her nightstand for a year.

Edit: I just ran across this picture:

(I dunno where it'll insert)

and I remember I first saw it before reading SA and thought it was actual, legitimate gibberish.

And then afterwards, I don't even think about the fact that these are not words that are usually in the English language.

232.jpg

Edited by Reckless Reader

3 hours ago, Reckless Reader said:

Not any cosmere books???

Well,  i wasn't around give her every thing i read, plus she is already hooked on SA and he cosmere

When all the above makes perfect sense. 

When you open an Amazon account  just to buy the books 

When you have the books in print and ebooks. 

Oh,the thing is tjat the cosmere is almost officially for adults while Alcatraz and rithmatist are not. 

Edited by blessed peace

4 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

When you are PATIENTLY waiting for TLM

When you get your younger sister to read Rithmatist and she likes it. (I have a feeling Cosmere may be a bit much for her. She’s a bit... simple minded)

How old is your sister? Cause my younger brother read Stormlight at around 11, and he followed it fairly well. I bet your sister could follow, so long as you answer questions (that don't spoil the plot of course)

2 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

12. She, again, isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, and I feel like SA would intimidate her. Maybe Elantris or MB first. After rithmatist and reckoners. She checked out SH and Rithmatist from our library.

When you say SH, I hope it's not referring to Secret History, because no one should read that one first.

You know your a Sanderson fan when one of your life goals is to say something so witty...so insightful that your post gets the required upvotes to get the heart banner and red outline around the it! I don't know if it has a official name, but I think of it as entering the 17th Shard hall of fame.

Edited by Ammanas

On 11/6/2018 at 1:57 PM, Reckless Reader said:

Not any cosmere books???

Also, I've been trying to get my mom to read Harry Potter for so long. Book 1 has been sitting on her nightstand for a year.

Edit: I just ran across this picture:

(I dunno where it'll insert)

and I remember I first saw it before reading SA and thought it was actual, legitimate gibberish.

And then afterwards, I don't even think about the fact that these are not words that are usually in the English language.

232.jpg

She already reads comsmere, but we love talking Potter and Sanderson (mainly Mistborn, I haven't gotten into Stormlight yet)

I got someone to try Brandon's books out :D

At work, lunch break, me talking about how excited I am about Skyward, one of my colleagues replies:

"I don't like fantasy."

"But his books are really great. You can simply try it. I can give it to you tomorrow."

"Fantasy isn't my style."

"Well, there are also Snapshot and Legion..."

And she will read them!!! :D