You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

IT'S NAIL. (That was hilarious, by the way.)

When you ask your mom to tell you how TKAM ends and she says "Read and find out". (May have been intentional, but I don't think so.) And you say "Don't you RAFO me!"

When you keep reading the shortening of Calpurnia - Cal - as Calil. I then mentioned this to Potency; he thought I said Kal as in Kaladin. So I guess that makes him a Sanderfan :P

When you have a dream that Ashspren published a book, and you were in it. It was like a mix of cosmere, Harry Potter, and Warriors (Erin Hunter). I don't even know.

When you hear "Royal tomb of Ur" and you think, "That guy was royal? In what country?"

When you discover the definition of animism, and decide that Awakening is a better name. (Secondarily, I considered animus dragons.)

When you hear the word irrelevant, and of course TLT pops into your head.

When you wish you wrote down more than just Waxed and Wayned to remind yourself to put that on here, because now you can't remember why.

When you wonder if the royal bearing of the color purple could make people ignore the fact that you're darkeyed.

When you get bored and try to write your next RP post. (I say try because there was way too much I needed to check from previous posts.)

When you misread Urartu as Urteau. And then Urithiru.

When, for the barest instant, you consider signing up to the roast contest as the black sphere.

When you think Babylon looks like how Luthadel does in your head.

When you see Ishtar and think Ishar. Followed by Ishar the Sharder.

When the words "Great-Auntie Syl" almost make you burst out laughing, and think of Sylphrena as an aunt.

When you write down all of this, just to share on here.

Edited by AonEne
thinking to think

6 minutes ago, AonEne said:

When you wish you wrote down more than just Waxed and Wayned to remind yourself to put that on here, because now you can't remember why.

This just reminds me of the Karate Kid. “Wax on. Wax off.” But instead it’s, “Waxed on. Wayned off.”

On 8/27/2018 at 5:16 PM, Inklingspren said:

When you wonder why someone gave you rep for a post on here minutes ago, when you posted it way back in april. (Which one of you is stalking me?!?!?!)

that might have been me, I only discovered these threads (parts 1 and 2) and decided to start at the beginning and read it all, giving upvotes to posts like they were recent... 

You know you're a sanderfan when you start all the way back at part one of this thread, since july or so, and have almost finished catching up. 

and when you discover something that people used to do on the shard to hide text: it's called  making the text white. 

the way to reveal it is to highlight the posts.

it's really fun. especially because everyone wasted a lot of time looking for the hidden text.

When you start headcanoning characters in non-Brandon books as Hoid.

Spoiler

I'm telling you guys, Wilf has to be Hoid. He knows too much. (Chaos Walking Trilogy, by Patrick Ness. Great books, by the way.)

When you debate the best way to convince your band director to base next year's marching show off of the Kaladin soundtrack.

When you find yourself attributing random phenomena to Vax or the black sphere. (or both!)

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

When discovering that a didgeridoo is a real instrument fills you with joy. 

You... didn't know it was real? Pretty sure it's Australian. 

When you stay up later than you should writing for an RP (I still need to finish the letter KotC. Aghh!!!!)

20 hours ago, Mistspren said:

When you debate the best way to convince your band director to base next year's marching show off of the Kaladin soundtrack.

I would love this. Of course, it'd have to be done in the air... with Lashings...

Wait, "next year's marching show"? You guys only have one a year?

1 hour ago, Reckless Reader said:

I would love this. Of course, it'd have to be done in the air... with Lashings...

Wait, "next year's marching show"? You guys only have one a year?

Yeah, we do one ten minute show which we rehearse all marching season. We generally compete nationally, so it takes a lot of practice. You?

20 hours ago, Mistspren said:

This year it’s Playing with Fire. Mamma Mia sounds fun. Do you go to any competitions?

No; we're probably not good enough to compete with any level of competency. We are the only school in the district who actually does field shows, though. We're pretty proud of that.

Anyway...

YKYASF when your English class goes to the library for a book talk, and you convince one of your friends to check out Elantris.

Edited by Reckless Reader

When it dawns on you that some people can’t just jump right into Way of Kings - they need to build up a tolerance for large books.

Someone’s talking about Fablehaven, but you thought they were talking about Cosmere since you thought they said “Szeth and Kandra” instead of “Seth and Kendra.”

And finally:

When B.C. and A.D. have a new connotation in your mind.

B.C. = Before Cosmere 

A.D. = After discovery

Edited by Silva