You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

3 hours ago, Firerust said:

Spoilers for Coco

Reveal hidden contents

When you realize that Ernesto de la Cruz is pretty much the Pixar Amaram.

Alternately, if you've seen Coco and somehow haven't read SA, spoilers for WoK. :D

You know you're a Sanderfan when you open the Shard before your school website. Also, Coppermind. Sometimes Arcanum. In my opinion, anything should come before the school website. But especially the Shard.

:ph34r:

Edited by Reckless Reader

When you see "Compounding Pharmacy" on the side of a building and wonder how they got the Bands of Mourning.

When you're reading a book with someone named Archer in it, and you just keep on thinking that TUBA is about to show up. And then he dies, and you wonder idly which death this is, because then you'll know whether to expect Forgery and soul reclaiming or Returned and Breath.

When you're rewriting a school paper that you put way too much whimsy in, and this is your thought:

"This is really tearing the soul out of this. Well, part of the soul anyway. Oh, wait. Is this what Hemalurgy feels like?"

And then you invest precious time into wondering if Hemalurgy would really be that painful.

59 minutes ago, Kairos said:

When you're rewriting a school paper that you put way too much whimsy in, and this is your thought:

"This is really tearing the soul out of this. Well, part of the soul anyway. Oh, wait. Is this what Hemalurgy feels like?"

And then you invest precious time into wondering if Hemalurgy would really be that painful.

Then invest even more of that time on the Shard :P

When you are interacting with the Voltron fandom and see that someone identifies as a Shaladin shipper and you wonder why they would be talking about Shallan x Kaladin on a Voltron form.  You google it and realize that Shaladin is not the same thing as Shalladin.

Also when the first thing you do upon realizing this is to post here.

Also whenever you interact with the Voltron fandom how you wish they were more like the Sanders fandom and more like the 17th Shard.  (Thank you all for being wonderful people, who I can safely interact with without worries.)

5 minutes ago, Devout Pathian said:

Also whenever you interact with the Voltron fandom how you wish they were more like the Sanders fandom and more like the 17th Shard.  (Thank you all for being wonderful people, who I can safely interact with without worries.)

We're awesome like that. Also humble. :ph34r:

But that's the reason why I stay away from the RWBY FNDM. If you're ever scarred, come to us and we will murder whoever may have harmed you. I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. I will stop those who kill innocents.

Edited by AonEne

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

We're awesome like that. Also humble. :ph34r:

But that's the reason why I stay away from the RWBY FNDM. If you're ever scarred, come to us and we will murder whoever may have harmed you. I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. I will stop those who kill innocents.

Haha.  Thanks for the backup, but thankfully I’ve never been threatened, but some people have threatened the actors!!! Storms people that’s not okay.  They need to take a chill pill, like maybe a thousand.

When you threaten to murder someone because they won't loan you one of the only three cosmere works you haven't read. You know who you are. I can keep it in mint condition and you can just tell your brother you hid t from him. He'd be annoyed.:angry:

Edited by DarthWoodrack

4 minutes ago, DarthWoodrack said:

When you threaten to murder someone because they won't loan you one of the only three cosmere works you haven't read. You know who you are. I can keep it in mint condition and you can just tell your brother you hid t from him. He'd be annoyed.:angry:

Ummmm

30 minutes ago, King Cole said:

Ummmm

:ph34r:

Edit: How is Kings wit higher in reputation than House Lord? That doesn't make since.

Edit2: When you wonder why no is responding then look at the clock and relize that the amount of time that ypu thought was five minutes was 45 and it's almost 10:00. Oops.:rolleyes:

Edited by DarthWoodrack

1 hour ago, DarthWoodrack said:

Edit: How is Kings wit higher in reputation than House Lord? That doesn't make since.

In my opinion it does ;) Maybe take a look at who the King's wit was.

When you will buy an audiobook of one of Sanderson's books in your native language, and you already have both the book and the audiobook in english, because you finally convinced your husband to try the books out.

When you now spend hours thinking about which book would be best and can't decide. (Anyone has a suggestion?)

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

In my opinion it does ;) Maybe take a look at who the King's wit was.

When you will buy an audiobook of one of Sanderson's books in your native language, and you already have both the book and the audiobook in english, because you finally convinced your husband to try the books out.

When you now spend hours thinking about which book would be best and can't decide. (Anyone has a suggestion?)

I would start him with Mistborn. It's a good place to start with the Cosmere, and regardless its a great book.

Personally, TFE is my favorite book, ever.

HERALDS ABOVE I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

So Nale is pronounced "nail", right? Well, okay, I never really liked that, so I usually just call him Nin. I was thinking -- "it makes it kind of sound like he's a Hemalurgic spike. I mean, it's not like he grants powers or -- OH STORMS NVM HE DOES"

I mean, he pretty much tells the spren who to bond, right?

1 hour ago, Reckless Reader said:

HERALDS ABOVE I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

So Nale is pronounced "nail", right? Well, okay, I never really liked that, so I usually just call him Nin. I was thinking -- "it makes it kind of sound like he's a Hemalurgic spike. I mean, it's not like he grants powers or -- OH STORMS NVM HE DOES"

I mean, he pretty much tells the spren who to bond, right?

It is DEFINITELY Nah-ley.

Anyway...

...When you see this: Capture.PNG.be6ec95c0872c07a390e488fce35387c.PNG

and your first thought is "Scadrial? Nope, doesn't fit, and it would be too obvious anyway." (the actual answer was Gotham, and yes this is from over a month ago, I am catching up.

Edited by Personification