You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

8 hours ago, Ashspren said:

YKYAS when you buy tomato sauce when you see Sanderson references on the labels...

596A7A78-3CA4-44AC-BDD5-3E55837A2437.thumb.jpeg.579b14fcafe3db1fdefa302efda49936.jpeg

The Elantrians are applauding for me... somewhere...

I read RAO as RAFO.

Edited by Rebecca

26 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

And the number of metals in Allomancy!

2 minutes ago, Undead Wookiee said:

and the number of the types of mistings :)

Those thought's were there too, although, technically there are more mistings because Atium Mistings. Now I am starting to wonder if there are any lerasium mistings.

1 minute ago, Ishar said:

Those thought's were there too, although, technically there are more mistings because Atium Mistings. Now I am starting to wonder if there are any lerasium mistings.

I thought Atium was in the base 16 metals - since 16% got sick/died - and 1 in 16 got sick longer and those were the Atium Mistings.

37 minutes ago, AonEne said:

When you see the words ashspren and mistspren, and it just looks wrong to you that they aren't capitalized. Although that's more of a 'you know you're a Sharder when'.

I feel flattered now. :lol:

See, @Ishar? MORE THAN JUST A PIECE OF INVESTITURE GIVEN CONSCIENCE. I GET CAPITALIZED.

Sorry, inside joke from the Sanderson memes thread...

Also, YKYAS when you think that Ruin will speak to you every time you wear earrings. 

Also, I got a friend earrings for their birthday, and totally didn’t laugh evilly as they tried the earrings on... totally...

Edited by Ashspren

YKYASFW school just started and their reviewing dress codes and you’re appalled when the women don’t have to cover their safehands...

Also, when you get upset that men still have to learn to read...

*stage whisper*

@Inklingspren, just tell me when you can get the job done... Ene needs to die...

1 hour ago, Undead Wookiee said:

I thought Atium was in the base 16 metals - since 16% got sick/died - and 1 in 16 got sick longer and those were the Atium Mistings.

It's not. That part of the book still confuses me. Maybe Leras wanted to snap the atium mistings

@Ishar @Undead Wookiee the mists were snapping people to make allomancers to fight Ruin. Preservation actually swapped out aluminum for atium so it could be burned, to put it simply

wicktacular

At the end of the first Mistborn trilogy it's really significant that 1/16th of the soldiers who got really sick are now atium Mistings.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. Sixteen that he-- when Preservation set that all up. He, number one, was not all there. But he was trying to create sixteen as a symbol to say, "Hey, catch this. I've given you a clue-- uh-- help." And so it was devised specifically for that. "*inaudible* Something's going on here."

wicktacular

But we know that there's more than sixteen metals. Wh--

wicktacular

questioner's paraphrase, delete after review: So, were the other remaining group of soldiers that fell sick all still Mistings of the other base metals?

So were there-- were 1/16th of the rest of them just *inaudible* just not significant?

Brandon Sanderson

No, no, they would have been Mistings of other types as well.

wicktacular

Did he bump one of the other types then to make it sixteen?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah.

wicktacular

Okay. Do you have in your head *inaudible*?

Brandon Sanderson

Chromium.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, that's right. It would probably have been one of the metals that was difficult to get at that level of technology. It would have been chromium - chromium would be hard gather at that time. Actually, no, it would have been aluminum. *about a minute later, while signing someone else's book* Hold on, there's a caveat to that last answer. Let me finish signing this and expand on that. *pause* So, it would still have been aluminum, but not for the reason your thinking. It would have been aluminum, but there's an asterisk next to that answer.

wicktacular

Chromium?

wicktacular

Okay. Interesting.

Brandon Sanderson

Hard to get chromium.

wicktacular

I've been thinking about--

Brandon Sanderson

Oh no! He bumped aluminum. Yeah, he bumped aluminum. Sorry I had to-- I changed my mind.

wicktacular

Oh!

Brandon Sanderson

*a moment later*

Okay, Chad? I have a <qualification> for you. I'll do this and then we'll...

*a moment later*

So...

wicktacular

On the sixteen or the *inaudible*...

Brandon Sanderson

The sixteen. So the answer is "yes," but it's not something-- it's not what you're thinking it is. 

wicktacular

Okay.

Brandon Sanderson

Alright, there's an asterisk on it, okay? There's an asterisk on it, it's not what you're thinking. Uh, you're making-- you're making assumptions. 

source