You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

13 hours ago, ethan sedai said:

when you have a panic attack when you can't remember what kind of sword Nightblood is, and you immediately send a text to your friend who works for Brandon to find out.

We definitly need more details!!!

When you're rewatching Grey's Anatomy, see two people pierce by a lamppost and can't help wondering if that could count as an hemalurgic spike and if yes what effect it would have.

15 hours ago, AonEne said:

There's a relative of Brandon who goes to my church - second cousin or something - but I don't know him well. If you're actually friends with someone who's in close proximity to Brandon often, or talks with him often, then we need DETAILS!

Let me think.....

Um. I think my dad is friends with someone who is either friends or cousins of someone who is a cousin of Brandon Mull? Does that count?

it's a standard-ish broadsword. 

You know you're a sanderfan when you want more information than that.

But seriously, I'm not sure exactly what he does, I haven't asked him yet, although, I did check to see if he could answer questions like "if there were an evil smell in the air, would drawing nightblood get rid of the smell?" he does have the ability to get me cool pins and stuff, though. 

Wait, what? you're still here? Wow, you really are a sanderfan. (sorry, starting to pick up bad habits from Alcatraz...)

When your little brother always asks you to come up with cool names for him on different mobile fighting games, and he always asks me to do the name of a Brandon Sanderson character, because they have cool names. And when some of the names are taken, I always wonder if they're a Sanderfan.

Edited by Rebecca

2 hours ago, Undead Wookiee said:

I still want to do it but it costs about $10 an hour for the wood burner

Got any friends who are sanderfans? If so, the bragging rights alone should make it worth the money. If not, you have failed. You need to infect them.

29 minutes ago, I'm pretty said:

Got any friends who are sanderfans? If so, the bragging rights alone should make it worth the money. If not, you have failed. You need to infect them.

I am still planning on it [both building and infecting my friends] got some other projects currently but I hope to slowly get it done over the fall / winter. at the very least I may get some boards done for my garage shelves with various runes / glyphs / etc depending on where I can find room for this.

You know you're a Sanderfan when:

Okay, so my mom leaves the back door open sometimes in the morning to cool off the house, and during breakfast, she suddenly jumped up. Then she sat back down, saying, "Oh, I just thought I saw something come inside. Like a shadow or something." I immediately freaked out inside.

So, there's that. But also: I remembered a guy I had known a couple years ago and I realized

his

last

name

was

Rao.

Edited by Reckless Reader

So... you guys remember this? 

On 7/20/2018 at 0:06 PM, Ashspren said:

When you’re trying to get someone to read Mistborn...

Them: I’m hungry.

Me: Ising the wanting of eats?

Them: What?

Me: Read Mistborn and you’ll learn what that means.

~~~

Them: Hey Ashspren, you should try this pasta dish. It’s really good.

Me: You know what else is really good?

Them: Don’t. You. Dare—

Me: Mistborn.

~~~

Them: I’m bored.

Me: You know what you should do?

Them: (sigh) Read Mistborn?

Me: Read Mistborn.

~~~

Me: I’m sick.

Them: Oh no, anything I can do for you?

Me: Go get me Mistborn. It’s sitting on the desk across the room.

Them: (gets book) (hands it to me)

Me: (hands book back to them)

Them: What?...

Me: Read Mistborn and I'll feel better.

~~~

Them: What are you looking at on your phone?

Me: Memes.

Them: Ooooh let me see. 

Me: Nope! Spoilers. They're Mistborn memes.

Them: (gasp) Mistborn has memes?

Me: Yes. Read Mistborn.

~~~

Me: Awww, look! He pulled out a book while dancing! ______ would totally do something like that, right?

Them: Totally! You guys are like my OTP, so I really need to read that book. What's it called?

Me: (grins evilly)

Them: (crestfallen) It can't be...

Me: Mistborn?

Them: ...yeah.

Me: Indeed it is! Read Mistborn.

~~~

Me: Read Mistborn.

Them: I will eventually.

Me: (counts to 5 in head) It's been eventually. Read Mistborn.

~~~

Yeah, I'm not a very patient person...

On 7/20/2018 at 2:27 PM, Ashspren said:

When you’re still trying to get the same person to read Mistborn...

Me: *reading through Tumblr posts*

Me: *notices friend watching me*

Me: *loud obnoxious laugh*

Me: *looks at friend*

Me: (passive-aggressively) Sorry, it’s just a Mistborn thing. You wouldn’t get it.

Me: *finds another Tumblr post*

Me: *repeats everything above*

Well, I have a new entry... 

~~~

Them: So I started reading Mistborn...

Me: *squeals* *screams* *screeches* *hugs them* 

Them: *gasping for air* Can’t... breathe...

Me: It’s amazing, isn’t it? 

Them: (grudgingly) It’s pretty good... but you are NOT allowed to say “I told you so.”

(I said it anyway.)

~~~

BONUS CONTENT where I troll them (Mistborn Era 1 Spoilers): 

Spoiler

Them: So... this Sazed guy. Is he important?

Me: Eh. Not really.

~~~

After MONTHS of desperately trying, I finally did it guys... :lol:

Moral of the story? You know you’re a Sanderfan when the first thing you do is post all of this on the Shard. 

24 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

~~~

Them: (grudgingly) It’s pretty good... but you are NOT allowed to say “I told you so.”

(I said it anyway.)

~~~

Hide contents

~~~

Moral of the story? You know you’re a Sanderfan when the first thing you do is post all of this on the Shard. 

Congrats Ash! May all Sanderfans have your luck.

1 hour ago, Ashspren said:

~~~

(I said it anyway.)

~~~

Hide contents

~~~

Totally get the spoiler trolling thing. When @Box Turtle was reading WoR for the first time this summer, she was expressing her desire to shank Sadeas to me. I said "yeah, you kinda just want to stab him through the eye, right?" and had no idea that I had spoiled Sadeas' death for her.

6 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Totally get the spoiler trolling thing. When @Box Turtle was reading WoR for the first time this summer, she was expressing her desire to shank Sadeas to me. I said "yeah, you kinda just want to stab him through the eye, right?" and had no idea that I had spoiled Sadeas' death for her.

THAT IS AMAZING. 

Trolling is my all-time favorite thing to do with books. I’ve convinced the friend mentioned as “Them” that... (TFE spoiler)

Spoiler

Kelsier doesn’t ever die, because he’s the Survivor.

~~~

More “You Know You’re A Sanderfan” stuff... 

E1506EFB-27A8-4A98-B1F1-0BAB57D324EA.jpeg.31645f2a42c0d48a55b9b9e205600733.jpeg

Google Drive, what are you talking about? I’ve been filling my duraluminminds all week!

Edited by Ashspren

Are you suffering from:
- Small lacerations on the fingertips (sometimes known as papercuts)
- Neck pain (as if whiplash from frequent plot twists)
- Back pain (from carrying around books that are entirely too big)
- Red eyes (but definitely not from crying)

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you may have a disease called Sandersitis. There is no cure known at this time, but frequent infusions of extracanonical information can alleviate the pain. Side effects may include sore ears, headaches, loss of sleep, loss of friends, or worsening of any of the earlier listed symptoms. Ask your doctor if Arcanum is right for you.

Hi, I'm Wyndlerunner. I used to lie awake nights, contemplating the mysteries of the Cosmere, I got no sleep, so I was too tired to read during the day. 

Then, I discovered Arcanum. It helped me alleviate my insatiable curiosity, and helped me get my life back together. I would recommend Arcanum to anyone suffering from Sandersitis. 

(If you are currently using Arcanum and have not improved, ask your book vendor about our extra strength treatment: Arcanum Unbounded)

On 8/18/2018 at 2:33 PM, Ashspren said:

Trolling is my all-time favorite thing to do with books. I’ve convinced the friend mentioned as “Them” that... (TFE spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Kelsier doesn’t ever die, because he’s the Survivor.

I honestly feel really bad for "Them". But I had a similar experience with the friend that introduced me to MB. She told me that (spoilers for pretty much all of MB):

Spoiler

"Kelsier isn't really dead... He'll be back. He's only kind of dead. He's stubborn."

So I was looking for him the entire rest of the series and I got really mad at my friend when Kell didn't show up by the end of era 1. So she told me to read Secret History. And then it made sense.

6 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

Ask your doctor if Arcanum is right for you.

*playing happy clips of jubilant axehound pups and windrunners soaring in the sunlight*

Other side affects may include, but are not limited to: obsessive WoB hunting, moderate to severe procrastination, eye strain, excessive theorizing, acute balderdash syndrome, reckonersisntcosmerepleasestopaskingorillfeedyoutothekandraism, stress and/or anxiety, Capitalization syndrome, whatisingavilarssphereitisntobviousbrandonplease disorder, and in severe cases, death. Consult your doctor if you are using 17th shard or Coppermind while using Arcanum. This may result in extreme loss of motivation and increased procrastination, which can be fatal. 17th Shard cannot be held responsible for any abuse of Arcanum, or its affliated sites.

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

Breaking news: Sandersitis treatments found to be highly addictive.

In an unfortunate turn of events, it appears that the treatments for the pandemic case of Sandersitis marketed to sufferers as "17thshard" and "Arcanum" have been found to be intensely addictive. 

Users of these treatments have been known to spend more time partaking in "treatment" then was lost to the original disease. 

There is no known cure for this addiction at this time, and it seems to only alleviate during severe flare-ups of Sandersitis itself, last seen with the "Oathbringer" strain. 

Many self described addicts seem to have made peace with their plight. 

Darn my lack of ability to give you more then one upvote!