You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

2 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

why "Heralurgic"? misspelling or by purpose?

*completely missed that* Is it because Hera is allergic to them? ;)

When you start reading a new chapter of WOR to your mother, and it goes something like this: (paraphrased)

Me: "The meeting finally ended. He thought it never would! Stormfather."

Mom: "WHAT?"

Me: "What?"

Mom: "Oh, wait, I thought you said mating, not meeting. Carry on."

Me: "Mating?" *starts laughing* "No mating!" *laughs harder* "It's like a Pattern POV!" *hysterically dies*

Mom: "Are...you okay? It's not that funny."

Me: "I gotta go write this down." *does so*

Edited by AonEne

16 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

Why is it always the science teachers who are converted?

when you're reading a book (Earth Unaware. Orson Scott Card. Check it out!) and someone's name is Wit, and you can't not think of Hoid.

We should start a club! "The Sanderfan Science Teacher conversion Club"

When your science teacher wasn’t into Brandon Sanderson, but you want to mention her anyways. Seriously, her accent was amazing.

When you’re left-handed and realize you’d never survive in Alethkar - stupid safe-hands.

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

My apologies, but next time could you blur out the cursing in your texts, @Fanghur Rahl?

Sorry about that. I tried to do that but I couldn’t figure out how to do it on my phone. And I kind of figured that the context in which it was said wasn’t all that offensive, so I figured it wouldn’t be that big of a deal. But yeah, I’ll see if I can figure out how to do that for the next time.

True story:

*listening to Shardcast*

Eric: Check out our website, seventeenth shard dot com!

Me: What? There's another website? 

Me: Oh.

I was very concerned for about two seconds that I'd have to make another account to go with my ones for the Arcanum, the Coppermind, and the Shard. :lol:

39 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

YKYASF when you don't go on the shard much for a weekend and think of it as a "weekend off of the shard."

I think I may have a problem.

Literally me right now

as I’m hopping on discord and the 17th shard while listening to mistborn

Edited by Steeldancer

So I was going through some old stuff, and found my old TaeKwonDo Black Belt Certificate. On it, it has printed the oath I swore when I became a black belt. The last line of the oath reads: “I seek honor not glory, patience not rage, courage instead of fear, and the power to protect those who cannot.” Just one of my steps toward becoming a Windrunner guys. ;)

Edit: I just lent TFE to one of my friends. Yessss!

Edited by Rebecca

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

So I was going through some old stuff, and found my old TaeKwonDo Black Belt Certificate. On it, it has printed the oath I swore when I became a black belt. The last line of the oath reads: “I seek honor not glory, patience not rage, courage instead of fear, and the power to protect those who cannot.” Just one of my steps toward becoming a Windrunner guys. ;)

That's pretty cool! Which Dan (=degree of the black belt, we call it Dan) were you at, if it's okay for you to tell?

Edited by Sorana

12 hours ago, Kidpen said:

YKYASF when you don't go on the shard much for a weekend and think of it as a "weekend off of the shard."

I think I may have a problem.

When you sit at a campsite itching because your phone has no service...

When you get projects done at work as fast as possible so that you can log on...

When you sit and refresh the page repeatedly because the Shard and Discord are both quiet... 

Nope. No problems. Perfectly health involvement.... 

11 minutes ago, Calderis said:

When you sit at a campsite itching because your phone has no service...

When you get projects done at work as fast as possible so that you can log on...

When you sit and refresh the page repeatedly because the Shard and Discord are both quiet... 

Nope. No problems. Perfectly health involvement.... 

YKYASF when you haven’t gotten a notification for an hour, and you start to wonder if your computer’s broken.

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

That's pretty cool! Which Dan (=degree of the black belt, we call it Dan) were you at, if it's okay for you to tell?

This was for my first Dan. I actually wasn’t able to continue after I earned it, so it’s the highest ranking belt I’ve earned.