You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

On 7/28/2018 at 3:12 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when your most used line in small talk is "you should read *insert Cosmere book here*"

I say to literally everyone that says they like books at EFY (its a mormon thing) so far out of about 50, 2 know who he is, and none have read his books. Its at BYU, where Brandon teaches...

4 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

I say to literally everyone that says they like books at EFY (its a mormon thing) so far out of about 50, 2 know who he is, and none have read his books. Its at BYU, where Brandon teaches...

I know about EFY, no need to worry;)

19 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

say to literally everyone that says they like books at EFY

I was never able to go, but I still listen to the music sometimes. I feel like the EFY songs are more spiritual than the hymns we sing at church (just my opinion though)

But to keep this thread in track: you know you are a Sanderson fan when you adopt a Nin expression as one of your life mottos, "One cannot live life making decisions at every juncture". You have a game plan, or made tough decision just stick with it.

1 hour ago, Ammanas said:

I was never able to go, but I still listen to the music sometimes. I feel like the EFY songs are more spiritual than the hymns we sing at church (just my opinion though)

But to keep this thread in track: you know you are a Sanderson fan when you adopt a Nin expression as one of your life mottos, "One cannot live life making decisions at every juncture". You have a game plan, or made tough decision just stick with it.

Its really good.

A lot of my notes and things to remember are Knights Radiant oaths. Mostly Bondsmith "I will take responsibility for what I have done. If I must fall, I will rise each time a better squid/kid/spren thingy."

Edit: I realized that I am not actually man, i am a squidkidthing

Edited by Inklingspren

32 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I feel like the EFY songs are more spiritual than the hymns we sing at church (just my opinion though)

I totally agree with this. Well, with a few exceptions.

You know you’re a Sanderfan when your using the Shard on you phone and your sister comes over and says something to the effect of “You’re on that again? You’re always on there. What is it anyway?” I told her it was a Brandon Sanderson thing, and she said, “Well that explains it.”

Edit: 600th post!

Edited by Rebecca

When you quote Sanderson at friends to cheer them up. Even though they don't know the books, there are some good moments and sayings. I tend to speak in quotes when I want to make someone happy.

When you try to predict the oaths for every order of radiant. (Most of mine arent very good. Though Edgedancer 4 i think is: I will find those who have been lost)

When people ask who you are, you respond "I am a stick" and wait for a reaction.

Edited by Inklingspren

When it's the evening before you go to church to marry your husband (we married last year in the town hall and decided to put the whole church stuff a year later) and you still check the shard.
(to my defense: everything is ready and prepared)

4 minutes ago, Sorana said:

When it's the evening before you go to church to marry your husband (we married last year in the town hall and decided to put the whole church stuff a year later) and you still check the shard.
(to my defense: everything is ready and prepared)

Congrats! And why not check the Shard?

You know your a Sanderfan when you are talking with friends via phone call and your internet is poor so you start talking about what Metal stores internet connection. I personally think it is Raysium. Simply because sometimes I feel that the internet hates me... Or maybe Raysium would store autocorrect... that hates me too...

4 minutes ago, Ishar said:

You know your a Sanderfan when you are talking with friends via phone call and your internet is poor so you start talking about what Metal stores internet connection. I personally think it is Raysium. Simply because sometimes I feel that the internet hates me... Or maybe Raysium would store autocorrect... that hates me too...

Hey! You came up with that because of me!

Ishar's internet connection was down, so I asked him if he was filling his duralumin minds...