You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

On 22/04/2015 at 6:48 AM, Kestrel said:

Today there were huge thunderstorms in our area and during lunch, the cafeteria lights flickered and this low rumble of thunder went off.

I just whispered "the stormfather is angry"

My friend beside me completely lost it.

I wish i had friends who read Sanderson :(

5 hours ago, Order said:

I wish i had friends who read Sanderson :(

You can always convert them.

13 hours ago, Ishar said:

and I have at least 2 friends who are on the 17th Shard, one of whom is actually more active than I am, and overall one of the more active 17th Shard Members.

@Ashspren

Me and @BitBitio read Sanderson at the same time, but I comvinced him to get on the shard firsr. Now, he's more active on the forums, while I'm only in a few threads and a ton of PMs.

49 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

Hey, look at me! I’m famous! :P

You Know You’re A Sanderfan When someone introduces you to Sanderson, but you devote more of your time to the fandom. 

How does this thread keep managing to sum up my life in a sentence or two?

Spoiler

Yo, I was rereading part of Oathbringer, and I got to the part in Chapter 62 where Shallan, Kaladin, Adolin, and Elhokar are getting info from Yokska and planning on how to get into the palace, and Elhokar suggests Shallan do the messenger thing. I got to the paragraph saying:

“I’m the only one here who has confronted one of the Unmade directly,” Shallan said. “I’m most likely to be able to spot their influence, and I have the resources to get out. I agree with His Majesty — eventually someone must go into the palace and see what is happening there. I promise to back off quickly if my gut says something is happening.”

And I instantly stopped reading, dropped the book, and facepalmed.

If my GUT says anything is happening.

My. Gosh. Really, Sanderson?

Yeah, I think she should listen to her gut once it gets run through at the palace and is spurting blood, yelling at her she’s dying. (See Chapter 63)

Just... wow. Perfectly subtle punny foreshadowing, even if it wasn’t even intentional.

(Note: I realized she was stabbed in the chest upon reading that part, but still.)

I guess you know you're a Sanderfan when this happens.

Edited by Firerust
Spoilers, duh.

when your friend says "you disappeared for a minute there" and you respond "It's called Elsecalling."

when you and your friend get RAFO'd at a signing and afterwards you're discussing the look on Brandon's face when he RAFO'd you, and you have a good laugh at maybe it's "oh no! they weren't supposed to figure this out for at least a year! I need to accelerate my writing!" (if only....)-_-

6 hours ago, Order said:

You know you're a Sanderson fan when you see fog rolling in through your windows and think "Sazed!"

I was just thinking of one relating to the mist that stuck around after sunrise at my house! I guess it's the time of year for misty things.

That thing scraping at your window? Mistwraith. Don't get your soul stolen!

Ha ha! Okay, so my school has this live stream news thing where they sometimes interview teachers, and today one of the teachers said, "Well, I wanted to be a lawyer, but I realized I was more interested in justice than the law."

I can't decide whether she's a failed Skybreaker or a Skybreaker of the Fifth Ideal!

When you see an Aon on a fellow employee's badge clip nad get excited, but then they said they were just doodling and what is an Aon? Needless to say I was dissapointed. I would have taken a picture but my camera isnt working.

When you are watching LotR for the first time and draw paralells to Sanderson's works. 

7 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

When you are watching LotR for the first time and draw paralells to Sanderson's works. 

First of all, "for the first time"? Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of More-Worldbuilding-Than-Sanderson. It's not a place you commonly come across. Second of all, what parallels did you find?

1 hour ago, Reckless Reader said:

First of all, "for the first time"? Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of More-Worldbuilding-Than-Sanderson. It's not a place you commonly come across. Second of all, what parallels did you find?

Yeah, first time. I've only seen FotR. 

Connections: Sauron is Odium, Sauroman is basically Taravangian (he serves the most poweful master)... that one thing in the dwarves cavern is an Unmade, uhh... and I know I had some others, but I stayed up late watching it and forgot. Those are the ones I remember

Edited by Inklingspren