You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

when your little cousin, who is only four years old asks you to tell a story, and you immediately want to tell her the story "The Girl Who Looked Up."

when you are using cosmere swears and end up creating a sentence that starts "Who in the name of You do you think you are..." and realize you just swore three times in six words...

On 8/7/2018 at 10:16 AM, Calderis said:

When someone uses a shortened version of your 17th Shard username and you respond... when they weren't speaking to you...

21 hours ago, Apollyon said:

Mwahaha! With Safire owned by me, Bright Sky will definitely happen! You can go die, Cal! Again, that is. ;)

7 hours ago, Calderis said:

... What did I do? And when did I die? 

Am I a Digital Shadow? Is this real life? 

This keeps happening to you, doesn't it?  :lol:  (They're talking about a different Cal, don't worry about it.  ...Though if you look around you and see a bunch of binary code and programming language floating in midair and various other computery-sci-fi-esque surroundings, it probably means that you are indeed a Shadow in the Digital Realm, so feel free to worry about that instead.)

21 hours ago, AonEne said:

@Zath! Where did you get your lawyers? Help! :P

Roshar and Scadrial.  Check the ardentia or the Alethi royal family for the former, and the king of Luthadel or The Assembly for the latter (or The Roughs, if you prefer lawyers with a more punchy-punchy, stabby-stabby approach to law).

You know you're a Sanderfan when the best lawyers you know of are from the Cosmere.  And they're not even lawyers in canon, really.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't most earrings not be Hemalurgic spikes? I seem to remember that to make something a Hemalurgic spike, it needs to be in contact with blood, at least at first. So in that case, only piercing earrings would be Hemalurgic spikes. *fiddles with piercing earrings that haven't been taken out for six months straight* Ruin totally isn't influencing me

(I'm just extremely lazy when it comes to jewelry -- or am I?<_<)

YKYASF (or rather a 17S user) when you’re spending so much time on the Shard that a friend grabs your phone and chucks it across the room screaming “What are you always doing on the website?!?!?!”

I was like “NOOOO give it back! I was RPing! My character has a bestie!” 

They said “whatever,” rolled their eyes, and turned away from me. 

As the thrilling conclusion to this story, I wrote my RP post. :lol:

When you are rewatching frozen with your little sister and start making comparisons to sanderson's books

Elsa is an ice epic

Hans is next in line for house Sadeas

Olaf and Marshmallow are type 4 sentient objects

Sven is a reindeer Ryshadium.

those are the ones I remember. I'm pretty sure there are more I thought of but forgot.

11 hours ago, KnightRadiant said:

When you start freaking out cuz someone in a magazine article said they like Brandon Sanderson books and you immediately check to see where they live and if there's any way you could get in contact with them.

I am not ashamed.

Why the rusts would you be ashamed? Potential new friend! So, er, could you get in contact with them? Who are they? Where do they live? :ph34r:

There's a relative of Brandon who goes to my church - second cousin or something - but I don't know him well. If you're actually friends with someone who's in close proximity to Brandon often, or talks with him often, then we need DETAILS!