Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

7,620 posts in this topic

I, too, keep finding myself commenting on people's agression.

When you await more for the State of the Sanderson 2019 coming in 2 weeks than Brandon's actual releases.

When you get someone to check out Mistborn from the library and anxiously wait for them to start it so you can send all your memes to them. 

when you obsessively check the 17S just to make sure that nothing earth rattling has happened though I assume it would have to cosmere-rattling.

YKYASFW when you're still pretty much in shock from meeting your first Sharder in real life (@Ookla the Procrastinator!!!) at a school Mario Kart tournament.

I recently moved but now I definitely have someone to geek out with. :D

I'm still in shock from the realease party. There were sooooo many Sanderfans!!!! It was beautiful. (there were about 1500 of us there.) It was kinda funny though because while waitning in line we would just jump into conversation with random people. 

When you hear the name Wayne and immediately think of our funny bendalloy burning bloodmaker and his friend Wax , instead of Batman.

Happened to me a few weeks ago.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you legitimately use the word "storms" instead of cursing in real life.

I've gotten some odd looks off of it.

Edited by Rushu42

YKYASF when you use the word 'deevy' 

2 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you legitimately use the word "storms" instead of cursing in real life.

I've gotten some odd looks off of it.

I haven't actually said it, but I started thinking it after I read Words of Radiance

YKYASF when you sign your name; Your Pancakefullness

Also- you know you're a Sanderfan when the word "investiture" comes up in a Quizbowl question, and you immediately make eye contact with your Sanderfan friend.

When previously mentioned friend brings his copy of tWoK to school, (a beautiful, pristine paperback) and you ask if you can smell it, but end up just reading random pages and deflecting questions about the heralds and voidbringers.

He calls it "The Wok."

39 minutes ago, Tesh said:

When previously mentioned friend brings his copy of tWoK to school, (a beautiful, pristine paperback) and you ask if you can smell it, but end up just reading random pages and deflecting questions about the heralds and voidbringers.

Ah, a fellow person of culture I see.

You know you’re a Sandersfan when you stay up late into the night finishing the Dark Talent (curse you Alcatraz, I needed sleep) and the next day proceed to buy color tinted glasses, so you can also be an Oculator.

20 hours ago, FatherTiempo said:

YKYASF when you use the word 'deevy' 

Yes, I love this word! 

I had a dream that I found a stick that was actually the key to my neighbor's door...?

When someone mentions lashings and you react way too joyfully.

When you use the Alcatraz book you get at a family Christmas party to spark a Sanderson conversation. (I think I got a new convert, woo!) 

3 hours ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

When you use the Alcatraz book you get at a family Christmas party to spark a Sanderson conversation. (I think I got a new convert, woo!) 

My uncle is now reading SA, and about a tenth of the way into OB, because me and my younger brother recommended it so highly. 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:10 AM, Shallan&Pattern said:

I'm still in shock from the realease party. There were sooooo many Sanderfans!!!! It was beautiful. (there were about 1500 of us there.) It was kinda funny though because while waitning in line we would just jump into conversation with random people. 

Sounts a lot like the Oathbringer release party, which was beyond awesome. If I wasn't coming all the way from Ohio, I would have been there for Starsight - - I'm saving my pennies (& vacation days) for the release of Rhythm of War.:D

One of the best things about the OB release was how, every time you were around people, everyone was SOOOOO conscientious re: spoilers. They would ask people closeby who they weren't even talking to, "Have you read ____?" and if the person said No, they'd ensure that nothing was leaked. Sanerfans are the BEST when it comes to wanting others to have the same enjoyment each of us had in reading something for the first time!

I wish I had been there! I really hope I can make it to the Rythym of War  release party. Eek. Being my age I don't have controll over that :( 

When you are so excited that there is a release date for Stormlight 4 that you don't do any of the homework you're supposed to do.

When you use scud in a variety of classes and when people actually knew what I was talking about I was very excited.

When you don't do any of your homework because you're too busy binding (another) printed version of White Sand.

(I changed up the colors, so it's more Darkside-y compared to the first one, which was Dayside-y)

(And I also just fixed some stuff that bugged me about my first attempt)

(I also added some bits n bobs that were totally unnecessary but I love them)

(as you can see, I just love experimenting with bookbinding)

(Am I going to make little notebooks for my entire family for Christmas? Yes. I am.)

One Ookla to print White Sands,

and in the darkness bind them.