You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

5 hours ago, Ashspren said:

Congratulations @Sorana!

And @Rhapsody, honestly, same.

yeah I know I'm probably not alone with that, but it was still quite funny and I had to hold back for two weeks from posting it here =) since I didn't want her to find out! (And I knew she would be on the Shard even with her wedding just around the corner ;-))

Thank you =)

@Rhapsody I'm sitll thinking what to do with my 16 bottles with allomantic Symbols painted on them. I have a tendency to build a wodden frame and use them for my sewing/ painting/ stiching materials. Then I can see them almost everyday.

@Wyndlerunner: Because I was expected to review the playlist for the evening (and I thought that two people picking out songs should be enough and switched to the shard. But I have to admit I was a bit distracted due to the "what do you think of this" next to me

@AonEne Everything went fine. It was a bit to hot, but we had great party with family and friends and that was, what I wanted, planed and hoped for.

33 minutes ago, Sorana said:

@Rhapsody I'm sitll thinking what to do with my 16 bottles with allomantic Symbols painted on them. I have a tendency to build a wodden frame and use them for my sewing/ painting/ stiching materials. Then I can see them almost everyday.

that's also an interesting idea. We actually thought you would use them for Sorana :D. As bottles of magic potions or something like that.

53 minutes ago, Rhapsody said:

that's also an interesting idea. We actually thought you would use them for Sorana :D. As bottles of magic potions or something like that.

In general a good idea. But Sorana doesn't brew magic potions and I already carry a lot of stuff for the spells I often use with me. And as much as I like Mistborn, Sorana is set in a different universe, with different Symbols, and a different magical theory in the background. I'd like to keep that seperated it bit, keep Soranas setting, Soranas setting.

Back to topic:
When you hear that the next Halloween party's motto will be Steampunk and decide to come as an allomancer. (We tend to extend the borders of our mottos quite a bit, so that should work. And I was looking for an oppurtunity to make such a costume ;) )

Edited by Sorana

1 minute ago, Ark1002 said:

When you wonder how much it would cost to make a solid gold bookshelf, engraved with the allomancy and feruchemy symbols, just for your collection of sanderson books.

that's why i just have my friend who has an automated wood burning laser do engraving on my wood before I assemble stuff. So I should totally have him engrave some shelves for me B)

see my cherry dice tray [see attached]

MVIMG_20180805_223744.jpg

I just might have to try one first - i am not sure what sizes his wood burning laser will take - do something like (2) 2x6's for sides and 1x10' for shelves.If successful I will have to post pictures.

Now votes for the wood type. Maybe one side with Allomancy/Feruchemy Symbols and the otherside with Knights Radiance glyphs. 

Edit: And on the shelves various Aon's

Edited by Undead Wookiee

I found out today after a brief set of text exchanges that he would be certainly willing to try to create the beast as his laser can work with the sizes I need and would let me use.

I am now trying to come up with design and layout for this glorious majestic shelf that is to eventually hold my prized signed hardcovers, leather-bound editions, and other collectibles. Those puny mass market paperbacks I abuse can go on the normal shelves, this is for the collection. Things I have to work with, since I assume these are ok to use for personal use only, this shelf is not to be sold .

• Allomancy - 8 basic metals + atium symbols
  • Feruchemy - 8 basic metals + atium symbols
  • AonDor - 5 various Aon's 
    • Ashe, Dio, Ela, Ene, Rao
  • Knights Radiant Glyphs - all 10 orders
  • Misc
    • Bridge 4 badge glyph
    • Cosmere Symbol
    • Ghostbloods glyph
    • Kholin Crest
    • Nightblood
    • Knights Radiant glyph (Stormlight glyph)
    • White Sand sun

Oh course I plan to incorporate quotes [These most likely would go on 2x2's that would be the lips on the front of the shelf boards]

• "Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination." - Stormlight Archive 
  • “My life to yours. My breath become yours.” - Warbreaker
  • “There were books involved.” - Mistborn
  • “That's exactly the problem. Everyone's convinced that their lives are over just because their hearts stopped beating.” - Elantris

The wood would most likely be pine or poplar since a) it is cheap and sturdy and b.) easy to work with and c) access to other woods are somewhat hard to come by where I live. I can precut all the boards and sand them prior to having them engraved with the laser and assembling. Afterwards it can get a nice cherry stain or something close. 

Now the question is, I wonder how daunting this task would be.

Edit - this shelf thing was originally meant as a joke, but now I am seriously considering building the thing because it would be amazing. Now only if I could get Brandon Sanderson to sign it if I do :) 

Edited by Undead Wookiee

12 hours ago, Undead Wookiee said:

I found out today after a brief set of text exchanges that he would be certainly willing to try to create the beast as his laser can work with the sizes I need and would let me use.

I am now trying to come up with design and layout for this glorious majestic shelf that is to eventually hold my prized signed hardcovers, leather-bound editions, and other collectibles. Those puny mass market paperbacks I abuse can go on the normal shelves, this is for the collection. Things I have to work with, since I assume these are ok to use for personal use only, this shelf is not to be sold .

• Allomancy - 8 basic metals + atium symbols
  • Feruchemy - 8 basic metals + atium symbols
  • AonDor - 5 various Aon's 
    • Ashe, Dio, Ela, Ene, Rao
  • Knights Radiant Glyphs - all 10 orders
  • Misc
    • Bridge 4 badge glyph
    • Cosmere Symbol
    • Ghostbloods glyph
    • Kholin Crest
    • Nightblood
    • Knights Radiant glyph (Stormlight glyph)
    • White Sand sun

Oh course I plan to incorporate quotes [These most likely would go on 2x2's that would be the lips on the front of the shelf boards]

• "Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination." - Stormlight Archive 
  • “My life to yours. My breath become yours.” - Warbreaker
  • “There were books involved.” - Mistborn
  • “That's exactly the problem. Everyone's convinced that their lives are over just because their hearts stopped beating.” - Elantris

The wood would most likely be pine or poplar since a) it is cheap and sturdy and b.) easy to work with and c) access to other woods are somewhat hard to come by where I live. I can precut all the boards and sand them prior to having them engraved with the laser and assembling. Afterwards it can get a nice cherry stain or something close. 

Now the question is, I wonder how daunting this task would be.

Edit - this shelf thing was originally meant as a joke, but now I am seriously considering building the thing because it would be amazing. Now only if I could get Brandon Sanderson to sign it if I do :) 

Wow. Good luck with this awesome sounding shelf

7 hours ago, Calderis said:

When someone uses a shortened version of your 17th Shard username and you respond... when they weren't speaking to you...

Someone at work said "Hey, Cal!" speaking to a dude named Calvin. 

My response then required an explanation :lol:

Same thing happened to me. Someone called my friend Ashley “Ash”... and I was like: “You called?” 

Another friend stood off to the side and rolled their eyes. “It’s her no life site.” 

I responded by saying: “Well, I have more friends online than you have in real life, so...” 

They tried to argue, but the Cosmere Character Roast Battle Tournament gave me some great comebacks... 0rFKCWU.gif

Edited by Ashspren

I go by Ark on any online site I'm part of, and I'm trying to get my friends to call me that...

You should totally do the bookshelf. I bet you could have him sign it if you brought it to him at a signing.

Edited by Ark1002

18 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

I go by Ark on any online site I'm part of, and I'm trying to get my friends to call me that...

You should totally do the bookshelf. I bet you could have him sign it if you brought it to him at a signing.

I can see it now... hey Brandon can you sign this bookshelf for me? I totally made it myself. It would be something I would have to take one of the shelves and a picture of the assembled thing. I am working on pricing it out on how much it is going to cost me - i get a discounted hourly rate for his burner but there is still a cost to it.

8 hours ago, Calderis said:

When someone uses a shortened version of your 17th Shard username and you respond... when they weren't speaking to you...

Someone at work said "Hey, Cal!" speaking to a dude named Calvin. 

My response then required an explanation :lol:

My username isnt close to any actual nickname, but someone said they needed ink, andI almost said "why do you need me?" And I didnt

When you imagine that Yondu's arrow from Guardians of the Galaxy is Awakened. 

When you realize Mary Poppins is a Windrunner or Skybreaker

When you are on the shard almost every day

2 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

Hmm... do you have any of Crusty Sean's tickets? I would KILL *wink wink* for some of that Galactic Shwaffle.

Nah. I can give you almost anything else though. Name your price. *wink*